• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
sure, but I wanna play it with my friend tonight

I dont like the price but I want the game, hence the fourpack, wich is a better deal

game should cost 10 bucks with a 10 percent discount, meaning 9 for now. Fourpack comes down to 11 bucks if im not mistaken. I'll deal.
Force him to not play it.

legacyzero

Banned
SOOOOO gonna buy Sleeping Dogs

Steam right? I know whoever posted it in this thread it's required, but just making sure :)

I've been burned before.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm now a proud owner of Sonic the Hedgehog: Compact Disc Edition. I'm tempted on Binary Domain and Sonic Generations, but that would be too much money for me.

Nabs

I'm now a proud owner of Sonic the Hedgehog: Compact Disc Edition. I'm tempted on Binary Domain and Sonic Generations, but that would be too much money for me.

Sonic Generations PC (60fps/1080p) is great. I've seen it as cheap as 10 bucks, so I'd recommend waiting on a sale.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Sonic Generations PC (60fps/1080p) is great. I've seen it as cheap as 10 bucks, so I'd recommend waiting on a sale.
Yeah, tomorrow it'll have a 75% sale on GMG, so it'll be 7.5 bucks. And with the 20%-off voucher, it should come down to $6.

I'd really like to get it, but I've just bought JSR 2 days ago, and now Sonic CD.

catabarez

Yeah, tomorrow it'll have a 75% sale on GMG, so it'll be 7.5 bucks. And with the 20%-off voucher, it should come down to $6.

I'd really like to get it, but I've just bought JSR 2 days ago, and now Sonic CD.

Can't go wrong for 6 bucks. I loved that game.

Nabs

nike-swoosh-logo5if9x.jpg

Crub

I noticed ArmA II no loner is in the top 10. Must be the first time since it got there.

Lol at Black Ops MAC being completely separate from the Windows version. Activision going to Activision, indeed.

Pretty sure Valve have had rules against Mac versions being sold individually. Unless they made an exception with BLOPS we will probably see a lot of Mac ports in the coming months.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Haha, love it when you guys try (most of the times successfully) to convince people to buy more games! Bear in mind that what costs a dollar for you lucky Americans, here in Argentina is worth 6 times that (damn exchange rates), and the average salary is less than 1200 bucks :p

But I'll probably get it, if only to calm my GAF conscience (?)

Does anyone know how mods could affect my save file in Torchlight (1)?

I just found a "More Stash" mod. If I remove the mod later will it give me any problem?

I just download 13gigs to try out MW3 because why not, I enjoyed and played a lot of CoD 4 back in the days and I was gettign curious if the game was worth trying

13 gigs

first game

hacker with aim bot

host quits the game

I try another game

two hacker with aim bots and probably wall hacker or some sort of trackers

this fucking game I can't believe it how is this a promotion at all ? Back to BF3 for now

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
This part caught my attention:

Rocksmith™ is the first and only game that you can plug into any real guitar or bass with a 1/4" output jack.
How will the minigames work with only 4 strings instead of 6? I'd get it if I could get a hold of the cable for a reasonable price. And it would also be a nice way to practice my bass skills that, to put it elegantly, totally and completely suck.

Derrick01

Banned
Did they start offering TF2 items for Dishonored or something? It just shot up the top seller list. I looked a few hours ago and it wasn't in the top 20 and now it's #5. It's about time it started getting some attention.

spindoctor said:
The Dishonored pre-order on Steam now has TF2 items.

Annnd there it is. I knew people wouldn't just preorder an awesome looking game unless it started offering stupid crap.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Ether Vapor Remaster, a shmup, is now on Steam.

I'd like to hear your impressions if you get around to this anytime soon. I usually jump at any Japanese STG that releases on Steam, but I'm not feeling the footage I'm watching on Youtube. Using different perspectives seems a little weird too.

I'd like to hear your impressions if you get around to this anytime soon. I usually jump at any Japanese STG that releases on Steam, but I'm not feeling the footage I'm watching on Youtube. Using different perspectives seems a little weird too.

There's a demo also.

I played it for a bit and the different perspectives aren't bad. It changed to something like Rez or Sin & Punishment for a little bit and was neat. Supports the 360 controller and I didn't have to configure anything. Resolution only goes up to 1600x1200 and I'm not seeing a file to configure it higher.

jediyoshi

Weird. Vindictus, the Nexon F2P game, used to have players who bought their premium currency have to add credits to Steam wallet and then buy it with that. Now it just redirects to Nexon's site so people buy directly from them.

Exuro

Weird. Vindictus, the Nexon F2P game, used to have players who bought their premium currency have to add credits to Steam wallet and then buy it with that. Now it just redirects to Nexon's site so people buy directly from them.
Interesting, although Valve and Nexon are pretty tight so to speak. I wonder if other titles have had this changed. Would certainly bring in more MMO games like
GW2.

iavi

Wasn't this EA's issue?

Interesting to see that Valve might have let up.

Psy-Phi

Did they start offering TF2 items for Dishonored or something? It just shot up the top seller list. I looked a few hours ago and it wasn't in the top 20 and now it's #5. It's about time it started getting some attention.

Annnd there it is. I knew people wouldn't just preorder an awesome looking game unless it started offering stupid crap.

Eh...no real reason to pre-order is there? There's no discount, no pre-release play. If you thought you'd buy it day 1 and they start offering stupid shit that you want...that's enough to push some people to buy it.

I'm likely buying an X-com pre-order for the stupid shit it comes with. Was going to just wait, but they added the things. (I may still wait though, as much as I'd like the classic soldier look and TF2 items, still want to see impressions from the final release from people -- the demo isn't glowing).

Ledsen

It was okay.

Certainly the best Sonic game in a while and certainly worth 6 bucks

but nothing too special

Oh, but it is... Dare I say Generations is... the best Sonic game EVER? And I'm saying this as a guy who played through Sonic 1-3 and Generations for the first time pretty close together. Haven't played CD yet though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom