• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sysgen

Because I'm an idiot and when I typed Deus Ex into the search box, only the 49.99 version appeared. Didn't realize there was another version :lol

I also added Bioshock Infinite the other day. But because it just said Unreleased Title for the title, had no ambition to move it from the bottom of the list.

Oh, well. 10 free games:)

I don't see where you add the augmented edition, only the standard version. There's 2 products and one wishlist button. They should gift you the augmented version.

Javaman

This one looks fantastic, it even has a demo, Ill try the demo first but it looks great. Any other SRPG's besides KB and HOMM that anyone would recommend?

The demo is really rough to get into. It's a bunch of high level fights with little in the way of explaining what to do IIRC. You're probably much better off watching some video reviews. I love the games myself. The previous one was one of the few games I've actually finished in the past couple of years.

naib

I have the kiddo grinding away at bit.trip runner. I'll let y'all know if we somehow stumble across the cheevo. Looking kinda doubtful though. Lol!

edit: unless it's "roasting marshmallows" :)

DrPirate

Banned
Anybody know how to get the DEFCON christmas achievement? I thought we would have to nuke the north pole but I don't see it on the map. Do we have to do this in multi-player?

Just nuked Greenland and the Canadian Northwest territories...Nothing on my end :(

DaddyO

Neo Member
I have the kiddo grinding away at bit.trip runner. I'll let y'all know if we somehow stumble across the cheevo. Looking kinda doubtful though. Lol!

edit: unless it's "roasting marshmallows" :)

Yes, I think it is. It is very easy. There also are some cool Christmas-themed changes to the title screen. I did not notice them until I got the achievement.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I HATE LIFE

table_flipping_raaaaacklf1.jpg

Card Boy

Banned
Just clocked Dead Island. 23 hours, level 37.

7 out of 10, not gonna bother with that Ryder White campaign if it ever comes out.

Guys, doesnt anyone know if there are any Strategy RPGS on steam? Got the itch to play one.

DOTA2
Heroes of Might and Magic 5
Heroes of Might and Magic 6
King Arthur
Dawn of War 2 series
Rise of the Immortals (its shit though)
Demigod
Kings Bounty series

ArjanN

Guys, doesnt anyone know if there are any Strategy RPGS on steam? Got the itch to play one.

Jagged Alliance 2. Old but still one of the best.

Just went and checked my mail and realized it was flooded with shit from Steam. And then I realized I got an e-mail for each game I won!

Witcher 2
Batman Arkham City
Assasin's Creed: Revelations
Deus Ex: Revolution
Sonic Generations
Rage
Saints Row: The Third
Skyrim

Darksiders 2
Metro: Last Light

Here's hoping THQ doesn't go down the toilet and I see those!

FUCKING PUMPED. Gotta go redeem these bitches, now!

Nice. I'm somewhat consoled by the fact you didn't any of those games already which means you are a poor, poor man. :p

Mimir

The Frozen Synapse one is relatively easy to get. I think this is the first time I've ever had an achievement that Steam says 0% of players have.

DrPirate

Banned
The Frozen Synapse one is relatively easy to get. I think this is the first time I've ever had an achievement that Steam says 0% of players have.

Yeah it wasn't bad. Still having trouble with the Bit.trip Runner one and Defcon :(

Also the L4D2 one is hard only because the drop rate for presents is incredibly low.

Mimir

Cargo! - The Quest for Gravity was also updated with a Christmas achievement.

2012 - it’s almost there
The Christmas bell tolls! You have been blessed with a present.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I'm kind of annoyed with all these games getting updates without any notes in the News section.

Revenge of the Titans, Bit Trip Beat, Toki Tori, Poker Night, Dawn of War 2: Retribution, Trine, Greed Corp... I understand it may be for a future promotion, but that was 400MB of silent updates.

Exuro

ugh I am terrible at this game...

EDIT: Nevermind, thought i needed to win with only a gunner. Went to skirmish generator and spawned with just the gunner and got it.

Kuroyume

Banned
Okay, Magicka demo is pretty fun. Should I get the bundle with all the DLC or are the Cthulhu and Vietnam the only ones worth getting?

Exuro

Okay, Magicka demo is pretty fun. Should I get the bundle with all the DLC or are the Cthulhu and Vietnam the only ones worth getting?
Pretty much. The robe packs are nice if you want some variety in your parties. Each has different abilities and starting weapon/staff so they aren't just for looks.

If you're only saving a dollar or so just get the pack.

Scythian

Just finished Darksiders, and towards the ending, it reminded me of how much I don't enjoy God of War-esque gameplay, characters, enemies, etc.
I just didn't enjoy it overall. Fetch quests, backtracking, unclear puzzles, etc. There was something that I found annoying about the game, even though I don't know what it is exactly.

1-D_FTW

Ha, sucker. Now when these games go on sale for dirt cheap you'll be wishing you could buy them!

I know. I'm going to have nothing to buy in the next year :lol.

I only have 14 games left on my wishlist (and one of those in Bioshock Infinite). None of those other 13 are even remotely expensive games and the majority will have 66/75 percent off deals during Christmas.

I've got a couple stragglers like CoD2 and Avatar on that list that I refuse to purchase on principal until they get a real markdown. So maybe they'll survive the Holiday. My list is going to be so lonely come next year.

Relax.MX

list of people up for gifting during the Steam Holiday:

this is a list of people who are willing to help out with cross-region gifting for bigger savings.
If you want to help out, just send me a pm or post here with the region that you are in:

Region: North America

Xeno_Flux2113
graywolf323
wilflare (except EA games.)
Cloudius12
HP_Wuvcraft (no more than $14)

Region: Europe / Uk

confused
Gav47
UnluckyKate
Corto
Dambrosi

Region: Australia

3chopl0x
Planet_JASE

Region: South America

Kerrinck (Rockstar games)

Im in to gift, the prices here is the same as USA but without EA games (EA hate Mexico, sometimes is 3 times more expensive)

Exuro

Anyone know the rules for the gift grab achievements? Want to know if I need a certain number of people for DoD:S and CS:S(already have it for tf2) or if its just a rare drop.

Exuro

what can we do with these gifts/cheevos?
redemption?
supposed to be a treasure hunt type thing with the xmas achievements, so there will be some sort of rewards, either tickets like the summer sale, tf2 hat rewards like the first treasure hunt or something entirely different.

Big-E

Super Meat Boy one is kicking my ass. Can't even beat the first level. Fuck. Tried to get the Killing Floor one by playing solo but it didn't work. Do I have to beat the Patriarch or play online?

DrPirate

Banned
Super Meat Boy one is kicking my ass. Can't even beat the first level. Fuck. Tried to get the Killing Floor one by playing solo but it didn't work. Do I have to beat the Patriarch or play online?

Super Meat Boy: Do Sweater. You can jump through the ceiling of the level and make it.

Killing floor: Start a listen server on IceCaves, make sure difficulty is set to normal. I got it by Wave 5 or 6....

Exuro

In super meat boy go to sweaters. Walls connected to the top can be jumped over.

edit: beaten ;x

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
KF one is pretty easy, I *thought* you could get it solo. You could just drop into an online game and play for a bit though, it'll come up quickly.

Darrenm

Neo Member
Everyone else noticing loads of indie games getting little updates before the Christmas sale? Looks like Valve is planning something fun again.

Also, big (500mb) random update for Psychonauts with no patch notes or anything...weird.

edit: lawl LTTP fail. Didn't read back far enough.

DrPirate

Banned
Everyone else noticing loads of indie games getting little updates before the Christmas sale? Looks like Valve is planning something fun again.

Also, big (500mb) random update for Psychonauts with no patch notes or anything...weird.

Late to the Party son.

Also the psychonauts update added an achievement related to the holiday ARG.

mrgone

Anyone know the rules for the gift grab achievements? Want to know if I need a certain number of people for DoD:S and CS:S(already have it for tf2) or if its just a rare drop.

Seems to be just an occasional drop. I was able to get the presents and the achievement in CS:S killing bots on easy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom