• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Boy

Banned
Anomarad said:
Any new news about BF3 on steam? Thought the two companies were in negotiations. D:

Properly never happening because BF3 uses the Origin as its DRM and it has Battlelog. You need Origin always running to even play BF3.

Derrick01

Banned
Gez said:
Properly never happening because BF3 uses the Origin as its DRM and it has Battlelog. You need Origin always running to even play BF3.

Yup even if it did come to Steam there's no way I'm buying it if they still require Origin and Battlelog, and it will if it does. The game is built into that shit.

jediyoshi

ROBOKITTYZILLA said:
Thanks for posting. I'll probably jump on this for Dungeon Siege III and Arkham City. Currently waiting for my HardForum account activation. >_>

Register for an account on heatwave to see his email and contact him from there.

Just bought an Arkham City key from him, smoooooth transaction. Responded pretty quick.

ArjanN

Derrick01 said:
Anyone else noticed lately that a lot of their games come up with something missing when doing that verify integrity of game cache thing? I've had like 8 games so far that needed to redownload a file, even 1 that I just downloaded today.

Yeah I'm having a lot of Steam problems lately :p

There are some games that do that every time you check though, where I think it's just needlessly replaceing a config file or something. But yeah, it's never a bad idea to ceck file intergrity of you're having problems.

Derrick01

Banned
ArjanN said:
There are some games that do that every time you check though, where I think it's just needlessly replaceing a config file or something. But yeah, it's never a bad idea to ceck file intergrity of you're having problems.

Oh I didn't know that. I had about 15 out of my 40 installed games that "needed" files but most were 0kb to 1mb files. Europa Universalis III needed like 41mb though and Dead Rising 2 needed 30mb. Strange considering I haven't even played DR2 yet. Oh well no sense fretting over it unless I get weird problems.

What made me do it is Splinter Cell Double Agent kept crashing late in the game when I tried to reload the latest save and it did have to redownload 2 files but it kept doing it so I just figured it was the garbage port in action (because it is a pretty bad port, doesn't even support 1920x1080) and uninstalled it.

jediyoshi said:
Register for an account on heatwave to see his email and contact him from there.

Just bought an Arkham City key from him, smoooooth transaction. Responded pretty quick.

Just purchased two Arkham City keys and two Dungeon Siege III keys and activated everything on Steam. Anyone interested in these games should definitely jump on this. It's totally legit and the transactions were very smooth.

Weenerz

Banned
ROBOKITTYZILLA said:
Just purchased two Arkham City keys and two Dungeon Siege III keys and activated everything on Steam. Anyone interested in these games should definitely jump on this. It's totally legit and the transactions were very smooth.

What do we do? Just PM the guy or what?

ROBOKITTYZILLA said:
Just send him a PM or e-mail him and he'll send you the paypal info. Once you pay, he sends a screenshot of all the codes needed and instructions.

Just jumped on this. The dude in question is a true gentleman.

Weenerz

Banned
How long did it take you guys to get your keys? Paid about about a half hour ago and still nothing. He responded to my messages on the hardforum but nothing.

KarmaCow

Does anyone know what stuff was/is redeemable in Dead Space 2? There is a section to enter codes to get stuff and I'm just wondering what they were offering.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'm feeling pretty good about the $10 I spend on DMC4. The combat is flashy and accessible, but deep. It looks great and the framerate runs flawlessly. I recommend it, quality game in a genre that hardly exists on Steam. I mean, it's no Garshap, but I'm enjoying it.

Weenerz said:
How long did it take you guys to get your keys? Paid about about a half hour ago and still nothing. He responded to my messages on the hardforum but nothing.
He told me I'll get my key when he goes to work tomorrow.

£15 for Arkham City. Fuck yeah!

Gravijah

Snuggler said:
I'm feeling pretty good about the $10 I spend on DMC4. The combat is flashy and accessible, but deep. It looks great and the framerate runs flawlessly. I recommend it, quality game in a genre that hardly exists on Steam. I mean, it's no Garshap, but I'm enjoying it.

would you recommend garshasps

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Snuggler said:
DMC4 is the definition of a game that is 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

Core mechanics are better than previous entries and the technical side runs flawlessly.

Problem was that it was also coupled with some of the worst design decisions. Lack of weapons, back tracking, push over/forgettable encounters(Outside one), etc.

By all means its not a bad game, just a let down from DMC3SE.

Fireye

Weenerz said:

I just got a response from the guy, saying that he'll have more codes after he gets to work tomorrow. I figured, I'll go ahead and send the money via regular paypal, and if I get nothing, just complain and get my money back.

wutwutwut

Weenerz said:
8 hours because I sent it while he was asleep.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
shintoki said:
By all means its not a bad game, just a let down from DMC3SE.

I haven't played DMC3 yet, but now I'm interested in it. I hear the PC port is a bit rough so I'll wait for the HD collection.

Relax.MX

I need some help, Renegade Ops dont detect my gamepad (generic USB PS2)...¿what can i do? (i ask in Renegade Ops thread without success) Thanks in advance

I play all my games with mouse + keyboard but with this game...i just need the gamepad...(i hate this kind PC ports...never again Sega)

Snuggler said:

Capcom PC ports is one of the best(or the best) in this gen

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Snuggler said:
I haven't played DMC3 yet, but now I'm interested in it. I hear the PC port is a bit rough so I'll wait for the HD collection.
DMC1 and DMC3SE are both fantastic entries. DMC1 while being the entry title, still has the best encounters in the game. Gameplay isn't nearly as fluid as 3/4, but its not necessarily worse either. Its different is all.
DMC3 was where DMC4's fluid gameplay comes into. Some great encounters, while some weak ones. Biggest thing to note is they actually have weapons worthwhile to use, and all the styles got nerfed while bringing them over to DMC4. Trickster and Royal Guardian are different beasts in 3.

Stallion Free said:
What is the TTDA in DMC4? I want to know if I should bother playing it.

TTDA = Time To Dantes Abs
DMC3's Dante is the shirtless one, so you always have abs showing. He's not topless once in DMC4. Though DMC4's design is much sexier in my opinion. The scruff, increased age appearance, and less of a Jpop reject made him much hotter.

Outfit is better too. Gun Strap Bra < Ass-less chaps. ^_^

Chesskid1

Banned
glad you guys are able to get arkham city and DS3 for $25 and $10. pretty much awesome.

remember, if there is a video card promo for a free game, someone usually takes an entire stack and sells them on the internet for hella cheap. gotta love it.

gettin 2 copies of DS3 for myself and co-op buddy, co-op fun for $20. it was like $25 on sale on steam recently iirc. think i can resist batman atm though i might change my mind.

jediyoshi

Relax.MX said:
I need some help, Renegade Ops dont detect my gamepad (generic USB PS2)...¿what can i do? (i ask in Renegade Ops thread without success) Thanks in advance

x360ce

I'm guessing it specifically wants a 360 pad. This program let's you remap your gamepad keys onto it and make your computer think it's a 360 gamepad.

Tomodachi

5ofig8.jpg

Yay! Is there something more wonderful than companies who do customer care/marketing right? I already love madly Indie Royale (didn't have the faintest idea who they were prior to buying the bundle).

Tomodachi said:
5ofig8.jpg

Yay! Is there something more wonderful than companies who do customer care/marketing right? I already love madly Indie Royale (didn't have the faintest idea who they were prior to buying the bundle).

*happy face*

confused

Banned
Biiiiiiiiig love going out to XELIOS, who gifted me killing floor out of nowhere.

I love SteamGAF.

I have 2 guest passes for the game up for grabs for anybody wanting to try out the game.

MNC

I actually can't play gemini rue :(

I boot the game, I see the title screen, I hear rain falling but nothing happens. I alttab, I see a quick view of the main menu before alttabbing back in and the game freezing again. Halp!

Carm

MNC said:
I actually can't play gemini rue :(

I boot the game, I see the title screen, I hear rain falling but nothing happens. I alttab, I see a quick view of the main menu before alttabbing back in and the game freezing again. Halp!

Did you try running it in a window? Go to the game folder and click on winsetup, quite a few options to mess around with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom