• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix to announce a Secret Title on 12 Dec [Over. Star Galaxy, browser game]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
FFXII IZJE HD the star is like the constellations aka zodiac get it

。・゚・(ノД`)・゚・。 。・゚・(ノД`)・゚・。 。・゚・(ノД`)・゚・。

Zaki2407

SE : "we,re going to announce our secret game to all of our fans around the world. It,s called Blablabla game. But sorry, we,re still on a very early stage of development. We can,t show you anything yet. We can only show you the title logo for now. So, stay tuned for our updates in the coming years. Cheers"

.............. @_@

So what happened to this game:

Square-Enix-New-Action-RPG-artwork.jpg

Last we heard anything about it was about a year ago.

Secret Title 1. Revolutionary new game spearheaded by the biggest names at Square Enix and promises to be the next long-running JRPG franchise. Teaser shows off beautiful cutscenes with j-pop idol characters and tons of sparklies and poses. Projected release date of (current year) + 1 for the next 6 years only to be postponed for next-next gen consoles. By 2020, no one at Square Enix will remember it and will insist you not remember it as well, despite having spinoffs ST 1-2, ST 1 Gaiden, and ST: String of Random Words 4DS all released. Heed my words, for I am Nostradamus.

Shahed

Please be Star Ocean, please come to the West, and for God's sake, please don't be a mobile game!

Pretty much. I'd love a new Star Ocean. I thought the combat and general gameplay mechanics were really well done in SO4. The rest was atrcious though. If they can encase it in a better shell this time around, it would be awesome

So what happened to this game:

Square-Enix-New-Action-RPG-artwork.jpg

Last we heard anything about it was about a year ago.

The UE3 project? Might well have been cancelled due to staff being diverted to FFXIV. But who knows.

Anyway, no CERO logo means this pretty much has to be an iPhone/Android/social title, right?

Zaventem

I wonder how many people got that 1k/platinum in SO4.I gave up on it haven't even faced Ethernal Queen.Will probably revist later on.

My heart wishes for a 2D Secret of Mana remake but my mind tells me it's Star Ocean 5 which I also greatly appreciate as I was one of the nut people who loved Star Ocean 4 :D (International on PS3 mind you, the 360 version was bad...)

If is a portable game it won't get localized.

If is a social game is better forget about it.

If is a iOS game it will be probably an overpriced port of old games.

Either way, we all lose.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Star Ocean 4: Extended Cut

50% longer script. All voice actors on board including new crazy pirate bear character voiced by Bobcat Goldthwait.

Aeana

The UE3 project? Might well have been cancelled due to staff being diverted to FFXIV. But who knows.

Anyway, no CERO logo means this pretty much has to be an iPhone/Android/social title, right?
It was announced after the FF14 staff change-up. I'm sure it's still in development. Since it's produced by Ichimura, it might even be developed by a third party.

Jeels

I hope its at least something like a Vita port and not something going to iOS and Mobage.

Not even going to hope that its a PS360 game because I just don't expect that from their countdown timers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom