• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Kinect - New gameplay footage

ksimm

lolwars... so bad.

q6J55.gif

Derrick01

Banned
Has motion control gaming brought anything revolutionary to the table this generation?
It really isn't the future of gaming.

No.

Unfortunately that doesn't mean it's not the future of gaming. I can only hope almost all developers resist this shit like they resisted the Wii.

UrbanRats

So, since dance central did well on Kinect, i'm guessing this dance mode is a fail safe, in case the rest of the game disappoints.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
LOL at the "Tusken Raider" dance move.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Pod Racing looked kind of cool. Reminded me a lot of the arcade version of the game.

The rest was awful though, especially the lightsaber fight.

KuGsj.gif
@ Empire Today

Has motion control gaming brought anything revolutionary to the table this generation?

Pointer controls.

And yes, it is. Whether anyone likes it or not. Until it stops selling.

No.

Unfortunately that doesn't mean it's not the future of gaming. I can only hope almost all developers resist this shit like they resisted the Wii.

Is that what they were doing? Fighting the good fight?

That's partly because every developer has tried their hardest to either use it appeal to a common denominator or to not use it at all.

I personally think that something like IR aiming is really, really awesome. And I would not have minded subtler handling of accelerometers and gyros. Play the game normally, but your stance with the controller affects your character's posture and/or fighting style. Tend to hold the controller in a rigid fashion normally? The game grows your character in a more strength-based and harder to take down fashion. Tend to move around a lot while playing? Your character gradually becomes more dextrous and jumps/dodges higher/better. Just an example, but I think that would have been pretty fun and not too difficult to implement. It's probably better than "You have 500 new XP, select stats to pour them into".

There's probably a lot of interesting things that can be done, but it just needs to be treated as yet another tool instead of CENTRAL POINT OF EVERYTHING YOU DO IN THE GAME.

That said, I've seen a lot worse than this game. I suspect that the lightsaber stuff would actually be cool were there not an insane lag involved between your motions and the on-screen character's actions.

border

So everyone is agreed that Star Wars Kinect is now completely unsalvageable?

Remember to cancel preorders on that $450 R2D2 Xbox :p

gogojira

Youtube blocked at work, but I seriously thought that Stormtrooper gif had to be a joke -- even for as bad as that game looks. I'm getting the distinct impressions it's not a bad joke.

Grumbul

This entire thread and that video have had me in stitches.

Quite simply the funniest thread and OP I have ever seen in a long, long time.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Is that why they delayed it? To add the dance portion to the game that may actually work as advertised but nobody really wanted?

nasos_333

I decided to buy this game afterall, for the dance section, i mean not all the comedies in the world cant replace the laughs after watching it

I guess that was the purpose of the developers as well

Madridy

holy shit hahahahahaha!

This can't be real!! @ dancing

I'm can't stop laughing out loud and my sister is giving weird looks lol!

Top Bottom