• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retne

I got Escape Goat on a Indie Gala bundle, am I out of luck? IndieGala doesn't seem like they allow people to log in to look at past purchases.

I have Escape Goat registered on Desura so I hope I can get my key through there.

You'll have to dig up your link to the key page you got emailed if there's an update.

Edit: Beaten with a better answer.

Nabs

Audiosurf 2 is close. I can feel it.

header.jpg

I can't wait to see what modes and mods we get from the community.

Ooooh, SFxT has cards now.
Wonder when Dysfunctional Systems keys will be added to the Groupees doujin bundle. Checked the site and it had a "key when it's greenlit" icon, so yay.
They already are available. Though, you need to register the key on Desura and connect your game from Desura to a Dischan account where a key will be waiting for you.

If that didn't make sense to you, here's something that will.

rtcn63

Got the bundle for Sine Mora. I'm terrible at shooters, so I expect to play for at most five minutes before getting peeved, and returning to my bedroom corner to rock back and forth in the fetal position.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Imagine:

Coming soon...

From the developer that brought you the first game you bought on Steam...

[Cue sizzle reel with tons of modes and shit.]

Comes the last game you'll buy on Steam.

AUDIOSURF2.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Imagine:

Coming soon...

From the developer that brought you the first game you bought on Steam...

[Cue sizzle reel with tons of modes and shit.]

Comes the last game you'll buy on Steam.

AUDIOSURF2.

But the first game i bought on Steam was Sin Episode 1....

I think the first game I bought on Steam may have been Clive Barker Presents Clive Barker's "Clive Barker's Jericho" by Clive Barker. Do I win?

Click on "Key Resender" on Indie Gala and you'll get an email with all your bundles. It should be there, if they get it.

Desura is getting the keys as well (The Steam key I got from Indie Royale and Desura are the same key), so you can get it there as well.

JaseC posted how to get it from Desura from the web, as opposed from inside the client.

Now I'll check if I have it on Indie Gala as well.

Thanks, I'll look up JaseC's post to find those instructions.

Dambrosi

Banned
Mine was Half-Life Anthology, the collector's pack which included Blue Shift and Opposing Force as separate CDs.

Lol, remember that? Using actual CDs to install your PC games, back in the day? How quaint.
Shadow warrior looks so awesome .but that price tag ... :(
I have a spare 10% off coupon for SW if you want it. Steam ID is Dambrosi, friend request me.

Tomodachi

In case anyone's interested, confirming that you only get one steam key for sine mora, skydrift, tropico 3 and anna. I suppose you only get another one for jagged alliance and tropico 4.

EDIT: apparently it was already confirmed :(

drizzle

Axel Hertz
They already are available. Though, you need to register the key on Desura and connect your game from Desura to a Dischan account where a key will be waiting for you.

If that didn't make sense to you, here's something that will.

This is the most convoluted way to get a Steam key i've heard so far. Jesus, these Indie Publishers are out of control. They should just give out everything through Desura and through the Indie Bundle you bought it from. AND THEN EMAIL ME ABOUT IT JESUS CHRIST

Mine was Half-Life Anthology, the collector's pack which included Blue Shift and Opposing Force as separate CDs.

Lol, remember that? Using actual CDs to install your PC games, back in the day? How quaint.

Well, the actual first game I registered on Steam was Half Life 2 (I got a key from buying a Radeon 9800 ATI Bundle). But the first game I actually bought with money from Steam was either SIN Episode 1 or Rag Doll Kung Fu. I don't quite remember, to be honest, and I can't check on Steam's "Account Details" because it's not loading.

Edit: IT loaded Partially:

ATI Bundle (Half Life 2 and a couple things. Nice ATI Bundle, my videocard had died already when Half Life 2 finally came out)
Rag Doll Kung Fu (First actual purchase)
Sin Episode 1 (oh jesus)
Half-Life 2: Episode One (and here starts the Steam Salvation of PC Gaming)
The Orange Box (Wait, maybe it was here)
Audiosurf (Oh look, I did buy this really early...)

To think I didn't start buying Steam Games actively until Half Life Episode 1.. good times!

Thorgal

I have a spare 10% off coupon for SW if you want it. Steam ID is Dambrosi, friend request me.

wait until christmas at least, next spring at most, and you'll get it on the cheap

Thanks for the offer but i think ill take Stumps advice and wait till the Sales come.

-50%. -75% FTW.

Dambrosi

Banned
Well, the actual first game I registered on Steam was Half Life 2 (I got a key from buying a Radeon 9800 ATI Bundle). But the first game I actually bought with money from Steam was either SIN Episode 1 or Rag Doll Kung Fu. I don't quite remember, to be honest, and I can't check on Steam's "Account Details" because it's not loading.
Oh, the first game I bought through Steam? My account says it was Team Fortress 2, back in 2009 when it cost money to buy, but that doesn't sound right.
Thanks for the offer but i think ill take Stumps advice and wait till the Sales come.

-50%. -75% FTW.
You do realise that you can use coupons with Steam Sales for further discounts, right? I should know, I've done it myself.
Actually, scratch that - i just checked my inventory, and my SW coupons are gone! WTF?

Grief.exe

wait until christmas at least, next spring at most, and you'll get it on the cheap

I love Flying Wild Hog, but I think I will just wait.

My past history shows that I play a game once, and then only come back to it a few years later if I really like it. If I love a game, that cycle continues indefinitely.

Better for me to pick up a game when it is cheaper.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Shadow warrior looks so awesome .but that price tag ... :(

Don't listen to the madman, if you have the money and you really want to play it, buy it now because tomorrow or any day before christmas you could get hit by a truck and die on your way home/school/work, deep down you know I'm right.

This is the most convoluted way to get a Steam key i've heard so far. Jesus, these Indie Publishers are out of control. They should just give out everything through Desura and through the Indie Bundle you bought it from. AND THEN EMAIL ME ABOUT IT JESUS CHRIST
While I agree this might be a bit inconvenience, I think it's wrong to look at it like we're entitled to Steam keys. It's a nice bonus, therefor, if we really want one this should be the least we could do in order to get one. After all, in the case of Dysfunctional you did get it for free so complaining makes you look silly.

Don't listen to the madman, if you have the money and you really want to play it, buy it now because tomorrow or any day before christmas you could get hit by a truck and die on your way home/school/work, deep down you know I'm right.

God damn man...
Getting deep in the Steam thread.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
While I agree this might be a bit inconvenience, I think it's wrong to look at it like we're entitled to Steam keys. It's a nice bonus, therefor, if we really want one this should be the least we could do in order to get one. After all, in the case of Dysfunctional you did get it for free so complaining makes you look silly.

The Steam keys are free for them as well, so I don't see how complaining that I have to sign up through 3 different systems to get a key makes me silly. I bought the game on Groupees, have to register it to Desura, then link it to their specific game store (as if I was ever going to buy something directly from them).

Sure, I did it and got the key, but I can still complain about it. Just because it's free doesn't make me unable to complain about a shitty experience.

Turfster

Sure, I did it and got the key, but I can still complain about it. Just because it's free doesn't make me unable to complain about a shitty experience.
Yeah, I don't think I'm even going to bother doing the hoops jumping.
I ignore big publisher games that make me sign up for yet another useless account, so why the fuck would I do it for a game that's going to last less long than a movie from people I will probably never get anything from anymore?

jediyoshi

Heads up, there's a bunch of sfxt complete pack offers out there for 5 keys. I just went ahead and got it after realizing its full price is still $60

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom