• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

iNvid02

All it takes is a few charge backs and complaints and they'll do that I think.

whats the story with your avatar, what does it mean

v8tqE.png

Rapstah

Any idea when GMG will be free from Visa's blacklist?

I imagine whenever someone at VISA HQ takes a look at the issue and unlocks it. It was probably locked automatically as part as an automatical anti-fraud procedure when a lot of people charge a place back in a short period of time.

Relax.MX

Mmm i just waiting for the Steam Sale and Alan Wake is on Gamers Gate, Binary Domain on Amazon...

Pull the trigger? im only have 25 usd for the sale(was 60 but there was the tequila fest in Tijuana...and....)

PD: Mission 10 on Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter for PC, maaaan I'm masochistic i have 14 hours of very hard difficulty and their bugs..only two missions to finish it XO I'm the one who has played until the end?

Mmm i just waiting for the Steam Sale and Alan Wake is on Gamers Gate, Binary Domain on Amazon...

Pull the trigger? im only have 25 usd for the sale(was 60 but there was the tequila fest in Tijuana...and....)
Buy more tequila and then just go through your backlog!

Win Win Win

iNvid02

It's presumably referring to the £7.6bn of revenue Amazon has made from sales in the UK in the past three years, the profit of which they've paid precisely zero corporation tax on.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2012/apr/04/amazon-british-operation-corporation-tax

thanks, that was an interesting read, so they owe a disgusting amount of money to HMRC

i've given this company a lot of money, but i have to be honest they don't disappoint whether its delivery or customer service or returns - still not an excuse for this though

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I imagine whenever someone at VISA HQ takes a look at the issue and unlocks it. It was probably locked automatically as part as an automatical anti-fraud procedure when a lot of people charge a place back in a short period of time.

Hopefully soon, that 25% deal is a must.

I reinstalled steam (moved steamapps out of the folder and then moved it back after installing). And now this happens when I right click Steam on the taskbar.

mU2Jw.jpg

dis sux ._.

When I remove those from the list they are replaced with games that do have icons, I'm not sure why it's doing this but it's annoying.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
This is not a statement I read in the Steam thread very often.
Lack of summer sale has people going bananas!

It's more on newly released games that won't get any discount in Steam summer sale (e.g. Endless Space).

I wonder if Steam will price Witcher 2 at around 9 bucks too like in Nuuvem. Too bad that Nuuvem temporarily closed purchases from outside Brazil.

I reinstalled steam (moved steamapps out of the folder and then moved it back after installing). And now this happens when I right click Steam on the taskbar.

mU2Jw.jpg

dis sux ._.

When I remove those from the list they are replaced with games that do have icons, I'm not sure why it's doing this but it's annoying.

Have you right clicked on each of those games and verified them? You need to do that if you move the steamapps folder and then reinstall Steam.

mU2Jw.jpg

dis sux ._.

you could use cc cleaner to get rid of the start menu items.

mr. grape

Anyone think Alan Wake will be cheaper in the summer sale?

I'd expect it to be cheaper. It won't be much cheaper.. but with how frequently it goes on sale, and for how much it's usually discounted, it's a safe bet that it'll be 75% off as a daily.

There's no risk waiting to see if it's discounted in the summer sale. It goes on sale so often, I'm sure it'll be $10 again.

kamspy

mU2Jw.jpg

dis sux ._.

Clear you Windows Icon Cache. Do some googling. Pretty easy fix. I have to do it every once in a while.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
If the sale ever starts, I'm looking for a game that's perfect for listening to other music while playing. I've just recently been burned out on both WoW and Diablo 3 and now only Civ V remains. What other games should I keep my eyes open for?

MRORANGE

If the sale ever starts, I'm looking for a game that's perfect for listening to other music while playing. I've just recently been burned out on both WoW and Diablo 3 and now only Civ V remains. What other games should I keep my eyes open for?

Audiosurf?

Symphonic

Dotaaaa

Kabouter

The various Paradox interactive grand strategy games (Europa Universalis III, Hearts of Iron 3, Crusader Kings II etc.) are great for that purpose. You can also put your own mp3s into a folder to get custom radio stations for the 3D Grand Theft Auto games. Mount & Blade: Warband is pretty good too for listening to your own music while playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom