• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void |OT| My Life For Aiur

Aaron

Great comeback by Byun in game two. I keep missing these series being on such odd hours. At least I'm catching the finals.

Coxy100

Banned
Finally got to the last mission on the epilogue campaign last night - started playing a couple of weeks back. I'm not an expert playing whatsoever but generally found the 'hard' difficulty to be fine. That was until the terran mission in the epilogue - apparently I'm not suited to terrans! Had to do that on normal.

Had great fun, but I wish it was simply human vs zerg vs protoss stuff like the original. Not fond on this xel naga rubbish

was awesome seeing Felix again though :)

Syf

Banned
Happy DRG and Taeja (!!!) made it. Too bad about Inno, will have to watch that match later. Good mix of races for Code S at least.

Happy DRG and Taeja (!!!) made it. Too bad about Inno, will have to watch that match later. Good mix of races for Code S at least.

Very happy drg isn't gone yet and happy that taeja is apparently playing well again.

Any word from blizzard about replays for gsl? Was that code s only?

Syf

Banned
I *think* Code A replays are included when they release the whole WCS pack but not totally sure, would have to be home to check.

Syf

Banned
Alright yeah Code A replays were included in WCS 2015 season 3 so should be included when that wraps up as long as they're doing it the same this year.

Syf

Banned
Apparently GSL viewership is way up so far versus last year. Great to see. Maybe it'll end up being a good year after all.

Looking over who made Code S, it looks like Zerg had the least change from HotS's last couple seasons. Outside of Life for obvious reasons, the only other top Zerg that didn't make it to Code S was Byul. Protoss is pretty similar but I'm really sad that sOs didn't make it. Protoss has a few interesting OG players that it would be cool to see a resurgence. Terran has the most (only?) new blood of the 3 races. There were a bunch of retirements for Terran so there was likely going to be some new players but it's still nice to see. Sucks that Maru didn't make it but he had a brutal match up in Code A.

FluxWaveZ

Any other Zerg players tried constantly early baneling busting Terrans? I've noticed that Terrans in LotV will ALWAYS try to quickly tech up to crap, starting with their signature reaper to mess with us. They'll then either go for their nifty new planes, for the invisible planes, or for other crap that shoots flames.

So (against high Diamond/Master players, for reference) I will win literally 90% of the time in a ZvT if I quickly go for speedlings and banelings, because they were too busy going for tech and were too overconfident to scout or work on defense. I don't like relying on a single trick, but it works so consistently and I also hate dealing with their garbage robots.

onanie

Just watching this game. I just don't understand Blizzard. Protoss is such bullshit.

Just got back into this game with the latest expansion. Do you mean Protoss is shit online as always, or they are OP?

Wondering if I should start to git gud with Zerg or Terran instead.

Since LotV dropped I finished the campaign and never touched multiplayer again.
Maybe it's because my time watching GSL/Tournaments dropped to 0 because of time constrains, but I just have no idea how to tackle this game anymore and can't be bothered to learn completely new timings. Sad considering I played round about 4000 ranked matches since WoL.

Just got back into this game with the latest expansion. Do you mean Protoss is shit online as always, or they are OP?

Wondering if I should start to git gud with Zerg or Terran instead.

Neogaf has a very strong Terran presence and in general hates protoss because of how many 1 base/2 base all-ins there were for Protoss before LotV. That said, Adepts and the Mothership Core changes in LotV were a bit ridiculous until they got nerfed recently.

Neogaf has a very strong Terran presence and in general hates protoss because of how many 1 base/2 base all-ins there were for Protoss before LotV. That said, Adepts and the Mothership Core changes in LotV were a bit ridiculous until they got nerfed recently.

I can't stand Protoss because 1) I'm Terran & 2) If you look at the amount of #1 and #2 placements for the last like 2 years it's very heavily favorred in Protoss (I understand Terran had a huge streak especially in Korea at the start of WoL, I don't want the game to be favored towards any race). And yes as you said, it became even more in the beta when adepts were completely broken and the mother ship core is annoying and it's nerf was well deserved.

I think Terran can be the best race, the problem is you need to be a micro god to get there, you have to play out of your mind to achieve it.

Really good games going on so far in the WCS challenger today so far. Marinelord is playing REALLY well.

Snute vs Happy now, GO SNUTE!

Syf

Banned
I've hated Protoss since HotS, when they got that terrible bundle of bad RTS mechanics known as the mothership core.

I've hated Protoss since HotS, when they got that terrible bundle of bad RTS mechanics known as the mothership core.

Agree on this, I dislike what it offers in regular games but mostly when watching pro games. "I'll knock on your front door and defend your drop with ease"

How has viewership been for tournaments since LOTV? Honestly due to time constraints I haven't been able to watch SC2 basically since the expansion.

Not sure. IEM Taipei was pretty quiet this year because of how few people were in it. Plus last year had Maru vs Life in the finals so it might have done better then.

Personally instead of watching the first hourish of GSL before going to bed I've just been watching the VoD's when I wake up (thank you Afreeca).

Syf

Banned
Holy shit they're actually considering buffing siege tank damage. What an incredible idea DK, we've only been asking for a siege tank buff for a few years.

Karl2177

I have no idea if Corran goes by Corran on battle net, but I just played with a Corran on a co-op mission. GGs if it was the same one as here, GGs if it wasn't.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Ry4pCRX.jpg

2baJ64z.jpg

Syf

Banned
Yeah it's been a while. And, keep in mind that the winner of this gets a seed right into the global playoffs. Should be a good weekend.

Top Bottom