• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront is current-gen only (PS4/XBO/PC)

2thepoint

No.

"In-engine footage" isn't the same as gameplay footage. Getting all your mechanics/systems/processes in the game really eat away at your budget (memory/performance budget).

I bet they used something like this to be like "okay this is the look we're aiming for, the bar we're aiming to hit" and they'll try their best to hit it.

latest

a916

Most if not all developers use conceptual footage as a bar they plan to hit, or as footage they use to make their pitch so a publisher picks up their project.

Not saying they won't get close to it, but personally, I'd reserve expectations until next month when they show it off. It'll look good nonetheless. (the AT walkers aren't even textured in that footage :|)

Demon Ice

Banned
Is this going to be M rated?

I'm expecting T since it's Disney and I can't really imagine Star Wars characters yelling about getting their shit pushed in :p

Also I'd be ok with 1080p30 if it looks like that screenshot. 900p60 would be okay if it looks like BF4, but if it looks anything like Hardline I'm going to wait until I build my new PC and just play it on that.

I'm expecting T since it's Disney and I can't really imagine Star Wars characters yelling about getting their shit pushed in :p

Also I'd be ok with 1080p30 if it looks like that screenshot. 900p60 would be okay if it looks like BF4, but if it looks anything like Hardline I'm going to wait until I build my new PC and just play it on that.
Disney probably doesn't care but how can you make a rated m star wars game. all the star wars weapons are designed to not show a pint of blood so unless people are swinging their cock and balls or saying fuck t is the most probable rating

Tubie

BF4 also went 60FPS route on current-gen and isn't it prettier than Hardline?

BF4 is no where near 60FPS on 64 player conquest matches, 40 on average would be more accurate. If there's a lot of action going and depending on the map, that can make it drop into the 10s and 20s.

Wow was expecting this to be a 2016/2017 thing....maybe FFXV & KH3 just has my expectations set super low

Dice is bi-yearly. They now keep to that schedule rigidly regardless of quality. Gotta fight the never ending War with Call of Duty. All Battlefront did was replace Battlefield 5

lol people think that target footage shown at E3 was even a remote possibility for how Battlefront would look?

a lot of people are going to be disappointed if that's the case.

Majanew

Banned
BF4 is no where near 60FPS on 64 player conquest matches, 40 on average would be more accurate. If there's a lot of action going and depending on the map, that can make it drop into the 10s and 20s.

A frame-rate of 10-20 on which maps? The frame-rate hangs around 40-50fps most of the time and hits 60fps at times. The only time I've ever seen the frame-rate take a big nosedive was back when the sides of the hotel would come crashing down on Hainan Resort.

A frame-rate of 10-20 on which maps? The frame-rate hangs around 40-50fps most of the time and hits 60fps at times. The only time I've ever seen the frame-rate take a big nosedive was back when the sides of the hotel would come crashing down on Hainan Resort.

That is literally it. People like to exaggerate. Only a handful of maps have bad frame drops, Lancang Dam for one. Most maps the framerate will stay between 50 and 60.

Is it wrong of me to hope this game gets delayed even though I haven't really seen any meaningful gameplay yet? I just don't trust the developer to release a game this Christmas that is both free of major issues and has a satisfactory amount of content.

a916

Is it wrong of me to hope this game gets delayed even though I haven't really seen any meaningful gameplay yet? I just don't trust the developer to release a game this Christmas that is both free of major issues and has a satisfactory amount of content.

That's a strange thing to want... is this because they haven't showed off anything of consequence yet?

That's a strange thing to want... is this because they haven't showed off anything of consequence yet?

Considering DICE's track record (especially recently), it's a perfectly reasonable thing to hope for. Doesn't mean it's going to happen though.

Top Bottom