• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix announces Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call for 3DS

Javier

What they really need to do is raise the Rhythmia cap. For all the stuff you could do in the first game, the 99,999 cap is reached way too early.

Sadist

I'm pretty sure the game sold well in Japan, and 37k first month may seem low, but I guess it's a kind of game that doesn't take much resources to make.
Yeah, S-E undershipped in Japan and it sold well. I'm just hoping for a western release, that's all. I remember the original being hard to get.

Caelestis

This is very exciting for me. Hope this time around if you equip stuff you can still use special moves and summons unlike before.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Yeah, S-E undershipped in Japan and it sold well. I'm just hoping for a western release, that's all. I remember the original being hard to get.

it sold more than 150K for sure, in Japan. considering how the recycled a lot of music and artworks (froma mobile game maybe? don't remember) I can see why they are pushing another episode out

Are they all new tracks? Or does it include the original's?

I'm expecting all songs from the last game, including the DLC songs, plus another 70-80 new songs. They have to take at least some songs from the first game, because they've used most battle songs already for example. Unless they choose to go with only spin-offs.

Chairhome

In your face, all 3DS naysayers :p

I'm excited. Even though I haven't played it as much as I should have, I love the game cause I love the music so much. Hopefully we get some remastered tracks instead of the "straight from the game" ones.

Acosta

Fantastic news!

Hope all of you have your Japanese 3DS ready :p

Nah, just joking, I think it will come even if the first one was not too hot in sales

hat_hair

The only issue I really had in the original game was the lack of variety in the random challenge songs, because they were the best way to grind by miles, but I eventually got sick of the same songs coming up constantly.

Hopefully this massive song list makes that better.

Forkball

I thought I was cured from the stlyus clawhand, but that dream can never be.

There's a ton of music they could put into this. The first game had great tracks, but there were certainly a lot of favorites missing.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Confirmed Characters

Returning Characters

Warrior of Light
Firion
Onion Knight
Cecil
Bartz Klauser
Faris Scherwiz
Terra
Locke Cole
Cloud
Aerith Gainsborough
Squall
Zidane
Vivi Ornitier
Tidus
Yuna?
Shantotto
Vaan
Lightning
Snow Villiers

New characters(some returning from iOS version)

FF2 Leon?
Garnet Til Alexandros XVII (FFIX)
Balthier (FFXII)
Zack Fair (FFVII)
Rinoa Heartilly (FFVIII)
Ramza Beoulve (FF Tactics)
Y'shtola (XIV)
Ace (Type 0)

That's all I can get from what we have so far.

In total if all characters return from T: FF from 3DS and iOS we have a grand total of 41 out of 60 remaining characters. 42 if you count the Chocobo.

Awesome news! I really enjoyed Theatrhythm, looking forward to this as well.
Because playing a game designed for the touchscreen with the touchpad would be a nightmare.
Huh? Vita has a touch screen. The decision to not put it on Vita has nothing to do with that.

They're adding a Type 0 character? Hmm.

Tnetennba

Oh fuck yes. I honestly thought this would just get shoved onto iOS. 3DS release is amazing news, the first is easily one of the best games on the console.

Really hope this comes to EU.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
New characters(some returning from iOS version)

FF2 Leon?
Garnet Til Alexandros XVII (FFIX)
Balthier (FFXII)
Zack Fair (FFVII)
Rinoa Heartilly (FFVIII)
Ramza Beoulve (FF Tactics)
Ace (Type 0)

That's all I can get from what we have so far.

Eh, dat FF Type 0-2 3DS sort of rumour from 2ch starts becoming a little more realistic than before

I know it's 99% bogus, but there's always that 1% of probability, and that's enough for believing, no? XD

bumpkin

Day. Fucking. One.

Theatrhythm was a pleasant surprise for me, I honestly didn't expect it to grab me like it did and command so much of my gaming time. I'm pretty sure I've logged more hours playing FFT than I have any other 3DS games, including Nintendo-made juggernauts like OOT3D, Mario 3D Land, and Luigi's Mansion; and that says a lot, because I love all of those games.

The only part of FFT that fell on its face for me was the Street Pass stuff. I rarely got any during the game's heyday.

I feel like I read somewhere that this tanked in Japan, but did better in the West.

Maybe, I dreamt it.

It did well in Japan and the West considering it didn't cost much to develop. Localization was easy. There's not much going on in the graphics department. Lots of things are reused from old titles. So, it was likely very cheap for SE to develop.

vareon

Eh, dat FF Type 0-2 3DS sort of rumour from 2ch starts becoming a little more realistic than before

I know it's 99% bogus, but there's always that 1% of probability, and that's enough for believing, no? XD

Balthier is there, so that means FFXII Portable for 3DS is confirmed!

Just let me dream

3DS?

george-carlin-o.gif

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Like this won't come to iOS.

Couldn't give a shit about Final Fantasy any more, but Theatrhythm was good shit. Will buy sequel.

Midou

Because playing a game designed for the touchscreen with the touchpad would be a nightmare.

Not sure what you mean by this, playing on the Vita touch screen is no different than playing on an iPhone or Android device.

Hell, this game would work 100% even on the PS4 touchpad, all you need is tap, scroll and hold. Can't imagine anyone who played it thinking otherwise.

Top Bottom