• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State of Decay: Year One Survival Edition Releases on April 28th

Yeah, they talk about new hand to hand combat with a knife in the IGN video. The fog looks really good too.

Here's a youtube link for it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAbQu-OBo_I

I loved how the developer commentary totally ignored the PC version. It sold a lot on Steam as well. Depending on price, I might get this on Steam. I might just wait for a sale since already own the original with DLC. It will really depend on how much the combat mechanics have improved and how good the new weapons and vehicles are. I also don't remember the original having dodge animations.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Despite the hitches, this was my GOTY.

100% the main game, then I got caught up in my huge backlog. As a matter of fact, I have yet to beat the DLC that I have sitting there waiting on me as well due to lack of time.

I saw a Shacknews video I believe on this a couple days ago, and the improvement look and sound so good. People who haven't tried this game yet owe it to themselves to play it, it's definitely my favorite game with zombies out there.

You can choose where and the way you live even though there actually is a story, your characters actually do take fatigue & getting hurt as a real factor (being out for 24 hours, fighting zombies nonstop for example tires your character out so much that they have to go back to base to rest so you have to choose another one). If your character dies, they're dead permanently so there actually is a true sense of fear and survival factor in the game, it continues to be active while the game is off, you can level up characters in unique ways - and so many other things about it that you'd have to play to experience. It is not just simply an open-world zombie game.

Best part is besides supporting Undead Labs by getting the game again, you can and will have a completely different experience in your second playthough than you did the first time.

Gonna check out those other two videos posted.

They will never do coop for this version of the game. I would buy a plane ticket to fly out and beat someone's ass if they got one of my favorite characters killed.

That's not the reason why State of Decay doesn't have co-op, but funny enough I never thought about that. I'd probably want to suplex anyone that got my Marcus killed - he's one of the characters I maxed out and damn I clear hordes with him.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I loved how the developer commentary totally ignored the PC version. It sold a lot on Steam as well. Depending on price, I might get this on Steam. I might just wait for a sale since already own the original with DLC. It will really depend on how much the combat mechanics have improved and how good the new weapons and vehicles are. I also don't remember the original having dodge animations.

I guess IGN only asked XB1-related questions, but Undead Labs stated on their blog that they're in talks with Steam to give people the same 33% discount there as well too.

And I'd imagine everything in the XB1 version will be in the Steam version too on top of that.

Top Bottom