• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix's Dissidia Team Wants And Intends To Make a New Dissidia

Kouriozan

Square making a spin-off Final Fantasy on PS4 would require too much budget for them in a time where they just throw everything on iOS.
But making it Vita exclusive isn't a good idea to get profit too :s
This is really a tricky situation.

No! I don't want it. I don't trust you Square Enix, you'll screw it up. You can't tempt me like this!

If it's bringing forth Horii and Sakaguchi(despite being hard as hell considering Sakaguchi's not with Square anymore), it's on the right track. As long as a lot of the bigwigs don't meddle much. Hell, they might get Kato on board, and that would be more than CC had. I think the "Dream Team" effort really went a long way in making CT a great game. Might be a pipe dream, but damn, to hear someone at Square acknowledging the Chrono series, let another the 20th anniversary, it DOES get me hyped.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
I want it on PS4 with Type-0, Versus, XIII-2 and LR casts added to it. Also few spinoffs like crisis core, fft ect. what they're doing with theatrhythm.

I cant ever decide if I like dissidia

wasn't super fun but I played a ton of it anyway

i think i'd play a new one anyway

getting an ipad for christmas so this is good news for me

MAtgS

Square making a spin-off Final Fantasy on PS4 would require too much budget for them in a time where they just throw everything on iOS.
But making it Vita exclusive isn't a good idea to get profit too :s
This is really a tricky situation.
Just put it on 3DS & remember to localize it.

Teknoman

I really wish they could make a somewhat sensible story in the next Dissidia. I know its hard to tie in characters from FF I-XIV (XV?) but i'm sure they could make something cool.

Use the void as the story basis and maybe the origin of the void. Would be pretty cool imo.

Man, you know the world have moved on when people are more excited about Type-0 and Dissidia than the Chrono series :(

I dont think there has been news on the Chrono front in a very long time.

Maedhros

I don't understand people in this topic who want a new Dissidia but didn't like the controls or battle system. Why do you want a new game if you didn't like the game? The battle system WAS the game, and it was great. And the controls suited it fine.

Because they can make it better? The controls were only okay for the ammount of inputs the PSP had.

Reszo

Yes put it on the PS4, that would be amazing. Think of the potential. It would be so beautiful also. They can also port it to Vita.

JordanN

Banned
Needs to play more like Powerstone.

I still hate the floaty combat system.

And better writing if Squenix cares.

Vodh

Square, sell all your assets that would not contribute to this game, sell all rights to all titles except for Final Fantasy and make it a freaking billion dollar budget PS4 game.

No risk no fun.

I so want a new Dissidia, but make it Vita or PS4 or bust.

Kientin

Would flip out if they did this. Two major things on my wish list for it.

1. No IOS please.
2. There are still so many good Final Fantasy characters they could put in, keep it to Final Fantasy characters only.

I wouldn't be surprised if I lost out to both of these. :(

dark_chris

Quick recap on Square Enix strategy.

twewyioszsjii.png

This is so true. Whatever we really want, it won't be made. Square will make sure of it.

This seems like the real news to me:
Additionally, the hit SNES title, Chrono Trigger, will be celebrating its 20th anniversary in a little over a year. For the occasion, Hazama states his desire to connect Chrono Trigger’s original story writer, Yuji Horii (also known as the father of the Dragon Quest series,) with former Squaresoft producer and director Hironobu Sakaguchi, to create the “ultimate dot-art” game. However, he states that the hurdles are high and might be difficult to do.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Don't care what console it is made for, whether it is 3DS, PS Vita, PS3, PS4, even the IPad. All I hope is that they get more female representation, Dissidia 012 is a good step in the right direction from number 1.

Would Sakaguchi work with SE?

That's the million dollar question.

Would be an amazing dream, though. Square Enix + Mistwalker = New Chrono game. Maybe get a few freelancers to join the project(Kato, Akira Toriyama, Mitsuda, Minaba,... hell, maybe even get Uematsu to compose a few songs, like the original). The dream of a dream... only fitting for a "Dream Team"!

So, console battle aside, what characters should appear in the next Dissidia? I kind of hope that they don't come out with it until XV is out because I want XV characters.

I'd also not object if they cut Vaan and replaced him with Basch... Vaan rivaling Gabranth is just wrong. Not to even mention the fact that they completely ignored Gabranth in story mode. Another omission from 012 that really bothered me was Auron. I was so disappointed when they announced Yuna, and not the only playable character from X that I liked. Auron vs Jecht would have been nice.

Come to think of it, pretty much everything that I actually wanted in Dissidia 012 didn't make it in.

Any more non mobile Dissidia is always welcome. I spent hundreds of hours on those games, there fantastic. I would love a PS4 version but I would take a Vita version as well.

I don't think more people are talking about the Chrono news because it's just wishful thinking.

solomon

The cheaper route for Square would be putting it on the 3ds since they have the psp models done, but I would buy a psvita TV for this.

Top Bottom