• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

xJavonta

Banned
I went in to the demo knowing it was just tutorial crap and the first really basic mission so I didn't freak out like a lot of others did but I really liked how it played and was especially surprised how well it works on the controller. I just preordered it about 20 minutes ago so I've got that and Dishonored paid off. If GMG doesn't screw me on the Dishonored key I should have a pretty awesome October 9th.
Yeah I went in not knowing what X-Com was and was plesantly surprised. I'm thinking of grabbing it soon, especially with the Civ 5 free deal

PaulLFC

Get Games are doing 2 for £10 on some recent games, most are Steamworks:

Binary Domain (Steamworks)
Space Marine (Steamworks)
Stronghold 3 Gold (Steamworks)
Men of War: Assault Squad GOTY (Steamworks)
Batman Arkham City GOTY
Civilization V (Steamworks)

Link

Arkham City isn't Steamworks, the rest seem to be though.

The only two I don't have are Stronghold 3 and Men of War Assault Squad - are they worth a fiver each?

I have a steam code for civilization 5...does anyone want to trade for a Dark Souls code? Actually, I'd trade for a few things (steam wise) let me know gaf :)

Finished Binary Domain.

I feel sorry for anybody who listened to reviews and didn't get to enjoy this. 360 pad is almost mandatory but if you can look past that it's one hell of a ride.

Shooting feels very good and it does the "tactical dismemberment" mechanic even better than Dead Space IMO. What sets it apart from most TPS are the absolutely insane boss-fights but I don't want to spoil any since they have to be experienced first-hand. Something I liked as well was the loyalty system and the alternate scenes. From time to time you get to choose your squad members while the others take an alternative path and it reflects in the scenes you get and also the ending (there are 3 of them in total, afaik).

Graphics-wise it's nothing fancy but it looks very clean and the enemy designs are fantastic. Some characters have a serious case of ugly and look a bit shiny but other than that I liked the look of the game, especially with everything turned up. Also FOV options!

Surprisingly, I enjoyed the story a lot. On the surface it's just a run-off-the-mill action-thriller but I liked the philosophical undertones on the meaning of life, evolution etc. even though they failed to expand on them a bit more. The characters, or should I say the banter between them, is great though. Espeically Big Bo made me laugh every time he opened his mouth :lol

I'm sure I'll play it again, not for the achievements (because fuck multiplayer achievements) but to go through the levels with different characters.

All in all, a great game and it makes me a bit sad that we probably won't see a sequel to this, could have been interesting judging from the post-credits scene.

daevv

Steam noob here!

I'm looking for Steam only games that you would recommend. Love indie games and the like but bigger budget suggestions are welcome. I only have a handful of games that include FTL: Faster Than Light, The Binding of Issac, and the ones in the Humble Bundle 6. I've joined the Neogaf Steam group too. Thx!

Anybody know/remember how long it took for Thief Gold and II to come from GOG to Steam? The Legacy of Kain games (except for Blood Omen 2 for some reason) are on sale over there but I'd rather have them on Steam.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Anybody know/remember how long it took for Thief Gold and II to come from GOG to Steam? The Legacy of Kain games (except for Blood Omen 2 for some reason) are on sale over there but I'd rather have them on Steam.

Roughly four months, if my cursory GS is correct.

Shantom

Steam noob here!

I'm looking for Steam only games that you would recommend. Love indie games and the like but bigger budget suggestions are welcome. I only have a handful of games that include FTL: Faster Than Light, The Binding of Issac, and the ones in the Humble Bundle 6. I've joined the Neogaf Steam group too. Thx!

Do you mean PC only or Steam only?

iNvid02

2 games for £10/$16 at getgamesgo

binary domain - steamworks
men of war assault squad goty - steamworks
civilization v - steamworks
stronghold 3 gold edition - steamworks
warhammer 40k space marine - steamworks

arkham city goty - standard drm

Nabs

arkham city goty - standard drm

Thanks for the keys, got em all. You can edit 'em out now.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Hey guys I just found a fresh new deal:

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Hey guys I just found a fresh new deal:

But what about Arkham City GOTYE Edition? Is it Steamworks? It's on their site.

Fuck it, I'll take the hit.

Edit: =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom