• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void |OT| My Life For Aiur

Balance update.

Basically, they have no idea what they're doing. For the last 6 weeks they've been thinking about how to nerf Zerg early game against Protoss, but now they're apparently too weak and they're trying to figure out how to buff Zerg in ZvP. Part of the issue is most Zerg going too heavy into Lurkers immediately and having no meat in their army, but the other issue is it's too expensive to get any other tech units without a massive economy. Vipers are great to have with a Lurker heavy army but it costs way too much gas between their cost and needing Hive. Same thing with Infestor's, except they barely help against mass Immortal. Immortal/High Templar destroys anything Zerg can do on the ground right now. My suggestion is to increase the gas cost of Immortals by 25. Make it harder for Protoss to invest in Immortal's and High Templar at the same time.

Mech upgrades are still coming at a snail's pace. The Liberator change should stay but what they're trying with Thor's is stupid. A single target air attack would be useless unless it had Tempest range. They should just make its +light damage its normal damage. They should also increase their ground attack range slightly.

phoenixyz

Basically, they have no idea what they're doing. For the last 6 weeks they've been thinking about how to nerf Zerg early game against Protoss, but now they're apparently too weak and they're trying to figure out how to buff Zerg in ZvP. Part of the issue is most Zerg going too heavy into Lurkers immediately and having no meat in their army, but the other issue is it's too expensive to get any other tech units without a massive economy. Vipers are great to have with a Lurker heavy army but it costs way too much gas between their cost and needing Hive. Same thing with Infestor's, except they barely help against mass Immortal. Immortal/High Templar destroys anything Zerg can do on the ground right now. My suggestion is to increase the gas cost of Immortals by 25. Make it harder for Protoss to invest in Immortal's and High Templar at the same time.

Really? Nerf Protoss? Nobody expects Terrans (nerf adepts!) or Zerg (nerf immos!) to improve their strategies. But if Protoss has problems with both the amount of players (look at the lower leagues, Protoss playerbase is down so much since LotV) and winrates, nobody cares: "Let's wait for the meta to evolve."

Mr Swine

Banned
Oh god, so blizzard is going to kill Terran air by nerfing Liberators AtA damage from full damage to + light? So that means that Liberators are totally worthless against Corruptors, Carriers, BattleCruisers, Voidrays and Vikings? Even worse than Vikings since they have range 5 vs range 9, and Vikings are worthless against most air units too :/

I would rather see a + armored damage fix instead of + light so...

7 x 2

To:

3 x 2 + 5 armored.

That way Mutas and Phoenixes can counter liberators better

The baneling drops in this series were very effective.

Best of 7 from 2016 StarLeague S1 Finals - Caster: Wolf & Brendan - Posted on: Apr 10, 2016

http://sc2casts.com/cast19363-Stats-vs-SKT.Dark-Best-of-7-2016-StarLeague-S1-Finals

They were really effective the first 2 games but not so much after that. The problem was Stats was stubborn and kept going into double Immortal production in midgame which let Dark freely macro up since he couldn't afford any other tech units that'd counter mass Ling/Baneling.

Wedge7

Anyone been watching the GSL lately?

Matches have been pretty big stomps, and the finals is Zest VS TY. Each of them went 4-0 I believe, leading up to the finals. Should be pretty exciting, as each guy looked very dominant in the matches.

I think the finals is on May 1st, this weekend, so it should be pretty exciting hopefully.

Anyone been watching the GSL lately?

Matches have been pretty big stomps, and the finals is Zest VS TY. Each of them went 4-0 I believe, leading up to the finals. Should be pretty exciting, as each guy looked very dominant in the matches.

I think the finals is on May 1st, this weekend, so it should be pretty exciting hopefully.

I have. Both Cure and Dear looked way outclassed. This season has been crazy. It's even crazier that Bbyong didn't play in the round of 32 because he got caught match fixing too.

Mr Swine

Banned
New Balance update Protoss buff and Terran nerds :(

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/20743694752

We will be releasing a balance update this coming Tuesday, May 3rd. You will find the changes below:

Protoss

Photon Cannon
Anti-air damage increased from 20 to 20 (+10 bio)

Terran

Thor
Anti-air attack changed from splash to single-target
Damage changed to 35 (+15 armored) every 2.14 seconds
Only one hit per attack
Liberator
Anti-air damage changed to 4 (+3 light)

Zerg

Swarm Host
Cost reduced from 200/100 to 150/75
Supply cost increased from 3 to 4

Damnit final is starting 2 hours later than they normally do. We'll try to stay up and watch it all but otherwise will just watch VoD's when I wake up.

Great game 1.

Edit: 10 minute ad break after the first game doesn't help this get more viewers.

Edit 2: Yeah, I'm going to bed. Will just watch VoD's when I wake up when I can skip over all of this.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Wow this games isn't complete shit. It's almost as if once ppl had to play better the matches are good
jk protoss

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
This is interesting to watch since I don't have much knowledge of sc2 multiplayer anymore. It's fun.

Glad to see protoss still boss mode.

Just watched the VoD's of the rest of the series. TY was weird with his builds. He either went really early 3rd CC or really late 3rd CC, nothing in between. He kept switching between them while Zest opened basically the same every game. Zest must have gotten into his head before the series started which is why he kept trying different openers. Zest really did nothing that he hasn't already done a ton this season. TY felt like he couldn't outmacro Zest late and tried to get an advantage in the early game.

Pooya

Sounds like they are bringing tavern brawls to StarCraft lol.

HS has brawls, Overwatch has brawls and now SC. Weekly modes are fun and successful I guess. Even free users can play these.

edit: the commanders are sorted in two rows in the screenshots, I guess a new commander is coming soon too.

edit2: Actually I'm blind. Abathur portrait is in there. yay new stuff.

My guess on Abathur's play style is it focuses on ranged units (mainly Roaches). No Spawning Pool at all. You open with a Roach Warren instead and Roaches don't cost gas. Hydra's get the same upgrades as Kerrigan's and morph into the other kind of Lurker's from HotS's campaign. He gets Infestor's and Infested Marines get weapon and armor upgrades like WoL. He gets Mutalisk's as well which can morph into Viper's, who can also attack like HotS's campaign.

Pooya

nice, odd that hots didn't get emotes. they just had to copy paste them over :p

it also confirms Abathur DLC that comes with its own set of emoticons, Nova ops have emotes too. So I guess this is Blizzard's plan for continuing developing SCII. Buying a commander might not feel very good on its own, but here you have cosmetics to go with it, probably comes with unit skins and maybe even voice packs they mentioned at Blizzcon. That package might be worthwhile to get unlike just a single commander for a mode you might not even play often.

They probably should add a in game shop sooner than later, having all these 'buy' buttons all over the game wouldn't look very good. lol

Syf

Banned
lol yeah they'll have to add it to the UI. I'm happy to see new stuff even if it's just small stuff like this

syyGChX.png
Eu96RH1.png

oh jeez, 3.3 needs to be here now

Syf

Banned
can they maybe do a double elimination bracket last minute? they did that with SSL didn't they?
Would be nice. Like they've got to recognize it's a problem that both of these players could make the final but one is about to be knocked out in Code A

Top Bottom