• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flunkie

Banned
I wish this fucking summer sale would start already, I have like 100 games I want to add to my huge fucking backlog already.

says 99% of the people here :)

most notably Alpha Protocol

^says the 10% who don't already have it in their backlog

Derrick01

Banned
iNvidious01 said:
why dont you guys like, i dunno, play some damn games while you wait for it to start

You're not familiar with how steam threads work?

I swear it feels like I get more excited over what will go on sale and buying it then I do actually playing some of these games. I'm still about 15 games behind on my winter sale purchases and have no urge to play some of them.

I only have one game on my wishlist. I'll be depending on this thread to tell me what a good buy will be. Nothing will beat the fun I got from Puzzle Kingdoms during the sale of 09. 1 dollar for 40 + hours of fun.

Gvaz

Banned
Anslon said:
I only have one game on my wishlist. I'll be depending on this thread to tell me what a good buy will be. Nothing will beat the fun I got from Puzzle Kingdoms during the sale of 09. 1 dollar for 40 + hours of fun.
That game sucked. The AI blatently cheats and it's a poor man's Puzzle Quest 2.

I did like it to a specific level but it just got stupid with the ai cheating and trying to use a new hero to level him up as you go along.

I don't utterly love AP like some GAFers but it was a good game that was stretched out too far and had too many annoying little bugs in it.

I really wish they got a chance to make AP2 :(

Gvaz

Banned
AP was terrible if you have no patience for games with a lack of polish.

If you could overlook the combat/movement and implementation of a few things was janky, the game was actually good.

Most of all those complaints would have been ironed out if:

1. Obsidian hired more than 5 QA testers
2. Sega didn't drop it so early

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Just booted up Quantum of Solace today after purchasing it cheap of off steam the other day and the dam thing doesn't even support the 360 controller *sigh*

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
lowrider007 said:
Just booted up Quantum of Solace today after purchasing it cheap of off steam the other day and the dam thing doesn't even support the 360 controller *sigh*
I said that in some impressions. I tried warning people.

Gvaz

Banned
Lord-Audie said:
Cannot wait for pull the trigger on that one.
Why the freak didn't you buy it on day 1? It's practically the only AAA game released this year that's worth full price.

taranatar

taranatar said:
Hey guys, Most of my friends are console gamers and I've been slowly converting back to PC gaming.

My Steam friends list is looking pretty abysmal any of you UK Steam players wanna hook me up?

:)

Just add me - taranatar1986. Cheers all!!

thanks for the adds guys! the more the merrier!

MRORANGE

A friend just pointed out the worst idea for a steam summer sale;

"a game will go on sale every hour when that hour is over, then next game will go on sale, this will occur 24/7"

I can just imagine thousands of steam users just sitting at there desk refusing to sleep waiting for the next sale hour to begin.

Do it Valve.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Zeitgeister said:
Can I monetize somehow on my 'not going to happen' bet ?

Sure.

Terms:
I win if there is a Summer sale event before September 1st, 2011. You buy me a $10 Steam game of my choice during the sale.

You win if there isn't. I buy you a $20 Steam game of your choice at any point thereafter.

"Summer sale event" is defined as a broad summer sale, more substantial than daily or weekly sales or per-publisher events, by may include events similar in scope to the Thanksgiving sale two years ago or the treasure hunt sale last year.

Arbitration:
In the event of a disagreement over whether the sale counts, "Mrs." SalsaShark decides based on the definition provided above. If she isn't acceptable to you, feel free to pick another frequent poster in here.

Wanna take the bet?

Amneisac

Proc said:
I'm hoping for Terraria and Magic sale.

I'm as cheap as the next guy, but posts about waiting on $9.99 games (especially very new games) to go on sale just drive me up the fucking wall. No personal offense intended, but a brand new game with a terrific amount of content came out recently (Terraria) for $9.99 LAUNCH PRICE ($7.50 bundle price) and you're waiting for a sale?

I realize we're not all loaded, but do you even get enough time off from your job sewing soccerballs in the back of an abandoned warehouse to play these games you want to go on sale?

<3 if you were trolling.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Proc said:
I've been wanting to buy Terraria forever. Not that 10 is too much but if that's the regular than a sale price has to be in the 5-ish range or less!

I still want to buy Minecraft as well and it was due to happen this week but the stocking of my Steam wallet for in the way.

RE Terraria - I'm definitely not cheap but am patient when it comes to certain games. Orange Box was one of those PC games I've wanted forever and caved as soon as it hit 20. Don't regret it at all.

coopolon

Lord-Audie said:
I liked my title :(

I wonder how low the Witcher 2 will go on the summer sale.

Cannot wait for pull the trigger on that one.

It was just on sale for $40, $33 on D2D. I don't think it will go lower than 30, and I'd be surprised to see it even get that low.

Proc

Amneisac said:
I'm as cheap as the next guy, but posts about waiting on $9.99 games (especially very new games) to go on sale just drive me up the fucking wall. No personal offense intended, but a brand new game with a terrific amount of content came out recently (Terraria) for $9.99 LAUNCH PRICE ($7.50 bundle price) and you're waiting for a sale?

I realize we're not all loaded, but do you even get enough time off from your job sewing soccerballs in the back of an abandoned warehouse to play these games you want to go on sale?

<3 if you were trolling.

I have interest in those games. Haven't gotten around to buying them. Was probably going to buy them this weekend. A sale would be a bonus. I'm not holding out for a sale but I'm not going to buy it now until I see it isn't on sale.

Amneisac

Proc said:
I have interest in those games. Haven't gotten around to buying them. Was probably going to buy them this weekend. A sale would be a bonus. I'm not holding out for a sale but I'm not going to buy it now until I see it isn't on sale.

That is 100% reasonable and I support your sentiments. I just understood what you said originally that you have been waiting this whole time for a sale.

Stumpokapow said:
Sure.

Terms:
I win if there is a Summer sale event before September 1st, 2011. You buy me a $10 Steam game of my choice during the sale.

You win if there isn't. I buy you a $20 Steam game of your choice at any point thereafter.

"Summer sale event" is defined as a broad summer sale, more substantial than daily or weekly sales or per-publisher events, by may include events similar in scope to the Thanksgiving sale two years ago or the treasure hunt sale last year.

Arbitration:
In the event of a disagreement over whether the sale counts, "Mrs." SalsaShark decides based on the definition provided above. If she isn't acceptable to you, feel free to pick another frequent poster in here.

Wanna take the bet?

lol

Amneisac said:

<3 if you were trolling.
I'd buy Terraria for $2.50 to try it. It's not normally my type of game, but at the right price point I can jump into it.

coopolon

I've never really appreciated my bandwidth until I don't have it. Somehow this month we've already used up 225/250 gb bandwidth cap, so now I'm trying to keep all my bandwidth useage to a minimum. But I really want to try divinity 2 demo, duke nukem demo, dotp demos, etc.

Oreoleo

Amneisac said:

Customer conditioning. People know it will be on sale sooner rather than later (like all games), and most people have plenty of other games to play. I agree if you REALLY want to play it $10 is a fair price, but most people around here have other games to keep them busy in the meantime.

Derrick01

Banned
Proc said:

I'm really hoping for Terraria. I just gained an interest in it about a week ago but this close to the summer sale I'm not buying anything. I'll gladly fork over the $10 on the last day of the sale if it doesn't drop in price.

I'm thinking that I'll do the same with bloodlines too. I give up on waiting for that if it doesn't drop this summer. It's been like 3 years :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom