• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix pages for the TGS

jiggle said:
Or they could just be tied up with FFXI.

The scenario guy who happens to be the most important is in Monolith Soft!

I think most of the old team worked on Baten Kaitos. FFXI team is like the CT battle team or something + Quest.

ethelred

DarknessTear said:
The scenario guy who happens to be the most important is in Monolith Soft!

I think most of the old team worked on Baten Kaitos. FFXI team is like the CT battle team or something + Quest.

Masato Kato is hardly the most important person in the Chrono games. And anyway, he's not at Monolith Soft -- he's a freelancer who also is working on the Square Enix Mana games now.

And, er, who else worked on Baten Kaitos and Chrono? Different artists, different programmers, different producers, different directors.

FredFish

TheJollyCorner said:
give it up, bucko. Not happenin'... just like ArtDink will never make Tail of the Sun 2. Time to move on. :)

You push down the braille at libraries for the blind don't you?

P.S. Artdink came out with a new Carnage Heart for PSP so the rumor (which I'm starting now) that they are working on a PS3 version of Tail of the Sun might well be true.

ethelred said:
Masato Kato is hardly the most important person in the Chrono games. And anyway, he's not at Monolith Soft -- he's a freelancer who also is working on the Square Enix Mana games now.

And, er, who else worked on Baten Kaitos and Chrono? Different artists, different programmers, different producers, different directors.

Well as far as CC goes, the artist is the same. :T Man, Square has split every which way. Some of their staff is like everywhere now. Also I had no idea Masato Kato was freelance. Mitsuda is freelance as well but supposedly he doesn't like making music for games anymore according to a bunch of people on a VGM forum. I haven't seen it in interview form myself.

Aruze and Monolith Soft off the top of my head are filled with ex Square employees.

ethelred said:
Play it on the
Wii.

If Square releases it for VC at launch, then i'll buy it. I wish we could get a list of games soon.

darknesstear said:
Aruze and Monolith Soft off the top of my head are filled with ex Square employees.

Doesn't Skip also have ex-square?

ethelred said:
Nakaba Higurashi and Yasuyuki Honne are the same person?

Environment art! Oh hell I dunno. I just recall it in a review of BK somewhere. I guess this is Masato Kato's influence and not so much the artist's then?

ethelred

DarknessTear said:
Environment art! Oh hell I dunno. I just recall it in a review of BK somewhere. I guess this is Masato Kato's influence and not so much the artist's then?

Yeah, Honne did the overworld maps in Baten Kaitos, but that's it.

Pretty tenuous connection there. :p

ethelred said:

CC and BK's style was veeeeeeeeeeeery similar though. VERY similar. Like.. in most ways.

BK was prettier though. Hello town made of sweets.

beef3483

TheJollyCorner said:
just be thankful you got a classic w/ Trigger and a decent follow-up with Cross.

Besides, the best part of what made Chrono Trigger special (the 'Dream Team' of Sakaguchi, Hori, Kitase, Toriyama, Uematsu, and Mitsuda) will probably never happen again... although you never know. :D

If Hori just did another Chrono game with Toriyama character art, I would be happy.

I have had this dream scenario in my head of a second Chrono Trigger, but in a world all it's own with no connection to the past Chrono games.

Deku

Banned
Golden Darkness said:
Oh... can anyone translate this on the FF VI page?
オリジナル版は1994年スーパーファミコンで登場。
メインキャラクターすべてが主人公という群像劇。これまでのシリーズで冒険のモチーフとなっていた“クリスタル”を廃し、機械文明を前面に押し出し た意欲作。
物語中盤のカタストロフは多くのユーザーに驚愕を与えた。
アビリティや魔法、召喚などを制御する“魔石システム”が特徴的。
100%完全移植+αでついに『FFVI』が21世紀に復活!

Nothing big, its just a brief synopsis.

Originally released for the SuperFamiCom in 1994.

The game focuses on the main protagonists, abolishing the focus on the 'crystal' motif established earlier in the series. Many players were surprised by the game's themes (catastrophes and the use of a machine civilization). The game features new summons, abilities and the use of the magicite (demon) system.

With a 100% transition completed, 「Final Fantasy VI」 is finally ready for a 21st century revival.

Scalemail Ted said:
Why does S-E hate Chrono Trigger so?

CT was a one-off project. It was meant to be a collaboration between the 2 RPG giants of the day. The sequel was more of a cash in based on an existing text adventure Square released for the SFC sattleview system called Radical Dreamers. Many of Crono Cross's original sounds had their genesis in Radical Dreamers and were not original to Crono Cross. CT /Crono franchise is dead until of course Horii, Sakaguchi or S-E decides to revive it again.

Diablos

Scalemail Ted said:
I guess I'll just replay Chrono Trigger on the SNES. Man, I dont even remember where my SNES is. :-(
You legally own a copy of Chrono Trigger, so download ZSNES and find a rom image of Chrono Trigger (don't ask in here though).

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
FredFish said:
P.S. Artdink came out with a new Carnage Heart for PSP so the rumor (which I'm starting now) that they are working on a PS3 version of Tail of the Sun might well be true.

Fingers (and toes) crossed they're still doing that PS3 Aquanaut's Holiday that was listed on SCEJ's original local software support sheet.

jarrod

Banned
Scalemail Ted said:
Doesn't Skip also have ex-square?
Also there's Alphadream, Brownie Brown, Feel Plus, MGS Japan, Mistwalker Studio (obviously) and probably some others I'm forgetting about.

duckroll

ethelred said:

Actually, in this case, DarknessTear is right. Honne is the art director for the Chrono games, and he's the co-director of BK and the director of BK2. He might have only personally drawn the overworld maps, but the art direction and overall visual look of the BK games are supervised by him, being the director and all. Major connection. :D

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Diablos said:
You legally own a copy of Chrono Trigger, so download ZSNES and find a rom image of Chrono Trigger (don't ask in here though).

That's really not how the law works, although I guess morally you're in the clear. Basically all but the most liberal interpretations of fair use say that any and all backup or alternate-medium copies must come from your original. (Otherwise, for example, you'd be legally in the clear to download the PSX CT ISO if you owned the SNES CT cart)

jarrod

Banned
Those mobile games look hawt... SE should seriously port them to GBA, we deserve a good version of Seiken 1. :(

I just wish their was a way SE could make FFV/FFVI detect if it's being played in a DS instead of the GBA. I hate playing GBA games on my lite and I really don't want to hear downgraded versions/remixes of the original music.

Square-Enix's support of the DS is fantastic, with eight games in the DS lifespan already (including Mario Basketball), with surely more games to come. :D To put it into prespective the GBA only got nine (including ports) Square-Enix games in it's entire lifespan.

jarrod

Banned
fly high ~ayunite~ said:
Square-Enix's support of the DS is fantastic, with eight games in the DS lifespan already (including Mario Basketball), with surely more games to come. :D To put it into prespective the GBA only got nine (including ports) Square-Enix games in it's entire lifespan.
Only if you count post-merger...

Game Boy Advance
01 Dragon Quest Characters: Toruneko no Daibouken 2 Advance (2001)
02 Snap Kids! (2002)
03 Samurai Evolution: Oukuku Geist (2002)
04 Chocoboland: A Game of Dice (2002)
05 Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (2003)
06 Dragon Quest Monsters: Caravan Heart (2003)
07 Sword of Mana (2003)
08 Slime Morimori Dragon Quest: Shougeki No Shippo Dan (2003)
09 Dragon Quest Characters: Toruneko no Daibouken 3 Advance (2004)
10 Final Fantasy I&II: Dawn of Souls (2004)
11 Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories (2004)
12 Final Fantasy IV Advance (2005)
13 Final Fantasy V Advance (2006)
14 Final Fantasy VI Advance (2006)

Nintendo DS
01 Hanjuku Einyu DS: Egg Monster Hero (2005)
02 Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (2005)
03 Children of Mana (2006)
04 Mario Hoops: 3-on-3 (2006)
05 Final Fantasy III (2006)
06 Chocobo to Mahou no Ehon (2006)
07 Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker (2006)
08 Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Ring of Fates (2007)

PSP
01 Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth (2006)
02 Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy in Itadaki Street Portable (2006)
03 Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (2007)

jarrod said:
Only if you count post-merger...

Game Boy Advance
01 Dragon Quest Characters: Toruneko no Daibouken 2 Advance (2001)
02 Snap Kids! (2002)
03 Samurai Evolution: Oukuku Geist (2002)
04 Chocoboland: A Game of Dice (2002)
05 Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (2003)
06 Dragon Quest Monsters: Caravan Heart (2003)
07 Sword of Mana (2003)
08 Slime Morimori Dragon Quest: Shougeki No Shippo Dan (2003)
09 Dragon Quest Characters: Toruneko no Daibouken 3 Advance (2004)
10 Final Fantasy I&II: Dawn of Souls (2004)
11 Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories (2004)
12 Final Fantasy IV Advance (2005)
13 Final Fantasy V Advance (2006)
14 Final Fantasy VI Advance (2006)

Nintendo DS
01 Hanjuku Einyu DS: Egg Monster Hero (2005)
02 Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (2005)
03 Children of Mana (2006)
04 Mario Hoops: 3-on-3 (2006)
05 Final Fantasy III (2006)
06 Chocobo to Mahou no Ehon (2006)
07 Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker (2006)
08 Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Ring of Fates (2007)

PSP
01 Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth (2006)
02 Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy in Itadaki Street Portable (2006)
03 Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (2007)

ooo my bad :eek:

Top Bottom