• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix's Dissidia Team Wants And Intends To Make a New Dissidia

Eh and I don't like Final Fantasy party games like Dissidia or Threathyfh,mndm, can we please get more relevant titles like Final Fantasy 5 Remake or Type-1? A new Tactics? Hello?

There's absolutely no way it's on Vita,
You are not thinking this through are you?

It's almost like we haven't seen PSV multis!

CorvoSol

Both of these would be really great. Best news out of Square in a good long time. Shame neither seems likely to happen at all.

Mesoian

If they want to break away from their "Final Fantasy as Virtual On except we don't know how to handle the y axis so...DASH!!!" formula, I'm fine with that.

I never really cared for Dissida, as a fighting game it was wildly unbalanced and as a fan service game, it was too complex to just fall into to. It'd be interesting if they want to take it's competitive spirit and build something that's more accessible around it.

LuuKyK

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD.

*dies multiple times* this is literally a dream come true. I loved dissidia duodecim so much.

I swear to god if they don't make a new one now I will be extremely pissed.

Skilletor

Eh and I don't like Final Fantasy party games like Dissidia or Threathyfh,mndm, can we please get more relevant titles like Final Fantasy 5 Remake or Type-1? A new Tactics? Hello?

You are not thinking this through are you?

It's almost like we haven't seen PSV multis!

Pretty sure Dissidia, based on sales alone, is more relevant than any FF5 remake or "new tactics" game would be. Cool if you don't like them. Lots of people do.

dissidia duodecim is like one of my top 5 games ever. its so fucking good. i have hundreds of hours maxing out every character and getting all the summons and unlockables.

dissidia 3 needs to happen.

and keep it as an arena fighter.

Mesoian

Pretty sure Dissidia, based on sales alone, is more relevant than any FF5 remake or "new tactics" game. Cool if you don't like them. Lots of people do.

Well, I think it's more that it was a game that could push system sales on a platform that, other wise, very few people cared about.

Sounds like a perfect fit for the Vita.

Can SE just fucking give us english subtitles for FF Type-0??

I don't care what platform it's on, don't care if it's a direct port... why can't they just put english subtitles so non-japanese fans can import? From the looks of it, it seems like the best FF to come out since FFX and we get excluded from it. WHYY?? :(

PS- did the fan translation ever get completed?

Yazuka

Would love to see a new one. But I'd rather have it as a big jrpg or action rpg.
It's fine the way it is, but I'd like to see something more be done than just a fighting game.

killatopak

Guys guys, updating the game and balancing it is more easier than it is last gen. Dissidia will be far more competitive than last time.

I'm so excited to play this.

My mains: Cecil,Kefka and Firion.
Alts: Cloud,Squall and Warrior of Light.

LuuKyK

dissidia duodecim is like one of my top 5 games ever. its so fucking good. i have hundreds of hours maxing out every character and getting all the summons and unlockables.

dissidia 3 needs to happen.

and keep it as an arena fighter.

Exactly. Keep it the way it is. Make some new mechanics, include new characters. Just that. No need to change everything.

I would love to see a Dissidia game in HD.

I don't care what platform it's on, don't care if it's a direct port... why can't they just put english subtitles so non-japanese fans can import? From the looks of it, it seems like the best FF to come out since FFX and we get excluded from it. WHYY?? :(

Can we not turn this thread into Type-0 begging please?

Obvious iOS/Android title.

SE is done with dedicated handhelds. Well, not completely - they'll continue putting out 3-4 or so 3DS titles aimed at the Japanese market per year, at least for now - but if they had any intention of producing another handheld title comparable in scope to KH3D or much of their PSP output, they'd have announced something along those lines over the past two years. Instead, well, FF Agito speaks for itself.

Phades

I just find it a shame that the first release of the series felt more like a tech demo, while the second release felt more like a full game release. What a difference adding the overworld makes...

It seems weird that it appeared that they weren't going to continue the franchise at all. Hopefully, it can remain unique in that it has the action combat style. Although I also hope that it doesn't turn into a KH or crossover style game giving square an excuse to just dump whatever characters they feel like into it from any franchise (Ex: Laura croft).

It would be nice to see a more fleshed out world this time around, even if it is post calamity and somewhat barren. Although I am not sure about plot setup and tie-ins. The Chaos vs. Cosmos probably needs to change and simply doing fan based match ups (like the original inception) most likely won't carry a new title in the series on its own. The combat mechanics were simple and fairly intuitive, yet had enough variety to retain attention throughout the game. It would be a shame to see the series fail at this point.

They could do some skipping around throughout each of the final fantasies if they wanted to, re-imaging some of the major plot events and "acting" them out in the actual combat sequences and incorporate more of a party feel to it, with how they started to with the TAG system in 012. I am sure they could pull something off that still feels fresh and original and hopefully fully fleshed out instead of something feeling like a tech demo again. Hopefully it doesn't go to IOS as well...

Krammy

For the occasion, Hazama states his desire to connect Chrono Trigger’s original story writer, Yuji Horii (also known as the father of the Dragon Quest series,) with former Squaresoft producer and director Hironobu Sakaguchi, to create the “ultimate dot-art” game.

No! I don't want it. I don't trust you Square Enix, you'll screw it up. You can't tempt me like this!

What's a dot-art game?

It's the Japanese term for pixel art.

TDLink

Totally down for another Dissidia. I'm guessing that they will probably go 3DS with it so they can reuse most of the assets with minimal upgrades, which is fine. I just want more.

If it's for Vita I'd definitely get it.

I think my best character in Dissidia 012 was Tidus, and Squall. I played that game for a very long time when I first downloaded it on my Vita.

I'd love a new Dissidia. 012 had so much to do it was insane and the fighting was so good. Give me Auron in a new one and I would scream

That's what I figured, but I wanted to make sure.

Squenix hasn't done actual, honest-to-god pixel art in a while, right? Besides the "high-def" sprite work of their iOS games?

They did some good sprite art for All the Bravest.

Too bad it was All the Bravest.

Hopefully they put the game on console this time around. The game won't have more than 15 people playing it if it launches on Vita exclusively.

Aru

Dissidia is my most played and favorite fighting game series.
I'll buy the console they release a sequel for, if I don't already own it.

Asd202

They should wait for XV to be out and add some character from that. I don't realy care Dissidia was boring for me.

I just want Type-0 and a current gen FFVII remake. It seems Squeenix has abandoned that option for some reason I will never know.

CorvoSol

It's-

It's apparently at 33% now.

Yeah what Meccanical said.

Top Bottom