• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Daily: The Secret World, 50% off
Weekend deal: Streetfighter x Tekken, 66% off (no error this time)
Free weekend: Dead Island Riptide, 66% off

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Game was on Steam but got pulled.

The game is these days self-published on GOG by Quantic, so my guess is that it's not on Steam because Atari has asserted that it still has distribution rights since it was publishing the game prior to being yanked.

derExperte

Shadow Warrior is decrypting.

Say what you will about GFWL, at least I didn't have to beg people to gift me a game because the game isn't available in my region, I'd go to the website and buy it no problem.

? Some games aren't available here through the GFWL shop.

Grief.exe

Say what you will about GFWL, at least I didn't have to beg people to gift me a game because the game isn't available in my region, I'd go to the website and buy it no problem.

Can you elaborate a little more. Not really following your intent here.

Shadow Warrior is decrypting.

derExperte is in for some awesomeness.

Is SFxT worth 9,52€?

That sounds pretty expensive.

I believe Nabs was saying it was a good pick up though.

Nabs

That sounds pretty expensive.

I believe Nabs was saying it was a good pick up though.

For 4 dollars. It's a good game but you're better off skipping if you're not into fighters.

Valve can't risk another Dirt 2. Blame Microsoft.

Grief.exe

I hate I can't buy GFWL games on steam, I'm just raging, leave me alone :(

From the sentence structure, it was hard to ascertain your exact meaning in that post.

I actually thought you liked GFWL for a second there, you almost had 3 strange posts in a row!

Don't worry though, everyone hates GFWL around here.

Knurek

Escape Goat Steam keys available for Indie Royale June Bug bundle buyers. Game's not out yet, so you can only register the code, not download it.

def sim

I can't imagine Riptide being too long, I doubt anyone who plays it for free in the next few days will want to buy it. I can't complain about free, I suppose.

Turfster

Ooooh, SFxT has cards now.
Also, Steam keeps telling me "Your game has been updated" for Surgeon Simulator. I don't have Surgeon Simulator.
Wonder when Dysfunctional Systems keys will be added to the Groupees doujin bundle. Checked the site and it had a "key when it's greenlit" icon, so yay.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Okay, a thank you to whomever suggested Ittle Dew. Definitely scratching that "charming Zelda like" itch I've had.

Guys. You guys. I got tomorrow's announcement figured out.

The icon is
O+O

The letter O is the 15th letter in the alphabet, so it can be interpreted as this
15+15 = 30

3rd announcement, 3rd icon, the digit 3... clearly the announcement has to do with 3. Maybe the 3rd iteration of something?

And now we're left with the digit 0. Hey wait a minute. That looks a little familiar. Where have we seen something resembling a 0 before?

Portal_logo.png

PORTAL 3 #believe

Nabs

Ooooh, SFxT has cards now.
Also, Steam keeps telling me "Your game has been updated" for Surgeon Simulator. I don't have Surgeon Simulator.
Wonder when Dysfunctional Systems keys will be added to the Groupees doujin bundle (if ever)

Capcom is so weird.

derExperte

Escape Goat Steam keys available for Indie Royale June Bug bundle buyers. Game's not out yet, so you can only register the code, not download it.

Thanks.

I can't imagine Riptide being too long, I doubt anyone who plays it for free in the next few days will want to buy it. I can't complain about free, I suppose.

I liked the first 10 hrs of DI and Riptide for free? Sure, why n....Oops, sorry! An error was encountered while processing your request: This item is currently unavailable in your region

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Is SFxT worth 9,52€?

No, and with nothing known about Capcom's plans with GfWL shutdown: HELL NO.

The only known thing for them and GfWL is that Ultra SSF4 is getting ported to Steamworks. Nothing else about their other GfWL titles.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll have two Desura keys to hand out once there's confirmation that it's offering Steam keys to existing owners (or two Steam keys to give away if they're to be added to the Indie Gala Weekly #1 and Green Light Bundle #4 bundles).

def sim

I liked the first 10 hrs of DI and Riptide for free? Sure, why n....Oops, sorry! An error was encountered while processing your request: This item is currently unavailable in your region

Aw that's a shame. I expect more from Valve and Steam when it comes to region locking.

Since it's been discussed a bit, Rise of the Triad is alright. I like what I've played of it, just not enough to really sit down and beat it. Haven't had any issues playing it but then I've only put a few hours into the campaign and have played the game entirely offline (too lazy and don't see the need to create an account for online). It's a throwback to older games in the genre in that its story is nonexistent, there are no cutscenes, the levels are huge sprawling affairs with plenty of secret areas to find and the gameplay, for lack of a better word, is very game-y. You're bounding through the levels on jump pads, rocket jumping, there's gibs galore, there's weapon and armor pick ups and bizarre power-ups. It seems like a genuinely decent game and not just a cynical cash-in on the retro-fps trend that's been building steam for a while (Hard Reset, Serious Sam, this and now Shadow Warrior).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom