• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Kinect - New gameplay footage

Mzo

I hated Terminal Reality for screwing up the Ghostbusters patch and treating their community like crap. I cursed their name and said their next game would be garbage.

Now I feel guilty; no one deserves this.

Barrett2

That girl looks like she was plucked directly from that 'Friday' music video.

-- Jesus Christ, beaten to the punch on that joke on previous page!! Great minds...

It's one of those videos where you watch it and then instantly run to read the GAF thread in glee. This thread will just keep giving, I'd imagine.

I think it's sad that they had to resort to putting a dancing mode into the game, it basically implies that they weren't able to come up with enough non-dancing content that they were satisfied with (and the standards don't exactly look high to begin with). Dancing games are the easy way out when it comes to Kinect development, it seems.

dankir

SuperÑ;35741416 said:
lol-o.gif

Unbelievable.

There are no words to describe how awesomely terrible this is. The "Dance Mode" nearly caused my to spit my coffee out all over my monitor.

Just amazing.

cacildo

Remember when this game was revealed at a Cirque du Solei thing and Kotaku said something like "oh my god its the best game ever made im crying here"?

I can't believe this shit. The worst part is it will sell because parents will see the cover and buy it for their kids. Holy fucking god.

Can Microsoft not find anyone to use the kinect well? Are the hardware limitations really holding it back? Honestly I use my kinect for mostly the voice control items.

Goldmund

It's when you have to elaborately point at the bulge in your cheek (the former resulting from your tongue being pressed firmly against the latter) when you should opt for undeserved gravity instead.

I actually think the special edition Star Wars 360 is sort of cool, but since it comes with this pile of garbage I wouldn't even consider getting it.

You know, maybe MS wanted this to be so bad its awesome.

It has all of us laughing hysterically. Maybe that's the point. There's no legitimate reason for creating this otherwise.

EGM1966

Sorry to be negative - but I simply loathe everything this title stands for in today's market.

Take a formerly cherished and golden IP and by dint of money use it in the most awful way possible. Kinect is a terrible control choice for a Star Wars game. The tone of this title is terrible for a Star Wars game. At least based on what's been released so far.

Do not want at all. The horrible thing is there will be enough uptake for this that'll outsell a number of games that are genuinely good.

I'm not a huge fan of Star Wars but this is just terrible. All I see is MS sitting and thinking what IP could we fund and put on Kinect that's popular in US? Star Wars! Does it work well? Who cares!

Still, at least Tim Schafer's showing how you make a title for Kinect that makes sense. I'll buy that instead. I'll always owe him support for Grim Fandango.

Holy shit. I'm not mad - Stars Wars reached irrelevancy with me a while ago.

So anyway I showed my girlfriend the footage, and she laughed and said we are so getting that now.

Top Bottom