• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix Masterline Nier Automata sculpture - should I buy it

Should I buy it

• Yes, the world is going to hell anyway

Votes: 49 55.7%
  • No, instead spend the money on gacha games and new Apple products that you do not need

Votes: 39 44.3%

• Total voters

Durask

da8d7e8ea1959cb99a5d8084e7ea3700.jpg

I do want to order it.

Downside: wife will kill me if she finds out and the thing is huge and very noticeable.

(she absolutely hates anything that has to do with "big eyed things". :messenger_relieved: )

Last edited:

Madflavor

Go jerk off to images of 2B's ass, and then afterwards see if your brain still thinks it's a good idea to spend that kind of money on a statue of your waifu.

But if you buy it, let us know if it was worth all the fights with your wife, and the threats of divorce for spending three grand of your money on stupid bullshit.

Last edited:

Kimahri

Banned
These kinds of statues have grown to be vastly overpriced ik recent years.

Aside from that, the main downside is that what you're seeing photos of is the master paint. The reference point. You have no idea what the production run will actually look like, and I can pretty much guarantee you the paint job will not be this good on the retail pieces.

I've been burnt before, and price is hardly ever a differentiator.

I've bought statues for 50 with better paint jobs than statues for 500.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
3.4k? Fuck me.......

I saw it was hand painted, but almost 3 and a half grand?!?!.........fuck me..

OP. It's your money. Spend on what you want. If I had that sort of disposable cash I certainly wouldn't be spending it on that. I'd be buying an amazing holiday to some amazing destination and experiencing the world, but that's just me.

Up to you if you want to. Your money.

Rikku-X

What is the price increase on there's type of things over the years? Or does it go down? And this is one of the best sculptures I have ever seen as well.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Why not? It’s not like you’re buying the entire catalogue of merchandise. I just ordered a couple items from their store too. I’ve always wanted a couple statues and I’ve already used up all of my excuses to not own one in the past. I preordered the Vagrant Story figurines they have for 2021. I haven’t seen anything about that game in years.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I myself like having high quality statue of my favourite video game characters but not for that price.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God

I do want to order it.

Downside: wife will kill me if she finds out and the thing is huge and very noticeable.

(she absolutely hates anything that has to do with "big eyed things". :messenger_relieved: )
Well, there's a eye bandana thing, right?! There you go

BUY THE HELL OF IT

I know an insane amount of work went into it, but at that price, I’ll just settle for the pictures, and so should you.

Seriously, go buy clothes or furniture or something.

NinjaBoiX

Do not buy, at the end it’s just another piece of plastic that serves no purpose. Keep the money and treat yourself and your wife to a fancy dinner.
So much this.

You do you at the end of the day, but it’s just a lump of moulded plastic, it’s tacky clutter in my opinion. I don’t understand why you’d want it intruding your life, let alone costing you any money.

*shrugs*

Sure, if you really want it and it's not going to put you in any kind of financial problems; people get fulfillment from all sorts of different things, and as long as it doesn't cause any harm, or becomes addictive, they are all valid.
If anyone is going to give you serious shit about buying something harmless with your own money, they probably aren't a very good fit for you anyway.

V4skunk

Banned

I do want to order it.

You are a grown man ffs.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
It's a $3,400 statue.

Unless the OP tells his wife the price outright, she will never ever guess that such a tacky statue could ever cost that much. The OP is right that the sheer size of the damn thing is going to be the dealbreaker.

Wait for the shitty Wish bootleg version that won't cost you your soul.... And with all that money saved, an body pillow of 2B just in case your wife forces you to sleep at the couch one day. +200iq move

Durask

What is the price increase on there's type of things over the years? Or does it go down? And this is one of the best sculptures I have ever seen as well.

If I could guarantee that it will go up in price over time, she'll have no problem with it. :messenger_sunglasses: However, I cannot honestly guarantee it. Heck, if I was reasonably certain that it will double in price in 4 years I'd buy three of those.
There is high probability that in 10 years you'll be lucky to sell it for the price of shipping.

wipeout364

It’s certainly a cool statue. The size sounds crazy. I personally feel like I have a lot of buyers remorse when I buy those kind of things(not that I have ever bought something that expensive; more figures in general). I can totally see why you would want that statue but in the end I suspect you might regret it. If you are buying as an investment then you don’t get to open it up anyway.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Do you ever want to get laid again? Same question, really.

Traxtech

As a collector myself, it is so overpriced lol... And it's only so much because of licensing.

Go look at the Hunter Fan 2B statue instead, unlicensed 1/4 and less than 450 usd.

Top Bottom