• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
BobsRevenge said:
I actually thought Amnesia would be in the top 3 with that pricing. I'm shocked it isn't selling way more. It's such a great game with awesome word of mouth...

I refuse to buy the game because it is too damn scary.

Scythian

3chopl0x said:
It's been on sale so much and has received so much attention that everyone probably owns it already.

I guess you could say the same about Left 4 Dead 2, and it's on the top 10. Even though, Amnesia could be (at least in their own conception of the game) too scary/tense/etc. for some people.

Kind of random question, but I got a new PC and really want to transfer my King's Bounty and Mount & Blade save files over.

I was just wondering what the easiest way to do that would be. I have no experience with this, and I'm too nervous to just wing it on my own.

Echoplx

The Mana Legend said:
Kind of random question, but I got a new PC and really want to transfer my King's Bounty and Mount & Blade save files over.

I was just wondering what the easiest way to do that would be. I have no experience with this, and I'm too nervous to just wing it on my own.

As long as you can find the saves (both of those are in your documents folder) than all you have to do is copy/paste them over.

kadotsu

Banned
The Mana Legend said:

Copy the save files onto an SD card or upload them to your preferred online storage. Kings Bounty Saves are under Documents>My Games

shuyin_

Banned
BobsRevenge said:
I actually thought Amnesia would be in the top 3 with that pricing. I'm shocked it isn't selling way more. It's such a great game with awesome word of mouth...
Well, i considered buying it but i only have 1.5 maybe 2 euros on my CC and i think i'm going to buy Overlord instead as it's about that price . But yeah, 3 euros is a great price for Amnesia and i too thought more people will get it to play on Halloween.

Island

Bobby Truffles said:
Quote for keys...

A.R.E.S. Extinction Agenda

Nimbus

Sanctum

Violator DLC

Killing Floor DLC

The two I tried came up as duplicates. (Nimbus and Violator DLC)

Can you please post in the thread if you have taken them?

gotee12

Xeno_Flux2113 said:
You know that is one game that if I got it I know I would backlog it, too tense for me.
I played 45 minutes of it last Halloween, and I just finished playing my 45 minutes for this Halloween. I can only take about 45 minutes per year of that game. Maybe I'll finish it before I'm sent to the old folks home...

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Is the Painkiller pack worth it? Or is there one specific Painkiller game that is the best?

K2Valor said:
Is the Painkiller pack worth it? Or is there one specific Painkiller game that is the best?
Just get the original (Black Edition). The expansions were handled by different developers and are supposed to be terrible. The original is top of the line as far as mindless shooters are concerned.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Bobby Truffles said:
Not really. I got it for practically nothing on GMG when I traded in some other games I got for nothing. :)
Well then, you're a swell guy for being honest about that. -_^

Shame, though. It seems like a fuller version of Zombie Driver, which I was in the mood for but people said was shallow/short-lived.

.nimrod

MRORANGE said:
putyourcodehere

Thanks

Didn't know where else to give it away, but I got a "surprise discount" code from Origin.
It says it could be anything between 10%-40% off with a small chance to get 100% off, valid through 11/1

quote this to see the code

Dice

Gvaz said:
fffffffffuuuuuuucccckkk I missed it making my lunch :(
Better not to think that way. It was gone in seconds; taken by lucky mystery GAFer who apparently doesn't know how to say thank you.
Yeah, whoever you are, I'm calling you out!

Smash88

Banned
*sits here waiting for the next GAFfer to put a code in*

24 HOUR SIT IN! I'm ready!

Also I forgot to say this some time ago, but thanks to Dupy for gifting me Max Payne, you are awesome and you deserve a shout out.

gotee12 said:
I played 45 minutes of it last Halloween, and I just finished playing my 45 minutes for this Halloween. I can only take about 45 minutes per year of that game. Maybe I'll finish it before I'm sent to the old folks home...

That's basically what I've been doing but only with a shorter amount of time. No survival horror has ever freaked me out like that game has.

Does anyone know if the Sherlock Homes games and Dracula Origins works on 64-bit win7? Their store pages only list xp/vista for Sherlock Holmes versus Jack the Ripper and Dracula Origins and xp only for Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Thanks jim-jam bongs for being so (too) generous with me. Was a nice surprise to wake up to. Make yourself a proper wishlist by the time black friday/Christmas gets here!

Also thanks to Mr. Elysia for Costume Quest, which I am going to celebrate Halloween with.

Spectacular Dr Dawg said:
Does anyone know if the Sherlock Homes games and Dracula Origins works on 64-bit win7? Their store pages only list xp/vista for Sherlock Holmes versus Jack the Ripper and Dracula Origins and xp only for Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened.
Dracula Origin works fine for me 7x64. I have it on disc, not Steam, but I doubt that matters.

xelios said:
Thanks jim-jam bongs for being so (too) generous with me.

I know you don't give out pressies because you want anything in return, but think of it as a thank you from me on behalf of myself and any other GAF-ers you've helped who weren't able to give their thanks in kind.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN BEYATCHES! BOOYAH!

nexen

It is quite telling that I've spent far more time w/ Renegade Ops than Battlefield 3 so far. Was really looking forward to BF3 too.

Dice

I can't offer much, but if anyone is so fucking poor they can't even get the IndieRoyale bundle for $3.50... and please leave this for that poor bastard who has nothing because the other 3 games in that bundle kick ass and you should get it if you can... quote for Gemini Rue.

Smash88

Banned
God damn you LIFE! I was sitting right here, decided for a pee break, refreshed and I missed it again! Rawr!

MISSED IT TWICE!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FUCK YOU! LIFE!

Be right back going to go smash my face into a corner.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
nexen said:
It is quite telling that I've spent far more time w/ Renegade Ops than Battlefield 3 so far. Was really looking forward to BF3 too.

I bought a Renegade Ops four-pack for my boys and I awhile back and have only put about a little over an hour into it, none of them have really been around or want to play now. I have the worst friends. I guess I should just man up and go brolo, but ehhh.

Seems pretty fun though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom