• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

MNC

Warning: Binary Domain uses the same shitfuck settings as Sonic Generations and as such you will have a hard time running it on dual graphics card laptops.

Edit: Also, not being able to get gifts from GMG is even worse.

Blablurn

Warning: Binary Domain uses the same shitfuck settings as Sonic Generations and as such you will have a hard time running it on dual graphics card laptops.

Edit: Also, not being able to get gifts from GMG is even worse.

i knooow :( encountered the same problem yesterday ffs

Playing Sonic CD for the very first time. Man, we Nintendo kids were missing out... I don't know what we were exactly missing out on... but I'm sure it's there.

Playing Sonic CD for the very first time. Man, we Nintendo kids were missing out... I don't know what we were exactly missing out on... but I'm sure it's there.
As a Sega and Nintendo kid I still missed out. Never got those extra attachments for the Genesis, but in hindsight that's probably for the best. As a kid I'd probably still like S3+K more so no big.

Besides, SNES got the best platforming game of the generation, Yoshi's Island.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
The old Sonic games were some of the best platformers of the 16 bit gen and still stand on their own today.

Too bad Sega lost the plot with the Sonic franchise and now all they do is churn out mediocre games and appeal to furries.

1-D_FTW

Did they start offering TF2 items for Dishonored or something? It just shot up the top seller list. I looked a few hours ago and it wasn't in the top 20 and now it's #5. It's about time it started getting some attention.

Annnd there it is. I knew people wouldn't just preorder an awesome looking game unless it started offering stupid crap.

Why would anyone pre-order anything from Steam if it weren't for those bonuses? GMG offers Steam keys and 20 - 25 percent off pre-orders. It's a minor miracle that anyone is foolish enough to pre-order anything from Steam that doesn't have TF2 items.

Played the Shad'O demo. It's decent but very limited graphics option ("Resolution" and "Quality", no AA in any imaginable way) and the unappealing aesthetics make this a hard sell at full price. Doesn't help that it's just a TD game with some shallow light/dark mechanic, which is basically just fog of war. Christmas sale fodder for me but if you're aching for a TD game, go for it.

As a Sega and Nintendo kid I still missed out. Never got those extra attachments for the Genesis, but in hindsight that's probably for the best. As a kid I'd probably still like S3+K more so no big.

Besides, SNES got the best platforming game of the generation, Yoshi's Island.

Well, that goes without saying.

Fireblend

Banned
Rkh8F.png

Welp, look at what you guys made me do =/
I do love 80% off discounts <3

Derrick01

Banned
Why would anyone pre-order anything from Steam if it weren't for those bonuses? GMG offers Steam keys and 20 - 25 percent off pre-orders. It's a minor miracle that anyone is foolish enough to pre-order anything from Steam that doesn't have TF2 items.

Yeah this is true really. Only reason I'm preordering XCom from Steam is because GMG dick punched us Americans by making vouchers not work on it. And I'm not happy about it either since I have to spend more now.

But hey at least I get a bunch of useless TF2 crap!!!

Alienups

Why on earth is Shogun 2 30gb ? :eek:

Also, some of the TF2 pre-order items can be quite valuable.

The Merc's pride scarf that came with Football Manager 2012 is worth 17keys/25USD for example. That's not exactly useless.

All the codes were used way before the Twitter giveaway even started because they posted Youtube video with the codes couple of minutes earlier, and the codes were used in seconds after that.

They youtube codes are different from the twitter ones.

EDIT: Guess I was wrong. You should probably check their facebook https://www.facebook.com/officialhalfminutehero as well then, since the vid will be posted there in advance.

EDIT2: Or just directly check their youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/ultimatehalfminute. The next vid will be posted 10 AM PST.

Finished Bastion.

Good game for the most part, except for that last level with the
shitty battering ram
. The combat isn't that deep and tends to get messy from time to time but there's a great variety of weapons, upgrades, special attacks and passive skills. I liked the presentation and story way better, though. It's rather unique in this regard, with the narrator, and made it way more enjoyable than it should have been. As weird as that sounds.

I think I'll stick around some more for (end-spoiler)
New Game+ and to level up and complete everything. Might even activate a god or two

Really looking forward to Supergiant's next game.

daxy

Don't know if it's been posted but there's a pretty good deal going here http://getloadedgo.com/

Pick any two games, pay 12 euros. Perhaps good for those who missed out on Binary Domain from GMG?

Games are:

Binary Domain
Arkham City Goatee Edition (doesn't activate on Steam, by the looks of it)
Men of War Assault Squad
Civ V (base game)
Warhammer 40K Space Marine
Stronghold 3 Gold

Offer ends in two days.

Having bought games there before, I got the key either instantly or within minutes and no problems on Steam, of course.

If you're eyeing that copy of Arkham City, their downloading program is similar to what gog.com uses and I haven't had any issues with it. Quick and works as it should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom