• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix pages for the TGS

Square Enix has a page showing of the titles it will show off at TGS.

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/tgs06/titles/

And here are some shots:

Final Fantasy V Advance
img01.jpg
img02.jpg
img03.jpg
img04.jpg

Final Fantasy VI Advance
img01.jpg
img02.jpg
img03.jpg
img04.jpg

Dragon Quest Monsters Joker
img01.jpg
img02.jpg

Chocobo and the Magic Picture Book
img01.jpg

Other titles I don't care about putting up.

Sallokin

DQM:Joker is looking hotter every time I see it. My one wish is that they'll announce that FM5 is coming to the U.S. Though, I highly doubt we'll see that sort of thing.

I think the big news here is what's playable versus video-only. Unless that's already been announced, but I haven't seen it.

Edit: whoops i guess i mean it's old oh well

ethelred

Sallokin said:
DQM:Joker is looking hotter every time I see it. My one wish is that they'll announce that FM5 is coming to the U.S. Though, I highly doubt we'll see that sort of thing.

And they would announce a North American localization at the Tokyo Game Show... why?

{Mike} said:
They still keep their best stuff under wraps:D

FFXIII Tactics. :D

Kobun Heat said:
I think the big news here is what's playable versus video-only. Unless that's already been announced, but I haven't seen it.

Edit: whoops i guess i mean it's old oh well

Technically, I don't think the other thread had a mention of Square's website for the event.

I mean come on... new Final Fantasy VI advance shots, after a damn long time.

Oh... can anyone translate this on the FF VI page?

In Japanese only said:
オリジナル版は1994年スーパーファミコンで登場。
メインキャラクターすべてが主人公という群像劇。これまでのシリーズで冒険のモチーフとなっていた“クリスタル”を廃し、機械文明を前面に押し出した意欲作。
物語中盤のカタストロフは多くのユーザーに驚愕を与えた。
アビリティや魔法、召喚などを制御する“魔石システム”が特徴的。
100%完全移植+αでついに『FFVI』が21世紀に復活!

Brofist

The title is Chocobo and the Magic Picturebook. Looks interesting if not nostalgic looking (gives me that 1998 new Square PSX game feeling all over again) :D

bengraven

SailorDaravon said:
I need Final Fantasy VI Advance. I NEEDS IT

QFT, I can't believe a decade old port is one of the most exciting upcoming games for me. But FFVI is just SO damn good. Though hopefully they fix that mine cart level which looked terrible.

Saoh

FF6 looks pretty much the same. but i'll buy it anyway... again :p i have the original on SNES

EDIT: WTF @ pokemon by S-E!! o_O

jax (old)

Banned
Golden Darkness said:
Square Enix has a page showing of the titles it will show off at TGS.

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/tgs06/titles/

And here are some shots:

Final Fantasy V Advance
img01.jpg
img02.jpg
img03.jpg
img04.jpg

Final Fantasy VI Advance
img01.jpg
img02.jpg
img03.jpg
img04.jpg

Dragon Quest Monsters Joker
img01.jpg
img02.jpg

Chocobo and the Magic Picture Book
img01.jpg

Other titles I don't care about putting up.

I hate to quote this massive image pics but OHMYGOODNESS. looks incredible. All of them. portable gaming for the win.

are there improvements to FFVI? looks the same. But Terra/Locke/Edward. Oh my

:)

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
its a mail application for mobiles. we knew that since a long time ago. nintendo and s-e are in the same bed know in case you didn't know
edit: defeated

Chocobo Picture Book looks really nice when scaled down to DS resolution.

FF VI Advance shots don't show any of the new material, but that's not too surprising; I expect we won't see any of that until after FF V Advance releases.

edit: On second glance, hahaha @ the Locke shot and "DO RO BO U" Sometimes the oldest jokes are still the funniest.

Chris Michael said:
I still need answers on the DQ mobile games. :p

The one is a Dragon Quest Monsters game, as you said; the other (which you weren't sure about) is a DQ-themed Fushigi no Dungeon game. Not sure if it's new or not.

ethelred

Greenpanda said:
Chocobo Picture Book looks really nice when scaled down to DS resolution.

Yep, it really does. I'm rather looking forward to it -- surprisingly, given that it's a Chocobo game. But damn, Square Enix is really providing some nice stuff for the DS.

just be thankful you got a classic w/ Trigger and a decent follow-up with Cross.

Besides, the best part of what made Chrono Trigger special (the 'Dream Team' of Sakaguchi, Hori, Kitase, Toriyama, Uematsu, and Mitsuda) will probably never happen again... although you never know. :D

Jiggy

Finally, new shots of FFVI, AKA one of the top five GOTYs 2007...

...yet they're showing nothing unique to the GBA game. :( Oh well. I'll settle for the screenshots showing that it looks the same as the original, since it was already beautiful and quite frankly still is.

TheJollyCorner said:
just be thankful you got a classic w/ Trigger and a decent follow-up with Cross.

Besides, the best part of what made Chrono Trigger special (the 'Dream Team' of Sakaguchi, Hori, Kitase, Toriyama, Uematsu, and Mitsuda) will probably never happen again... although you never know. :D

I agree, but I can't help but wishing to see what would happen if Square at least attempted another one. I mean personally, after Dragon Quest VIII, I just think they could do a great Chrono without the dream team. Probably wouldn't be as good, but it would beat me hoping to see a new one every year. :lol

There is no excuse for Parasite Eve though. Or Einhander.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
I'm warning you Square, you better not f*ck up the FFVI port. Well maybe fix the Relm bug while you're at it, but that's it!

brandonh83 said:
I agree, but I can't help but wishing to see what would happen if Square at least attempted another one. I mean personally, after Dragon Quest VIII, I just think they could do a great Chrono without the dream team. Probably wouldn't be as good, but it would beat me hoping to see a new one every year. :lol

There is no excuse for Parasite Eve though. Or Einhander.

Other than lackluster sales?

I agree with you, though. Parasite Eve is just begging to be brought back in a big way. Missing this current gen was basically giving up some great graphical/presentational opportunities- and with PS3, I think the series could make a powerful comeback.
Aya Brea is still a very likeable character... and despite critical failure, I actually loved Parasite Eve 2.

pe_04.jpg

180px-Aya.jpg

BooJoh

Zeenbor said:
img04.jpg

Ah, Ultros. How I missed thee!
Anyone know if this is being translated by the same people who translated FF1&2 Advance? Seeing Ultros translated as Uthros in FF1 was just painful.

Tabris

Out of the games not already released (FF3, FF11), the only one's that really interest me there are Seiken Denetsu 4 (true sequel!!) and Final Fantasy VII CC. I'm just not sure how they'll get a full game out of a prequel to FFVII.

It'll have a pretty cool ending though... *BAM* *main character you've been playing as for 60 hours slumps over* Game Over.

jko

sh!t, just saw this pic and i realised...
Final_Fanatasy_6_Kefka_SNES.png

...how the **** are they gonna fit Kefka's sprite on that GBA screen?!?!?!?! >;0

Top Bottom