• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State of Decay: Year One Survival Edition Releases on April 28th

The Flash

Banned
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/20/state-of-decay-year-one-survival-edition-release-date-announced

Release Date: April 28th (digital & retail)
Price: $29.99
Owners of the Xbox 360 version get a 33% discount bringing the price down $19.99. Current owners will also get an exclusive playable character.

The Xbox One version of the game bundles in the Breakdown and Lifeline expansions as well as every patch. It also features a handful of new vehicles, weapons, mission types, and various graphical touch-ups.

Improvements over the Xbox 360 version: These were mentioned in IGN's video interview with Undead Labs CEO Jeff Strain.
  • Improved shadows
  • Up res'd textures
  • Increased draw distance
  • New ground effects like fog
  • Improved animations
  • Improved UI
  • 500 to 700 "polish elements"

No information about a Steam version

Krakn3Dfx

Any benefit to having this if I have it on the PC already? Already own all the DLC.

Great game, but if it's the same content, I'll probably just skip it.

Grisby

I am an owner of the 360 version. Good thing too as $30 sounds a little high. It is a game with a lot of potential replay value though.

I'm ready for Marcus to get ripped in half yet once again. :(

Never finished this one. Got my base to some empty warehouse thing then just sort of stopped playing. Breakdown is just like some sort of sandbox mode right? Not a new campaign/area? How is Lifeline?

Mufc1427

I didn't buy the 360 version because it was to rough from a technical perspective, but I did like what I played from the demo. I think I'm gonna buy it this time around.

So this is for a physical release of the game on 360 or Xbox One? The context is a little misleading. Do they both release on the 28th or does the Xbox One version release at a later date? I have the game and DLCs on Xbox 360 and PC already, I want it for the Xbox One.

I never played this last gen...was reading on the premise and it sounds really fun and interesting. I may have to pick it up...

I own the 360 version, but unsure what to think of this version. Will have to wait and see, I guess, for any improvements to the Xbox One version.

Naminator

Banned
Will it have that absurd black crush like there is on the PC version?

I swear to God I was so happy when I bought that game because I loved it on the 360, but the ridiculous black crush/contrast/shadows/what-ever-the-fuck-it-is ruined the game for me, I just couldn't play it.

has it got coop, multiplayer or something like that? :S

The 360/PC versions was supposed to after launch. The promised for a long time that SoD would get coop. I sold this game to several friends on the prospect of coop. Then months after release, they said no. They said it would take too much engine work, and would be more feasible to do a sequel.

Mufc1427

Any word on any remastering for this? I skimmed through the article but didn't see anything. Was hoping for a framerate and res bump.
They mentioned that the Xbox One version is 1080p when it was announced, but they didn't say anything about the framerate. Probably 30 fps though.

jond76

Banned
So will framerate and all those other problems that were on the 360 be fixed? If so I'll be buying.

So this is for a physical release of the game on 360 or Xbox One? The context is a little misleading. Do they both release on the 28th or does the Xbox One version release at a later date? I have the game and DLCs on Xbox 360 and PC already, I want it for the Xbox One.

Any word on any remastering for this? I skimmed through the article but didn't see anything. Was hoping for a framerate and res bump.

In the video he states its digital and physical release on the 28th. Sound like physical is X1 only.

Also said that almost all animations were redone, everything is higher rez, new effects like fog (which look great in the video). No mention of P's or framerate. Looks like a worthwhile upgrade.

They also went over the menu system that was cleaned up, diaries and all that.

Flawed but great game. Will the improved animations and stuff be patched into the PC version? And will they fix those fucking awful screen settings that have to be resolved with sweetfx? The black crush is goddamn disgusting.

shandy706

This will be the 3rd time I buy this game.

Just mentioned in another thread that I can't wait for the next State of Decay. This should help hold us over. I hope we see what's next at E3!

Hands down my favorite Zombie survival game in what has become a crowded genre.

Grisby

I never played this last gen...was reading on the premise and it sounds really fun and interesting. I may have to pick it up...
I've played a lot of zombie games and this is definitely one of the best.

It can get generally terrifying when you're close to losing a character permanently. 10 or so zombies become a threat.

Granted, it gets a lot easier pretty quickly but I never got tired of the sim aspect of it. Watching your base and community grow is super satisfying. In a strange way, you get tied to your favorite survivors in a way that no story could really achieve.

Bessy67

I bought the 360 version but it just kind of sat on my backlog. I'll gladly try out the remastered version for $20. Would have been nice if it came before all the games just announced for March though...

Day 1...but why is it $30...thats a little high...

Because they put a ton of effort into making it a bigger/better game, I for one welcome our improved port at a slightly higher price. It includes both DLCs, all patches and other upgrades on top, it is well worth it.

Alchemy

Miiiiight get it, but I'm not sold. The game was janky as fuck when I played it on the 360, wouold be nice to play a solid version of the game but I don't know if I want to double dip.

Absolutely loved this when it came out and made me re-buy a 360 just for it. Which was then sold again as soon as I finished.

Zero desire to play it again though DLC or no DLC.

Those that haven't tried it yet though. Do it!

The 360/PC versions was supposed to after launch. The promised for a long time that SoD would get coop. I sold this game to several friends on the prospect of coop. Then months after release, they said no. They said it would take too much engine work, and would be more feasible to do a sequel.

No it wasnt. They said they were looking into it as an addition after launch, they didnt "promise" it.

They've only promised it for the sequel.

Faustus

Banned
No information about a Steam version

75483-Jim-Carrey-OH-COME-ON-gif-ZK0t.gif

I'm still very interested in this after passing on it for 360 but at $30 I'll wait and see how all those fixes work out before picking it up.

Top Bottom