• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix to announce a Secret Title on 12 Dec [Over. Star Galaxy, browser game]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epcott

I'm placing bets on this being Star Ocean: Endless Galaxy Card Battle for browser or iOS.

There will be much weeping from the foolishly hyped masses.

oddigy

I'm hoping it ends up being anything related to the Star Ocean series that I will get to play in English. What it ends up being, I don't mind too much.

lol, this thread made my day... Almost nobody cares anymore because we all know it's gonna be crap, see how far you've fallen SE... 6 pages of spoofs, lol. Thanks GAF

This pretty much sums it. SE is struggling but not willing to change. It actually makes me very sad for them.

CorvoSol

Why would it have terms blatantly from Gundam AGE if it wasn't some kind of Square Enix-Bandai Gundam co-produced title? Maybe a crossover?

I will pray every night from now on that it is not a Gundam AGE game. The last thing that horrible, terrible series needs is merchandise and the deranged advertising strategies of Square Enix.

Gundam AGE is the worst Gundam series ever. EVER.

shaowebb

FF 13-13 Double Lightning Edition. First page is filled with polls asking you about Lightning wanting feedback and all the choices you have are positive whether you want them to be or not.

The words are currently STAR, WAR and DIVIDE. A friend of mine found the word GALAXY too:
galaxy.png

wulff83

Neo Member
Illusion of Gaia 2.

Technically, that's Terranigma. XD Soul Blazer came first, then Illusion of Gaia, then Terranigma. They are often referred to as the Creation Trilogy and share similar themes and gameplay mechanics. Though, far as I know, they are not directly related other than that. (not sure about Terranigma easter eggs, but Gaia had a secret SoulBlazer boss.

I really didn't hate Star Ocean IV that much (played PS3 version with Japanese dub) so I would welcome V with open arms. Battle system in IV was soo good. Just change that horrible art for characters (dolls..) and actually put some thought in dialogue.

Hmm....

1212 = Revealed on 12/12

0715 = Set in 0715 SD in the Star Ocean universe?

So far:

Star Ocean: The Last Hope: 0010 SD
Star Ocean: First Departure (past events): 0046 SD
Star Ocean: First Departure: 0346 SD
Star Ocean: Second Evolution: 0366 SD
Star Ocean: Blue Sphere: 0368 SD
Star Ocean: Till the End of Time: 0772 SD

So...

STAR OCEAN 5, PREQUEL TO STAR OCEAN 3 CONFIRMED. :)

Famassu

Ambition is comical to me. As if Square Enix knows the definition of the term anymore.
They are pretty much the only Japanese developer still giving big budgets to JRPGs, while ones like Konami, Capcom & Namco Bandai have abandoned them (almost) completely.

Plus, I don't know where you have been, but they have plenty of ambition. Of course ones with idiotic blind hate towards them wouldn't notice it. :)

This pretty much sums it. SE is struggling but not willing to change. It actually makes me very sad for them.
They have been making huge changes and are in the middle of them as well. They've shown to be willing to change, you really do not have ANYTHING to base your statement on.

Yes. Like everyone who made the company great has given up or left.
Still plenty of great people left at Square Enix, involved in great games like TWEWY, KH:BBS, Type-0, Dissidia, Bravely Default etc. and working on potentially great stuff like FFXIV 2.0, Versus XIII and such.

wulff83

Neo Member
Hmm....

1212 = Revealed on 12/12

So far:

Star Ocean: The Last Hope: 0010 SD
Star Ocean: First Departure (past events): 0046 SD
Star Ocean: First Departure: 0346 SD
Star Ocean: Second Evolution: 0366 SD
Star Ocean: Blue Sphere: 0368 SD
Star Ocean: Till the End of Time: 0772 SD

So...

STAR OCEAN 5, PREQUEL TO STAR OCEAN 3 CONFIRMED. :)

With the length of time it takes them to get a game out after the announcement, I'd wager that that 12120715 represents the announcement date of December 2012 and the release date of July 2015. >.>

B.K.

Hmm....

1212 = Revealed on 12/12

It's actually T.C. 0715! It's going to take place during the unrecorded years between the founding of Neo Jerusalem and the rediscovery of the Zohar during the Xenogears Episode I time period!

In the latest issue of French gaming magazine AMUSEMENT, tri-Ace director Yakayushi Suguro talks about the developer’s relation with Square Enix — considering they’re developing Resonance of Fate under SEGA’s publishing. While doing so, he seems to have revealed that a new Star Ocean title is on the way.

“But it’s not like Square Enix has lost tri-Ace forever,” Suguro told the French magazine, “they’ll have the new Star Ocean after Resonance of Fate is out.”

Is Star Ocean 5 already in the works?

Source: http://gematsu.com/2010/02/tri-ace-director-mentions-new-star-ocean

So, does anyone remember this?

Exodus

Banned
Every post before this express's what I think it's going to be but I post because I still care. When are they going to give us what we want so they can take my money?

WHEN?

Oh, found this too:

In an article analyzing tri-Ace’s ASKA Engine, which is seen Infinite Undiscovery, Star Ocean: The Last Hope, and Resonance of Fate, the developer mentions an unannounced game is using the engine. ASKA stands for tri-Ace Superlative Knowledge-based Architecture.

The game began development in 2009, but tri-Ace have not revealed the title. The game is using a second generation version of the ASKA Engine – which means it should perform better than the already released tri-Ace games.

In late February, tri-Ace director Yakayushi Suguro mentioned that “new Star Ocean” may be in development. This could possibly be the game that tri-Ace is talking about here.

Source: http://gematsu.com/2010/04/tri-ace-working-on-unannounced-game-using-aska-engine

And last year we saw that stunning video, showing the improvements on the ASKA engine.

Let me dream.

Bukana

Yes, SO4 had problems in terms of pacing and characters not to mention the environments.
I wish they would go back to the world in SO3 more, it was the best in the series.

Beth Cyra

I'd like a Valkyrie Profile 3: Hrist but who wants that?

I wanted this until I played through VP2, unlike alot of people I thought the game and the characters were awful.

Make the game more like Lenneth and HD sprites on Vita and I would give it a shot. Othewise I think I will just pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom