• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
They seem to be adding more also since the list keeps getting bigger.

Already picked up Super Meat Boy's today, and downloaded a few of the other titles.

Exuro

Anyone figured the christmas achievement for Cave Story yet?
I don't think Cave Story has updated with it yet.

Anyone figure out the DEFCON one?

Haha wow. Just as I was about to rage quit from playing furnace. I made it into Frostbite. Done. Uninstalled. I ran out of money too.
I got into a match of lockdown but im in the forest.... and im out of money... :( If I get to the snow map do I need a snowball or are they supplied there?

I don't think Cave Story has updated with it yet.

Anyone figure out the DEFCON one?

I got into a match of lockdown but im in the forest.... and im out of money... :( If I get to the snow map do I need a snowball or are they supplied there?

Yeah the snow map has em laying around like how the furnace has water balls around.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Whoever designed the Super Meat Boy Xmas Levels hates everybody on the planet and this is his revenge.

Holy. Fucking. Crap.

Exuro

Whoever designed the Super Meat Boy Xmas Levels hates everybody on the planet and this is his revenge.

Holy. Fucking. Crap.
You can beat level 3 by just jumped over the walls but if you're going for all of them in one sitting... yeah good luck. :S

wilflare

wonder if SantaGAF would be kind enough to lift the ban on Salsa for the duration of the Winter Sale.

no sale is complete without Salsa :(

Exuro

Alright I downloaded nuclear dawn and am trying to get the achievement where you kill the commander on silo. The commander is the rts view right? How do I kill him if he's not a reg soldier?

EDIT: went into their base and found a guy on a computer which I assume is the commander. Not getting the achievement killing him though : /

EDIT2: killed the commander in the base, waited for him to spawn and while he was running back to the post I killed him again just in case he needed to die while away from the post. Still nothing. A friend of mine took about 5 minutes to get the achievement wtf.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
done!

done! and welcome back!

done!

done!

list of people up for gifting during the Steam Holiday:

this is a list of people who are willing to help out with cross-region gifting for bigger savings.
If you want to help out, just send me a pm or post here with the region that you are in:

Region: North America

Xeno_Flux2113
graywolf323
wilflare (except EA games.)
Cloudius12
HP_Wuvcraft (no more than $14)

Region: Europe / Uk

confused
Gav47
UnluckyKate
Corto
Dambrosi

Region: Australia

3chopl0x
Planet_JASE

Region: South America

Kerrinck (Rockstar games)

Just so you know, as always I'll be on hand to help out if required for UK to elsewhere gifting (I'm in the UK). The only exceptions are between the 24th and 27th of December as I wont have access to a PC really.

jediyoshi

Alright I downloaded nuclear dawn and am trying to get the achievement where you kill the commander on silo. The commander is the rts view right? How do I kill him if he's not a reg soldier?

EDIT: went into their base and found a guy on a computer which I assume is the commander. Not getting the achievement killing him though : /

EDIT2: killed the commander in the base, waited for him to spawn and while he was running back to the post I killed him again just in case he needed to die while away from the post. Still nothing. A friend of mine took about 5 minutes to get the achievement wtf.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=26979345&postcount=2

This is a special achievement that is only achievable during with the Steam winter sale. Not sure if I'm allowed to say the dates before it's been announced or not, but "soon"

jgminto

How the hell am I supposed to beat the SMB level. I'm trying to beat Sweater by jumping above the screen but I keep dying halfway across even though the sawblade has already passed. Am I missing something?

EDIT: Never mind I got through but then it froze when I got to Bandage Girl. Sigh.

DiscoJer

Anyone try that Pox Nora game? Seems pretty decent, except I can't see what's going on. It's like only half the screen of my monitor (which is 1080p and not that large)

Anyone try that Pox Nora game? Seems pretty decent, except I can't see what's going on. It's like only half the screen of my monitor (which is 1080p and not that large)

Confused the ever-loving crap out of me and I gave up. Seems like there's an interesting game in there somewhere but the UI couldn't be less intuitive if they required you use your penis to interact with it.

camerooni

Neo Member
There should be an option to run it windowed full screen which will stretch it out but yeah.. not the best options. Worth trying out but I am unsure about its trading card style random packs of figures (or runes as they call them) .. I also advise trying the tutorial before the intro missions despite them being listed first.. you also get starter sets out of them so still worth doing :)

jediyoshi

Achivements in Poker Night are the worst thing.
The worst.

xgNgr.jpg

Only bad people are responsible for this.

Anilusion

I posted in the SMB thread, but I'll post it here as well.

My Super Meat Boy has been unplayable for months, and I have no idea what's causing it. The game starts up and runs, but it runs at like 2 FPS. I can't really remember when it started to act like this, but I used to run it perfectly. Reinstalling didn't help, and neither did defragmenting the installation.

Specs:
Phenom 2 x6 @ 4ghz
AMD 5850
4GB Ram
2x 500gb hdds in raid

EDIT: FINALLY FOUND A FIX! I apparently had an old 360 controller emulator file in the SMB folder. Deleted it and now it runs perfectly!

MRORANGE

Will there be a comprehensive achievement guide thread for this? It was awesome for... whatever had it last. Autumn sale?

making one, just trying to find tips on how to complete each one.

Im in to gift, the prices here is the same as USA but without EA games (EA hate Mexico, sometimes is 3 times more expensive)
done!
I can help. USA. Will be purchasing the game(s) with the Paypal funds you send.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xelios
done!
SalsaShark said he's willing to help with the Christmas Gifting.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/pablitomm
done!
Just so you know, as always I'll be on hand to help out if required for UK to elsewhere gifting (I'm in the UK). The only exceptions are between the 24th and 27th of December as I wont have access to a PC really.
done!

this is a list of people who are willing to help out with cross-region gifting for bigger savings. If you want
to help out, just send me a pm/post here and I will add you to the list.

Region: North America

Xeno_Flux2113
graywolf323
wilflare (except EA games.)
Cloudius12
HP_Wuvcraft (no more than $14)
xelios (send paypal funds first)
Relax.MX (except EA games.)
FloppyDelux

Region: Europe / Uk

confused
Gav47
UnluckyKate
Corto
Dambrosi
Stop It (away 24th-27th)
Stupacabra

Region: Australia

3chopl0x
Planet_JASE

Region: South America

Kerrinck (Rockstar games)
SalsaShark

12/19 Christmas objectives completed.

Completed:
Jamestown
Orcs Must Die!
Super Meat Boy (1/2)
Trine
Frozen Synapse
Rock of Ages
Total War 2: Shogun
Killing Floor
Counter-Strike: Source
BIT.TRIP. RUNNER (2/3)

To go:
Costume Quest
Day of Defeat: Source
Football Manager 2012
Left 4 Dead 2
Team Fortress 2
The Binding of Isaac
Magicka

This'll be fun. Downloading and installing games like crazy.

I woke up early to do the Jamestown achievement. The game is really fun. I'm glad these achievements are forcing me to play a bunch of different games in a short amount of time.

moojito

King's Bounty: Armored Princess is a good one.

Just downloaded this demo to give it a go. Damn, that title screen music is awesome!

edit: pity about the demo. It just kind of dumps you in a level and leaves you to it. Aye, don't worry guys, I'll just figure all this out myself, no worries.

ArjanN

The Space Marine Christmas achievement requires you to complete a round of exterminatus? Guess I'll be skipping that one.

No, only one "arena" which means 5 waves. Which is really easy. Beating all 21 waves of an exterminatus game isn't that hard either, as long as you customize your character specfically for exterminatus instead of regular multiplayer.

Doesn't make sense, my friend unlocked it yesterday. Looking at his list and it says unlocked the 16th.

Some of the achievements have been active while they were testing them, also some like the Psychonauts one require the date to be the 25th. (But you can just change the date on your PC to the 25th to fool it.)

Dynoro

I woke up early to do the Jamestown achievement. The game is really fun. I'm glad these achievements are forcing me to play a bunch of different games in a short amount of time.
I gave Jamestown a go due to the achievement and the game is so good - probably end up buying the dlc for it now

fml I came home from university for christmas and only have my shitty laptop that cant even run binding of isaac :( I am going to miss out on steam fun

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I finished Bastion, Toki Tori, Super Meat Boy, and Jamestown's winter achievements this morning. Bastion's was pretty uncreative, and Jamestown's was just a ship palette swap, but SMB and Toki Tori's achievements were very creative!

Edit: also did Sanctum and PAM.

Guanoape

Neo Member
No, only one "arena" which means 5 waves. Which is really easy. Beating all 21 waves of an exterminatus game isn't that hard either, as long as you customize your character specfically for exterminatus instead of regular multiplayer.

Looks like you were right. I got the achievement after 5 waves. Thanks for the tip!

The Judge

I finished Bastion, Toki Tori, Super Meat Boy, and Jamestown's winter achievements this morning. Bastion's was pretty uncreative, and Jamestown's was just a ship palette swap, but SMB and Toki Tori's achievements were very creative!

I tried Toki Tori an hour ago and the Forest levels weren't snowy. Also tried Trine and the presents weren't there. Played Beat Hazard Christmas station for 11 minutes and didn't get anything. I just verified the files and nothing seems to be missing. I'm going to guess they didn't update the Mac versions...

At least Jamestown, SMB and Killing Floor worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom