• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Motorola and HTC then? or does LucasArts only care if it's used in an entertainment context?

Verizon licensed the use of the term "Droid" from Lucasarts for their line of phones. They probably decided it would cost too much money to fight it.

It sucks. It'll basically never be challenged, especially now, because Disney has so much money.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Wow. From Amazon DVG Deals aka Tony on CAG.

To sum it up, Amazon just got these 8 games from MS, ALL of them activate on Steam, and all will be in a promo soon:
Age of Empires III Complete Collection
Fable III
Fable: The Lost Chapters
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
Mark of the Ninja
DEADLIGHT
Iron Brigade
Toy Soldiers

I'd be very happy if they either discounted Deadlight and Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet by themselves A LOT or made them a bundle along with Fables, because those are the only games I either don't have or really want (Don't really want the Fables, but I'd buy them if in a bundle with the other two games).

Here's hoping!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Puddle is the Daily at half off ($4.99). Great timing too as it wasn't discounted during the Winter Sale.

fihfaohfahsflsanflk

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I just finished Spec Ops: The Line and you guys are waay over exaggerating the gameplay.

Thoroughly enjoyable.

I've referred to it as mediocre rather than painful or bad, but to be fair the third person shooter genre is pretty crowded at this point, so people have fairly high expectations. "Average" is sometimes not enough when the competition is so good. But again, Spec Ops is a game where you tolerate the mechanics to experience the story, atmosphere, presentation and all that. It's like a reverse Max Payne 3.

HoosTrax

Verizon licensed the use of the term "Droid" from Lucasarts for their line of phones. They probably decided it would cost too much money to fight it.

It sucks. It'll basically never be challenged, especially now, because Disney has so much money.
Ugh wow.

---

Puddle looks kind of reminiscent of Vessel.

nexen

Yeah, if Disney hears about this game, which they may not, I expect it to be pulled from Steam and/or renamed. Disney can be brutal with trademark protection.

I think I might buy this game just because of this.

JaseC

Yeah, if Disney hears about this game, which they may not, I expect it to be pulled from Steam and/or renamed. Disney can be brutal with trademark protection.

I think the game is safe as Disney Interactive has made it abundantly clear it has no idea what Steam is.

Wok

Puddle is the Daily at half off ($4.99). Great timing too as it wasn't discounted during the Winter Sale.

fihfaohfahsflsanflk

I have already bought it on GOG during the Winter sales... Why -50% on GOG and no discount on Steam? Just to make a one-day sale after the Winter sales...

JaseC

I have already bought it on GOG during the Winter sales... Why -50% on GOG and no discount on Steam? Just to make a one-day sale after the Winter sales...

I assume GoG's sale largely overlapping with Steam's played into the decision.

I'm getting Grim Fandango vibes out of this one:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/220090 The Journey Down

Just released. Did anyone play it? Any thoughts?

I'm trying not to buy anything until STRIKE SUIT ZERO (in caps!) comes on Jan 24th, but before the badass transformable mechas side-stepping missile barrages and unleashing their own come, I wouldn't mind a traditional adventure.

I know the Steam motto should be "just buy everything" but, hey, wouldn't hurt to ask for some additional feedback, right?

Wok

I'm getting Grim Fandango vibes out of this one:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/220090 The Journey Down

Just released. Did anyone play it? Any thoughts?

I'm trying not to buy anything until STRIKE SUIT ZERO (in caps!) comes on Jan 24th, but before the badass transformable mechas side-stepping missile barrages and unleashing their own come, I wouldn't mind a traditional adventure.

I know the Steam motto should be "just buy everything" but, hey, wouldn't hurt to ask for some additional feedback, right?

It was in an Indie Royale bundle and in an Indie Game Stand offer.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Vulture-capitalist protip: gift a few copies of the game to yourself then contact Disney's lawyers.

Wait for it to be taken down and get that copy of Far Cry 3 you've somehow frothed yourself up about.

Nabs

The Game of Life, Risk and Battleship added to the registry. I'm guessing more Popcap shit?

JaseC

Did IndieRoyale ever give out Steam keys retroactively?

Not yet; I just found my order confirmation e-mail and the key page only lists a Desura key and a direct download link. Also, the Desura page for the game makes no mention of a free Steam key (unlike Postal 2).

Edit: D'oh, I misread your post; I thought your were referring to TJD specifically.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
a steam code for Towns was also added to the "Alpha Bundle", can't remember if there where more...

kafiend

I had this happen with one of the Be Mine bundles the Alpha Bundle and Towns. :( These days I buy every indie bundle, just in case.

Yeah its a good idea to lurk in the Indie Bundle thread to keep an eye on this. Steam keys being added tend to get spotted by someone :)

Here's a couple from the thread. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=467760

Quick notice for those who bought the Indie Royale May Hurray Bundle:
Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space now has a Steam key. Check your collection page.

Also, I noticed that Dead Pixels was added to Steam. If IR keeps up this trend, we might eventually see a Steam key for it in the Graduation bundle.

Dead Pixels Steam keys have just been added to the Graduation Bundle.

Edit: added thread link. oops!

derExperte

They did for Dead Pixels in the Graduation Bundle.

Goood, goood.

Oh and while I'm asking questions, has anyone gotten the rest of the keys for the Bethesda bundle from GamersGate already? I sent some of them to myself as gifts in case they remove the bundle and now I'm wondering if that's a problem or if everyone else is still waiting.

Oh hey, I got my cheap Cargo Commander code.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
In a perfect world, Steam would expand its film selection beyond IGTM and the Dota 2 doco*, and Saoirse Ronan's filmography would be among the first releases.

* NYR.
I've never seen any of her movies, to be honest. Do you recommend any?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Will bundle purchasers be given a Steam key?

http://www.skygoblin.com/2013/journey-down-on-steam/

If you’ve already got a copy of the game for PC, Mac or Linux, you can send us an email with your receipt and we’ll do our very best to get you a Steam key as soon as possible. If you got the game from IndieRoyale or IndieGameStand we will send your key automagically, just be patient :)

So hopefully sometime soon. I'd like to play it, but I keep forgetting about it :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom