• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has FF7 aged well? Been thinking about getting it for a while now, but now I don't know if my interest level is high enough to buy a game at only 50% off
I can't believe I said that

Edit: To clarify, I have never played more than ten minutes of any FF game.

I bought it today and have played over an hour or so. There's some really weird quirks with the port. First your going have to connect to squenix servers to verify the game. After that you don't have to unless you want cloud saving which I don't really know how it works cause its janky as shit. There's no save states that you can use your hdd for so you have to use the standard save points in game unless you use cloud saves. I don't know if there's mods that fix this.

A 360 controller will work but the button mapping is done outside of the game in the launcher. The button mapping is ok. Luckily analog movement works so you don't have to use the d-pad. If I remember correctly the original psx version didn't use dual shock. Also if your using a 360 controller the triggers, d-pad and right analog stick don't work with the game.

It's a 16 year old game so I don't know what your expecting graphically. You still get Uematsu's amazing soundtrack. It's still a fun game though.

jediyoshi

Even on XBLA (and perhaps PSN too) this piece of DLC is limited to Eastern Europe. It's a very strange situation.

Edit: Actually, poking about on the Russian XBLA site reveals it's no longer available at all.

Its app and sub registry looks like they've gotten updates within the month, so maybe they're looking to actually release it to the world eventually.

Otherwise its just going to continue to have the craziest list of purchase restriction countries
http://steamdb.info/sub/6890/#section_info

Hydrophobia is unlocked on the latest groupees bundle.

So:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Hydrophobia -- MB-B51D26609645405D - Taken by Xanathus

epaturun

in case anyone missed it and are interested

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

8b8b4550c451cd1f375aaa218abaaeea243fb41b.png
8003a0f793a6c0288fb615396a62096f93081996.png

Humble Bundle Nordic Games Bundle A (no BTA): Supreme Commander, Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance, The Guild 2, and Red Faction: Armageddon

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Humble Bundle Nordic Games Bundle A -- MB-A57E9C6D2763EEF1

t1380917298z1.png

alstein

Is there any way to turn off notifications for achievements in Steam?

Noticing that can be distracting in times during some games.

I wish Steam would rip off PSN in regards to achievements.

Copons

So, I got friended by a "D_Nowitzki" on Steam. Anyone knows who this guy is?
It seems he's friend of at least one of Griefmultiplepersonalities.exe.

Also, is there a way to categorize friends? Because I honestly can't remember who half of them are, also thanks to the fact people change nicknames to "OMGOMG HL3 OMGOMG" everytime a bug tracker comes out with an update from the Bellevue, WA area. :(

Kammie

Also, is there a way to categorize friends? Because I honestly can't remember who half of them are, also thanks to the fact people change nicknames to "OMGOMG HL3 OMGOMG" everytime a bug tracker comes out with an update from the Bellevue, WA area. :(
Right-click on 'em. "Tag as" to put them into groups, "Add nickname" to put a permanent name in parenthesis next to whatever they're currently using.

Nerazar

Even on XBLA (and perhaps PSN too) this piece of DLC is limited to Eastern Europe. It's a very strange situation.

Edit: Actually, poking about on the Russian XBLA site reveals it's no longer available at all.

Wow, why would that be the case? First, not offering it the the main audience and second, even pulling it off over there? It's DLC, so they gain nothing by that.

Copons

Right-click on 'em. "Tag as" to put them into groups, "Add nickname" to put a permanent name in parenthesis next to whatever they're currently using.

AH!!
After 4 years I now realize that the actual Steam client has more options than the website. :D

Grief.exe

So, I got friended by a "D_Nowitzki" on Steam. Anyone knows who this guy is?
It seems he's friend of at least one of Griefmultiplepersonalities.exe.

So many people have been friend requesting me and I just accept them all. I used to try to verify that I knew them from GAF or through gaming, but I have been getting, what seems like, about 5 a night lately.

More Japanese games!

I use the nickname function quite frequently. Really useful to keep track of those who have gifted me games, in order to pay it forward in the future.

Copons

So many people have been friend requesting me and I just accept them all. I used to try to verify that I knew them from GAF or through gaming, but I have been getting, what seems like, about 5 a night lately.

And one from me too, as soon as I discovered, while looking for the guy I asked, I never sent you the request. Sorry man!

Grief.exe

And one from me too, as soon as I discovered, while looking for the guy I asked, I never sent you the request. Sorry man!

I recognized you, accepted instantly. You have to make it hard by differentiating your GAF picture from your Steam picture though.

Which games from Groupees BAB7 are worthwhile?

Frogatto & Friends and Cloudphobia look neat and are on Greenlight. I'm tempted to get Retrovirus and Zack Zero just for the cards

Copons

Wait what??
What's the purpose of a renowned dev putting one of its most popular games on Greenlight?
Shouldn't it be somehow automatically accepted by Valve for "main" Steam?
I would understant Radiant Silvergun, being released on Saturn, but come on, Ikaruga?

Also, WTF, I already like triple-dipped it between DC and GC, JP and PAL. :'(

Copons

I recognized you, accepted instantly. You have to make it hard by differentiating your GAF picture from your Steam picture though.

Ahaha, you're right, it is on my "checklist" since always, but everytime I totally forget to put GAF and Steam pictures in sync. ^^

Grief.exe

Voted..... Does Treasure really have to go through Greenlight? I mean cmon.

Wait what??
What's the purpose of a renowned dev putting one of its most popular games on Greenlight?
Shouldn't it be somehow automatically accepted by Valve for "main" Steam?
I would understant Radiant Silvergun, being released on Saturn, but come on, Ikaruga?

Also, WTF, I already like triple-dipped it between DC and GC, JP and PAL. :'(

Apparently Valve's current policy is to just send people straight to Greenlight if they haven't been on Steam before. Developers will speak with Valve and they just send them straight there, no exceptions.

With the pace at Valve's approving these games, I don't see it mattering too much.

Aaron

Which games from Groupees BAB7 are worthwhile?

Frogatto & Friends and Cloudphobia look neat and are on Greenlight. I'm tempted to get Retrovirus and Zack Zero just for the cards
Retrovirus is great, and Zack Zero is decent. I sold my cards from them for like a quarter each, but not sure what they're going for now.

Apparently Valve's current policy is to just send people straight to Greenlight if they haven't been on Steam before. Developers will speak with Valve and they just send them straight there, no exceptions.

With the pace at Valve's approving these games, I don't see it mattering too much.

Gunstar Heroes is on Steam though

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

There are exceptions to every rule and Greenlight is... no exception. Outlast didn't have to go through Greenlight, for example, and it's the only title Red Barrels has developed/published.

I think you'll find MegaDrive games don't count as they're all listed as Sega titles.

Grief.exe

Attached to a publisher that has a massive PC catalog.

There are exceptions to every rule and Greenlight is... no exception. Outlast didn't have to go through Greenlight, for example, and it's the only title Red Barrels has developed/published.

Oh ya, plenty of games have slipped through the cracks and Valve knows that the system is fundamentally broken.

Arthea

I don't really see a point in every game having to go through greenlight. Isn't it hassle of sorts? I mean if it's known developer, already released game that is playable, what's the point?

guys, I need some input on Magicka. It closes without any explanations or error codes more often than not, and controls fail to work, I tried everything, controller doesn't work at all (although I rechecked store page, it says full controller support), the keyboard seems to, but part of controls (some are on mouse) not all work.
Anybody know anything about it? Does it not work with win8 maybe? Or I need to patch or something?

I don't really see a point in every game having to go through greenlight. Isn't it hassle of sorts? I mean if it's known developer, already released game that is playable, what's the point?

guys, I need some input on Magicka. It closes without any explanations or error codes more often than not, and controls fail to work, I tried everything, controller doesn't work at all (although I rechecked store page, it says full controller support), the keyboard seems to, but part of controls (some are on mouse) not all work.
Anybody know anything about it? Does it not work with win8 maybe? Or I need to patch or something?

I've heard there's issues with the Steam Beta and Windows 8 for it.

edit:try disabling Steam Beta if you are using.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Path of Exile on Steam Oct 23rd

Might be very late on this one.

http://www.onrpg.com/articles/editorial/path-of-exile-1-0-launch-preview/

I enjoyed what I played of it before the inconsistent latency got the better of me (ironic that a game developed in New Zealand lacked Oceania-based servers) and I happily ignored the monetisation elements without feeling as though I was missing out. Now that there are Aussie servers, I may jump back on the proverbial horse once I'm done with Grim Dawn and Van Helsing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom