• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to keep my expectations low for Big Bo. I had just heard too much. It couldn't be true.

Nope Big Bo is the best. Blew me away.

Also looking through my games and saw I had bought Stubbs forever ago. Awesome. Be jealous.

wazoo

Hello GAF! Just got approved and have been lurking this thread for a bit. Thanks to you guys I've kept up with good deals and recommendations. Just built my first gaming PC on Thursday so I won't be limited by my Macbook anymore. Just in time to join in on the craziness that is this fabled summer sale!

P¨C gaming is crazyness. superior versions that cost nothing. old games that hold well or are modded over time. choice.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Did you see it from the third person perspective on the multiplayer mod? People jumping off is like flying squirrels.

Nah, the MP mod doesn't interest me. At least flying squirrels can accurately get to where they want to go. :p The challenges in the game are annoying; each is a struggle for even a modicum of nuanced control, as Rico tends to just... flop around.

Salsa

Nah, the MP mod doesn't interest me.

tumblr_m6n97qkKx81qzpwi0o1_500.gif

as in: wat

Just finished Witcher 1 (with less than 5crashes vs 30 in 10hours on my old vista pc before giving up).

Gaben needs to hurry up and start these sales so I can jump into Witcher 2.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Alan Wake is the daily deal on Gamersgate. 66% off ($10.18) and also redeems on Steam.

Was gonna get the CE but it won't accept Paypal/CC. Only for the normal edition.

Also no 15% IGN discount, only gives it to you in blue coins. Boo.

Otherwise nice deal.

Edit: After looking at what the CE content actually is I don't care so I'll just get the normal edition.

zkylon

zkylewd
Alan Wake is the daily deal on Gamersgate. 66% off ($10.18) and also redeems on Steam.
Bought with Blue Coins. Thanks!

Idiot me I got the regular edition instead of the CE, and noticed the second I clicked on checkout, but GG really should've asked me to confirm my purchase...

Lucifon

I don't know if this has already been spotted but if you need any more evidence that the Steam Sale is starting next week check the update notes for Flatout 3: Chaos Destruction :

Release notes:

Final additions on Polish translation
3 new cars to support the steam sale
(Rattler, Pink Flamingo, Power Pony )
Czech translations
Integration of new Spanish text strings

Sarcasm

Definitely not worth it to me.

I bought it for around £2 or 3 and have hardly played it. The presentation is horrendous and game it self is pretty average.

I feel the same about L4D..thankfully I got L4D2 in a trade played it and was bored out of my mind.

Nah, the MP mod doesn't interest me. At least flying squirrels can accurately get to where they want to go. :p The challenges in the game are annoying; each is a struggle for even a modicum of nuanced control, as Rico tends to just... flop around.

If you are talking about the race type things where you skydive through the checkpoints I would suggest just skipping them.By far the most difficult challenges in the game and a lot of times it just comes down to luck. Next up would be car races since the cars drift too much and swing too wildly when you make adjustments. Everything else about the game is awesome.

Enco

If you are talking about the race type things where you skydive through the checkpoints I would suggest just skipping them.By far the most difficult challenges in the game and a lot of times it just comes down to luck. Next up would be car races since the cars drift too much and swing too wildly when you make adjustments. Everything else about the game is awesome.
Agreed.

Racing missions in non racing games suck. I have yet to find a decent racing mission in any game I have ever played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom