• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix to announce a Secret Title on 12 Dec [Over. Star Galaxy, browser game]

Status
Not open for further replies.

_woLf

My soul cries out for a sequel to this:

61K9QuiBEkL._SL500_SS500_.jpg

Too bad the "SE" in Sega doesn't stand for Square Enix.

jackal27

Banned
Personally I would love to see a Star Ocean anything (collection maybe?), but I especially want a 3DS RPG. It drives me nuts that my DS was THE place for RPGs and I have yet to play one on my 3DS aside from Denpa Men.

_woLf

I'd be absolutely delighted if it's Star Ocean 3DS/Vita.

Preferably Vita.

Sega and Square Enix make enough mistakes without being one company... >_<

I think I'm okay that there's not a Shadow the Hedgehog iOS JRPG with social features...

YET...

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
My soul cries out for a sequel to this:

Ask Nude Maker and/or Sega about it.

Such an underrated game. Probably not going to be everyone's cup of tea due to some of the challenge associated with it, but the I felt like the narrative was very well-told, and probably was one of the better narratives this generation. Too bad about the audio mixing.

RPGCrazied

I have no doubt it'll be an iOS or browser game. No way its going to be a big game. They can't even get versus out. And they're just milking FFXIII's universe for whatever reason. :/

jackal27

Banned
We're dreaming too small here people. We need to get this unreasonable hype train rolling!

My vote is for Super Mario RPG 2: Super Mario Galaxy RPG!!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I think I'm okay that there's not a Shadow the Hedgehog iOS JRPG with social features...
I don't think they're that stupid. Sega's been doing some really stupid shit lately, but I don't think they're going to go down that route again.

Well, Iizuka's kind of back in charge. He didn't direct the last few Sonic games; he was only the producer. But I think he did say that he wanted to get back into a more hands-on role (so presumably director). The last Sonic game he directed was Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games. But given that they finally have a competent formula down for the games now, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt regarding a future mainline Sonic game.

She seemed drunk too. She's a flirty drunk, I felt like I was gonna end up back at her place, and I wasn't even at the VGA's!

Lol. She's an actress. She was pandering to the crowd. Alba knows she's hot (and I'm gay), was totally playing it up. She's not the nicest person (from what I've read) - cant stand her.

Anyhow, I hope this SE announcement pertains to handhelds. Though, not really sure if I should be excited - if so, Bravely Default hasn't even been revealed to come westward.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Ask Nude Maker and/or Sega about it.

Such an underrated game. Probably not going to be everyone's cup of tea due to some of the challenge associated with it, but the I felt like the narrative was very well-told, and probably was one of the better narratives this generation. Too bad about the audio mixing.

Sound Effects were the only bad part of that game.

Go_Ly_Dow

time for bed.

people i leave with a message, we must all unite and collectively believe for Star Ocean V 4 consoles!

if we can do this, then hope shall remain until the last second of that timer!

let us celebrate victory together in the morning.

sublimit

Banned
My only hope is that SE gave a big budget to Tri-Ace to work on a new Star Ocean game but who am i kidding?FFXIV has eaten up all their money.

I would even be happy with a Star Ocean for Vita but...in the end we all know this is gonna be another lame IOS game. :/

Goli

Hopefully it is a new iOS/Android RPG. The Chaos Rings series has been fantastic.

Yes! But if it is, I hope it uses the same writers from the original Chaos Rings.
It's a shame they didn't keep them for Omega/II, but oh well.

Eusis

Hopefully it is a new iOS/Android RPG. The Chaos Rings series has been fantastic.
If they really do do that I kinda hope they start making them eShop/PSN titles too. Solid compromise: you get your mobile audience, while the core audience that wants your RPGs on handhelds again gets served too!

wulff83

Neo Member
I have Chaos Rings for Android and I think it's fantastic. Really cool premise and a fun game to boot. It's made by Media.Vision, the same people responsible for the Wild Arms franchise.

Loved the Wild Arms series (except 2, for some reason) so I went over to the play store to check out Chaos Rings. Nope. Not gonna run on my Evo 4g. XD

Midou

I have Chaos Rings for Android and I think it's fantastic. Really cool premise and a fun game to boot. It's made by Media.Vision, the same people responsible for the Wild Arms franchise.

Sure wish Media.Vision was making Wild Arms titles and on consoles instead..

Personally I would love to see a Star Ocean anything (collection maybe?), but I especially want a 3DS RPG. It drives me nuts that my DS was THE place for RPGs and I have yet to play one on my 3DS aside from Denpa Men.

what you and I need is breath of fire vi on 3ds

edit: Whatever it is, it's going to be disappointing and I refuse to be excited for it.
makes mental note to check this thread at 9 for meltdowns

9:00 PM reveal eh?

Ok SE. Sure. My bar for you couldn't be any lower, so anything other than shit will be a magnificent surprise.

Star Ocean iOS.

Takao

Banned
Sure wish Media.Vision was making Wild Arms titles and on consoles instead..

I remember when Media.Vision were hiring for a PS3 project. and a PSP project. People speculated it was the return of Wild Arms. PSP project was probably Valkyria Chronicles 3. PS3 project was probably canned.

Aeana

Always surprised to see people say they like Chaos Rings. What is it that you like about it, exactly? I honestly think it's one of the dullest RPGs I've ever played this side of Legend of Dragoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom