• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State of Decay: Year One Survival Edition Releases on April 28th

Akronis

Really hope they focus on improving performance for the PC version (assuming that's coming). Running at sub-40 FPS with a hexacore and two 780 Tis was bullshit.

Noobcraft

Even with all the frame rate problems on the 360 I really enjoyed this game. It's my personal favorite Zombie game ever.

GlamFM

Banned
Wanted to love this game, but the performance threw me of.

If this one runs fine I´ll bite (again)

x-Lundz-x

Never seen any footage of this game until today, and did not even realize it had released last year.

Will definitely be getting it for XB1, it looks great.

GHG

Will definitely be getting this. Never played the 1st and it looked like it was a blast.

Tengrave

Tripple dipping on this one. The Breakdown DLC is awesome. No hand holding and being left to your own demise is great in this game.

RoKKeR

Skipped this the first time around but will definitely pick it up in April, looks like a solid remaster.

XBO's lineup of small-medium sized titles this spring actually has me pretty excited.

AndyBNV

Nvidia
Steam version is mentioned in the official fact sheet:

“State of Decay: Year-One Survival Edition”
Fact Sheet
January 2015

Title: “State of Decay: Year-One Survival Edition”

Publisher: Microsoft Studios

Developer: Undead Labs

Format: Xbox One (Retail and Digital) and PC (Steam)

Rating: Anticipated ESRB “M-Rating”; PEGI 18+

Price: $29.99; ₤19.99; €29.99

Availability: April 28, 2015 – North America
May 1, 2015 – Worldwide

Product Overview:
Make your stand against the collapse of society in the ultimate zombie survival-fantasy game. Explore an open world full of dangers and opportunities that respond to your every decision. Recruit a community of playable survivors, each with their own unique skills and talents. Design and fortify your base against the relentless hordes of the undead. Perform daring raids for food and ammunition, and do whatever it takes to live another day. “State of Decay: Year-One Survival Edition” brings the hit zombie-survival-fantasy franchise to Xbox One and Steam, delivered in beautifully remastered 1080p.

Features:
Upgrade plan for Xbox 360 “State of Decay” owners
“State of Decay” Xbox 360 owners will receive a 33 percent discount on “State of Decay: Year-One Survival Edition.” The discount will end June 30, 2015. To qualify for the discount, players must have purchased the base game, “State of Decay,” and have the same active Xbox Live account when “State of Decay: Year-One Survival Edition” becomes available for purchase on Xbox One.

An exclusive new character for all “State of Decay” owners
Gurubani Kaur used to be a wild child in college, but the outbreak sparked a return to the faith of her youth. She was born in Punjab, but moved to America before she learned to talk. Her weapon of choice is an old Indian cavalry sword that her father kept as an antique.
To acquire Gurubani, players must have purchased the base game, “State of Decay,” and have the same active Xbox Live account when “State of Decay: Year-One Survival Edition” becomes available for purchase on Xbox One.

All ‘first-year’ content completely remastered
The original “State of Decay,” along with major add-ons “Breakdown” and “Lifeline,” is fully-remastered in stunning 1080p. Improved lighting, textures, and shadows bring the faded beauty of Trumbull Valley and the ravaged city of Danforth to life like never before. Animations and combat mechanics are completely over-hauled to add a new level of intensity and action. Hundreds of a smaller improvements to core game systems make “State of Decay: Year-One Edition” a must-have.

Xbox One additions
New Achievements
1500 Gamer Score
Community Challenges and Rewards
Individual Rewards
Game DVR

New mission type
Mysterious supply crates start dropping into remote areas across the map, attracting massive hordes of zombies. Wipe out the infestation and you can grab some of the rarest and most powerful equipment seen in “State of Decay.”

New vehicles: SUV…and more
The new SUV sets a new standard for durability, and it doesn't end there — over 25 new vehicle skins are distributed across all maps.

Unlocking heroes: lifeline roster
Your favorite characters from “Lifeline” can now be unlocked in “Breakdown” with a new set of Challenges. Hop into the familiar boots of Hawkes, Kilo, and Vince ... or take control of the previously unplayable Kelly “Sasquatch” Eldridge.

New weapons: under-barrel attachments and incendiary ammo
Now if you find the right weapons, you can switch to an under-barrel grenade launcher or your assault rifle... or load incendiary ammunition into any shotgun, and take out crowds of zombies without even switching weapons.

New music
Featuring 30 minutes of intense new music from award winning composer Jesper Kyd.

Community improvements
The facility actions from “Lifeline” now show up in every version of the game, including ammo-refilling and snack-making at your base. NPC Enclaves are also getting a makeover, making it easier to trade and build trust with them.

About the “State of Decay” Franchise
“State of Decay” is an ambitious zombie-survival fantasy franchise that offers a unique blend of open-world action, strategy and role-playing. Developed by Undead Labs and published by Microsoft Studios. One week after its launch on Xbox 360 in June 2013, “State of Decay” became the fastest-selling original game ever on Xbox Live Arcade, selling over half a million paid downloads. The franchise has sold over two million paid downloads to date between Xbox 360 and Steam.

Big fan of the game, looking forward to it.

Leflus

No mention of the framerate yet?

Will probably buy it for the XBO. I own the 360 version, but I haven't played it yet.

madmook

Lookin' pretty good in that IGN video. Though I noticed the framerate isn't 100% smooth and the gun-aiming is still a bit jerky, so hope they can smooth both out by release. The improved graphics are nice.

Jrs3000

They will never do coop for this version of the game. I would buy a plane ticket to fly out and beat someone's ass if they got one of my favorite characters killed.

This is one of the games I really do care about perma death and play cautiously as the black guy that will survive it all lol. I understand your feelings. I can imagine doing a supply run then the horde stumbles by the house you're in, your coop bud is a idiot and shoots at them so they swarm the house while he runs out back not telling you what's going on lol. Still coop in sandbox sounds do able and would make some fun.

Rockyrock

eh was hoping it wouldnt be more than $15 with the discount.

Game was fun but kind of short and no co-op. Hope the DLC adds a bit of longevity to the game.

Yeah, it definitely looks nicer, and the discount for X360 purchase is nice, too (though it should be a deeper one for those who bought both DLC packs in addition, IMO), but I'm really disappointed in the lack of co-op confirmation after all of this time. Guessing it will be a sequel-only feature, unless this new edition of the game gets it later on. Tempted to triple-dip on the X1 or new Steam edition, but will wait to see just how much better it is upon release.

Some gameplay from recent version.

http://youtu.be/MMZy2KBQs3U

Yeah, they talk about new hand to hand combat with a knife in the IGN video. The fog looks really good too.

Here's a youtube link for it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAbQu-OBo_I

Don't have time to watch both, the the first video looks damn good. Seems they have nailed down the frame-rate and that new hand to hand combat.

Oh my.

Will watch the developer commentary on my way to work...

No mention of the framerate yet?

Will probably buy it for the XBO. I own the 360 version, but I haven't played it yet.

The original game is pretty rocky in performance. It runs like shit on the 360 with a lot of pop in and just general sluggishness, and I can't get 60fps at max settings on my 780. I wouldn't expect anything more than 30fps from the One.

There's a great ~50 minute interview with Undead labs CEO Jeff Strain on this weeks Podcast Unlocked (Episode 179). They talk about State of Decay, and other things Jeff has done in the past (Blizzard, ArenaNet).

Finally got around to watching the IGN footage.

Goddamn, the game looks incredible. Frame-rate looks stable for the most and the visuals look so much better than the 360, not to mention all the added effects. The fog looks fantastic and will make for some very tense early morning/late evening moments when you're out alone...

Just imagine a dozen red eyes slowly shuffling out of the fog in the dead of night. Oh my god.

That tow truck is hilarious.

Top Bottom