• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Escape Goat Steam keys available for Indie Royale June Bug bundle buyers. Game's not out yet, so you can only register the code, not download it.

I could totally download it. When I click play, it just flashes 3 windows and closes. Weird.

Also, The June Bug Bundle page on Desura is telling me that Pixeljunk Eden doesn't have a PC release, even though I already registered it on my Steam account, wtf?

Almost went in on SFxT but GFWL woes and the extra $10 for the DLC is holding me back.

Also I remember when Bunny Must Die was a free game...or was it ever free? I remember having it on an older computer several years back....

batteryLeakage

Neo Member
Escape Goat Steam keys available for Indie Royale June Bug bundle buyers. Game's not out yet, so you can only register the code, not download it.
Its working for me. I can play a beta build in Linux x86_64. Not sure if all OSes/builds are working though.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll have two Desura keys to hand out once there's confirmation that it's offering Steam keys to existing owners (or two Steam keys to give away if they're to be added to the Indie Gala Weekly #1 and Green Light Bundle #4 bundles).

Desura keys are working. That is where I got mine. Instructions shamelessly stolen from the Steam Escape Goat news feed. . .

horrorshow said:
Quote from another thread:
Yeah, I got a Steam key. You can only get the key using the Desura client, currently. This is how to access it (if you got it from Indie Royale, not sure if it'll show up if you bought it directly from Desura):

1. Open the Desura client
2. Click on the blue button at the top left
3. Click on History>Gifts History
4. Click on the "your collection" link in blue
5. Click on "Keys" next to Escape Goat

^^this worked fine for me as a buyer at IndieRoyale

MagicalTimeBean said:
@horrorshow Thanks for this walkthrough, glad that works for IR buyers! I just added another 100 keys to Desura, so that should last a few more days...

So yeah 100 keys. Get them while they're hot.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Apparently an FFVII patch dropped today that increases the music fidelity.

Finding some verification right now.

Let me know - I'm playing through this now but I downloaded the audio "patch" to replace the audio files with their PS1 counterparts.

Also - any news on Final Fantasy VIII?

Dambrosi

Banned
I could totally download it. When I click play, it just flashes 3 windows and closes. Weird.

Also, The June Bug Bundle page on Desura is telling me that Pixeljunk Eden doesn't have a PC release, even though I already registered it on my Steam account, wtf?
Yeah, I noticed that. Had to go back to my Steam library and check.

Maybe they just don't have any more keys?
Wonder when Dysfunctional Systems keys will be added to the Groupees doujin bundle. Checked the site and it had a "key when it's greenlit" icon, so yay.
I'm wondering the same thing for Croixleur, I only bought the bundle for that and Cherry Tree High Comedy Club.

Grief.exe

Let me know - I'm playing through this now but I downloaded the audio "patch" to replace the audio files with their PS1 counterparts.

Also - any news on Final Fantasy VIII?

I installed the patch as well. The Mod probably still provides higher quality music than what Square replaced it with.

No new news on FFVIII

d9eefeb01fbbfbe78f63413403e4d61f2e2b08c0.ico

webrunner

looking back, the FF7 PC port had the WEIRDEST technical stuff. using soundbanks for lyrics and a specific version of the video codec (where other versions had the video upside-down) and the way the discs seemed to scratch like they were made of butter but you could make it load everything off the HD by changing the INI files

it was so freaking bizarre

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
For 4 dollars. It's a good game but you're better off skipping if you're not into fighters.

It isn't a good game, a good game is SFIVAE, SFxT is an autocombo gem boring crap and I'm being very generous.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I installed the patch as well. The Mod probably still provides higher quality music than what Square replaced it with.

No new news on FFVIII

Buying FFVIII the instant it is available. Of the PS1-era Final Fantasy games, that one was always my favorite. I know that's not popular opinion, but I thought it was great.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Duke Nukem 3D Atomic Edition is a pretty good port of the game.

So good that I can finally delete egduke (or whatever, since I can't even remember because I already deleted it), the user-made engine for modern computers to run my old copy of duke nukem 3d.

I was really impressed.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Duke Nukem 3D Atomic Edition is a pretty good port of the game.

So good that I can finally delete egduke (or whatever, since I can't even remember because I already deleted it), the user-made engine for modern computers to run my old copy of duke nukem 3d.

I was really impressed.

I just wish they would release co-op already :(

Turfster

Humble Weekly Sale:
Kalypso
Pay $1 to get a single steam key for:
  • Tropico 3 Steam Special Edition
  • Sine Mora
  • Skydrift
  • Anna Extended Edition (bullshit Kalypso account needed)
Pay $6 to unlock
  • Tropico 4 Steam Special Edition (bullshit Kalypso account needed)
  • Jagged Alliance Back in Action

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Desura keys are working. That is where I got mine. Instructions shamelessly stolen from the Steam Escape Goat news feed. . .

Oh, great, thanks. I checked the game's community hub but the latest announcement just said that Steam keys would be sent out to Desura soon. Anywho:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Escape Goat #1 (register on Desura to receive Steam key) -- MB-2D745141C4CA0925 - Taken by dave is ok
Escape Goat #2 (register on Desura to receive Steam key) -- MB-19AD844AB38B3EC6 - Taken by Nabs

As for "What is it I need to do, exactly?":
You don't need to download the Desura client to register a key: just click here, signing in if necessary, then -- after registering the key -- select the "keys" option opposite the game name to generate a Steam one.

dani_dc

That has to be the fastest weekend deal repeat ever.

Thanks, got mine, hopefully the steam version will be playable soon.
Damn the X bundle wont break 100k :(

I did my part, just got it a few minutes before ti ended.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
As for "What is it I need to do, exactly?":

Somebody posted this a couple weeks/months ago on this very thread and I'm very thankful, because now I can finally register all my Desura keys as they come out, since I don't have to open the terrible Desura client to do so. Much, much easier.

Bioshock is pretty damn great. And kinda hard too? It started working without crashing every 10 minutes after taking Steam overlay off.

Still can't beat the second boss in Rogue Legacy. Maybe tomorrow.

Don't know what to think about the Kalypso bundle. Tropico games have been in other bundles too, Sine Mora I got from PS Plus, Skydrift demo didn't seem very good and Anna hasn't gotten a lot of positive reviews.. On the other hand its 1$ and Jagged Alliance might get me buy it BTA-price. Also shame there is only one soundtrack.

Copons

Skydrift any good? Or the new JA game? Kinda wish they had some DLC with Tropico 4.

I can't believe I forgot I bought Tropico 4.

Tropico 4 is great even without additional DLCs, but if you don't plan to play it right now, I believe that during Steam Sales you could find it at less thant 6$ (at least, Summer Sale had it at 4.16€, I don't know in $ but still).

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Humble Weekly Sale:
Kalypso
  • Tropico 3 Steam Special Edition
  • Sine Mora
  • Skydrift
  • Anna Extended Edition (bullshit Kalypso account needed)
Pay $6 to unlock
  • Tropico 4 Steam Special Edition (bullshit Kalypso account needed)
  • Jagged Alliance Back in Action

I'm only missing SIne Mora, Anna (which I'll never ever ever play) and Jagged Alliance. hmmm..

Edit: Oh, this is a 6 bucks tier, not a BTA? 1 dollar it is.

Copons

Just for information, below the average is a single key.

Too bad, I planned to give Tropico 3 away, but nothing, sorry community. :(

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Just for information, below the average is a single key.

Too bad, I planned to give Tropico 3 away, but nothing, sorry community. :(

Yup, same deal here. I was gonna give Tropico 3 and SkyDrift to my cousin (which is pretty much my second Steam account now, as she only ever played Portal 2 in it to be honest), but no can do!

I really don't like the $6 tier. $5 just feels a lot better ( and BTA is the best). I don't know if I'm going to get the second tier in this bundle. I really only want tropico 4, but I want at least the modern times dlc. I'll have to see if Jagged Alliance can sway me.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
As one of the only gaffers to finish JA:BIA, I give it a thumbs up as long as you can get over the fact that it isn't turn based.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I really should take the time and see how much money I'm spending monthly in Indie Bundles.

But maybe I shouldn't...

Edit: Also, this category thing I'm using now really doesn't work. Depressurizer sounds like a good idea, but I'm afraid it'll screw up my current layout and I won't be able to save it and return to it if I don't like the new one...

Retne

Well I took a look at the weekly sale and the only game that was calling out to me was Anna. Then I clicked it and read the synopsis and at the end saw "Please note: To play Anna you must create an account with Kalypso Media." I guess I don't really want anything from this bundle.

Also thanks to those who tossed me invites. My steam feed is much more lively now.

I got Escape Goat on a Indie Gala bundle, am I out of luck? IndieGala doesn't seem like they allow people to log in to look at past purchases.

I have Escape Goat registered on Desura so I hope I can get my key through there.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I got Escape Goat on a Indie Gala bundle, am I out of luck? IndieGala doesn't seem like they allow people to log in to look at past purchases.

I have Escape Goat registered on Desura so I hope I can get my key through there.

Click on "Key Resender" on Indie Gala and you'll get an email with all your bundles. It should be there, if they get it.

Desura is getting the keys as well (The Steam key I got from Indie Royale and Desura are the same key), so you can get it there as well.

JaseC posted how to get it from Desura from the web, as opposed from inside the client.

Now I'll check if I have it on Indie Gala as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom