• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JakeD

did anyone else who owned Teleglitch (but not the DLC) get the Guns and Tunes pack added to their account? or did this hacker somehow accidentally activate it on my account... i didnt even beat the average...WTF

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
'good' is completely subjective. There are no facts that can prove something 'good' or 'bad'. The facts show that it is popular and that many people like it, which is all I intended to show.

edit: I loved Avatar. Good movie.

You can objectively determine if something is good or bad, though. You just have to remove yourself from the experience.

That's why I always have fun telling people Garhasp is objectively better than God of War.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just remember to back up your saves and you should finish it in far less time. ;)

Yeah I'm kind of worried about that as well. I saw that Amazon has the game for $24.99 after coupon for a Steam key, but I had a question:

Do I need to know the story line of 1-3 to play 4, or will I be lost? My daughter is a huge fan and has played all of these a million times over so I guess I could ask her about anything that I'm lost about. I played the first one and liked it, but lost interest in 2 and it's millions of pseudo-sequels. I played about 1 hour of 3 before realizing it was boring as hell.

But I like pirates and I think it looks pretty awesome. I'm thinking of skipping the others and getting into this one.

PriitV

Do I need to know the story line of 1-3 to play 4, or will I be lost?

But I like pirates and I think it looks pretty awesome. I'm thinking of skipping the others and getting into this one.
I hadn't played anything past the first one back in 2008 and I didn't feel like I missed out on anything what happened between. Pull the trigger and enjoy, I know I did :)

Jawmuncher

I think Bethesda games are best enjoyed by people who like to use their imagination to meet games halfway. They are the closest things to modern Ultimas to me - the worlds feel more alive and free than any other games I play and that makes them ideal for this purpose, so I can forgive the rough bits.

I think that's my problem. I lack imagination for the most part while playing games. This is one of the reasons why I can't at all enjoy games that require it. Such as minecraft.

If she looked like this:

But in-game she looks like this:

I don't like the neither the old model, nor the definitive version one.

I'll give you that. If she looked like the artwork everything would be A-OK.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah I'm kind of worried about that as well. I saw that Amazon has the game for $24.99 after coupon for a Steam key, but I had a question:

Do I need to know the story line of 1-3 to play 4, or will I be lost? My daughter is a huge fan and has played all of these a million times over so I guess I could ask her about anything that I'm lost about. I played the first one and liked it, but lost interest in 2 and it's millions of pseudo-sequels.

The information you uncover throughout your covert hacking of Abstergo ruins the end of AssCreed 3 but that's about it -- the Kenway stuff is set before AssCreed 3's Colonial America. Narratively speaking Black Flag and the previous games are not intertwined much at all.

Teleglitch Guns and Tunes DLC - Retail

The bundle includes it:

Pay $6 or more to unlock these games!
Teleglitch: Die More Edition Guns and Tunes

Edit: Oh, wait, I misread your earlier post. Yeah, that is weird, haha.

Really? All empty like that? I got bored after 2 minutes of stepping out from the Vault.

Still pops the game from time to time though for its walking simulator function.
You gotta fight boredom with boredom sometimes.

See to me it wasn't empty. Stepping out of the vault, eyes are getting used to the sun, seeing things off in the distance I know I'll be exploring. Yeah it was a fantastic moment for me. It was right there that I knew I would enjoy my time in the Capitol Wasteland.

JakeD

]The bundle includes it:

Edit: Oh, wait, I misread your earlier post. Yeah, that is weird, haha.

yeah, i submitted a ticket to steam support to let them know. it's one thing to mess with my humble but once it actually affects my steam account i get nervous.

in my humble account, my Roguelike bundle looks normal (not BTA), it's not like he got in and raised my purchase price or anything

fantomena

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definition of Definitive
STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - WE DEMAND SEGA GAMES
STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - SAGA
STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Michael Jackson of gaming

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Jawmuncher

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - DINO CRISIS IS FINALLY ON STEAMJFHSOIEHFISHEFIOHASDILJFOJHFGUHSDUFOE

_____________________________________________________________________-

In a serious note i'm in the planing stages of pushing an initiative to get that to happen.
I'll wait until after RE4HD releases and the current sega movement is over with.

Played couple of minutes of Outlast and boom, a screamer. A+ horror screaming BOOOOO louder than your headphones are equipped to sound. Wow such scare.

I was considering Contrast until I realized I have it for free on the PS4 and that by the summer it'll be on a much bigger sale than $5.64. I would've bit on $3.75 but they had no more keys left when that sale was in place.

JaseC

New release:

$14.99.

Edit: 30% off ($10.49) for a week.

I used that 66% steam coupon way back in the day. Traded 1 refined metal for it.

66% off would be perfect as it'd knock the game down to around $8.80 in Russialand, but alas Acti doesn't seem interested in giving the older Call of Duty games a generous discount these days.

Jawmuncher

Did Nordic get the rights to "The Outfit" or did that go to Relic/Sega?
I ask because that was a pretty fun game and I think would benefit from a cheap release on steam. I think it's relics only game to never come out on PC.

FloatOn

New release:

$14.99.

boss doggie simulator?

ss_987d9ef37459540236fe97aa98647344439ac282.1920x1080.jpg

please don't ban me for this....

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
New release:

$14.99.

66% off would be perfect as it'd knock the game down to around $8.80 in Russialand, but alas Acti doesn't seem interested in giving the older Call of Duty games a generous discount these days.

i hate myself for it, but I cant see the word Guise without thinking:

SRSLY_16d898_2336229.gif

I hate the internet :(

JaseC

Did Nordic get the rights to "The Outfit" or did that go to Relic/Sega?
I ask because that was a pretty fun game and I think would benefit from a cheap release on steam. I think it's relics only game to never come out on PC.

Yeah, Nordic has The Outfit as well as a ton of other stuff in addition to Darksiders, Red Faction and MX vs ATV:

All Star Cheer Squad
Elements of Destruction
All Star Cheer Squad 2
Fantastic Pets
All Star Karate
Frontlines: Fuel of War
Baja: Edge of Control
Full Spectrum Warrior 1
Battle of the Bands
Full Spectrum Warrior 2: Ten Hammers
Beat City
Juiced
Big Beach Sports
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights
Big Beach Sports 2
Lock's Quest: Construction Combat
Big Family Games
Neighborhood Games
Crawler
Pax Imperia
de Blob
Stuntman: Ignition
de Blob 2
Summoner
Deadly Creatures
Summoner 2
Deep Six
Terranium
Destroy All Humans!
The Outfit
Destroy All Humans! 2
Titan Quest
Destroy All Humans! Big Willy Unleashed
Titan Quest: Immortal Throne
Destroy All Humans! Path of the Furon
uDraw
Dood's Big Adventure
World of Zoo

Licensed Software
Costume Quest
Scripps Spelling Bee (Scripps)
Daniel X (SueJack)
Sherlock Holmes and the Mystery of Osborne House
Deepak Chopra's Leela (Curious Holdings)
Stacking
Fancy Nancy: Tea Party Time! (Harper Collins)
Supreme Commander
Jeopardy
Supreme Commander Forged Alliance
Jeopardy 2
The Biggest Loser
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Truth or Lies
Let's Ride Best of Breed
Vampire Legends: Power of Three (dtp)
Marvel Super Hero Squad: Comic Combat
Wheel of Fortune
Marvel Super Hero Squad: The Infinity Gauntlet
Wheel of Fortune 2
Marvel Super Hero Squad: The Infinity Gauntlet 2
World of Zoo
Nancy Drew: The Hidden Staircase
Worms 2
Nexuiz
Worms Battle Islands
Paws & Claws Marine Rescue
Worms Open Warfare
Paws & Claws Pampered Pets Resort 3D
Worms: A Space Oddity
PurrPals 2
Worms: Open Warfare 2 (Team 17)
Rio
You Don't Know Jack (Jellyvision)
Rocket Riot
Screwjumper (Frozen Codebase)
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...auction-darksiders-red-faction-homeworld.aspx

Copons

Tonight is the night...

...I'm gonna build the PC!
Everything is here, my cat hasn't stopped sniffing the cardboard box, in a few minutes I'm gonna start dusting the square meter around the place I'm gonna put it (the PC, not the cat).

I'm super tense, as I don't build anything since I was 10, and it was a maze made of Lego to trap inside my dear old hamster. It worked for some time, but then he peed in it and suddenly realized that there was no ceiling, so he just hopped over the wall and got the fuck out of there.
Probably building the PC will be easier, but I just hope I won't trap the cat inside by mistake, because I don't think she'll appreciate at all my complete lack of clues in cable management.

(Also, it will be extremely underwhelming, because I won't get the GPU until Sunday, so until then I'll be forced to play some random DOS game with the embedded Intel HD 4600. :D)

FloatOn

Tonight is the night...

...I'm gonna build the PC!
Everything is here, my cat hasn't stopped sniffing the cardboard box, in a few minutes I'm gonna start dusting the square meter around the place I'm gonna put it (the PC, not the cat).

I'm super tense, as I don't build anything since I was 10, and it was a maze made of Lego to trap inside my dear old hamster. It worked for some time, but then he peed in it and suddenly realized that there was no ceiling, so he just hopped over the wall and got the fuck out of there.
Probably building the PC will be easier, but I just hope I won't trap the cat inside by mistake, because I don't think she'll appreciate at all my complete lack of clues in cable management.

(Also, it will be extremely underwhelming, because I won't get the GPU until Sunday, so until then I'll be forced to play some random DOS game with the embedded Intel HD 4600. :D)

you better finish dark souls

ZeroCoin

Another giveaway before the new thread.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Binding of Isaac Plus Wrath of the Lamb DLC -- MB-421659BC6F36CAD8 - Taken by schuey7. 2 entrants total.

t1390586348z1.png

DocSeuss

'good' is completely subjective. There are no facts that can prove something 'good' or 'bad'. The facts show that it is popular and that many people like it, which is all I intended to show.

edit: I loved Avatar. Good movie.

Uh.

"Good" is cultural.

"Like" is personal.

Good is culturally objective, while like is personally subjective. We have these words for a reason; please use them appropriately. Don't get caught up in post-modernist nonsense about how it's all subjective; it isn't.

JaseC

I can't be the only one that thinks this looks seriously awesome.

I wasn't interested at 299 Rupees but with the 30% early bird discount I'll probably bite. I also need to pick up Loadout and Rekoil, too (the former because it's going F2P in a week and the latter because I want the pre-purchase DLC).

Edit: The aforementioned Car Mechanic Simulator is up. 25% off for the first week ($15).

Why the heck does Metal Gear Rising have so many damn optional codec conversations?

The obsessive side of me wants to hear them all but most of them are....boring and very long winded.

Fuck it, the gameplay is good enough - time to ignore :p

nexen

Uh.

"Good" is cultural.

"Like" is personal.

Good is culturally objective, while like is personally subjective. We have these words for a reason; please use them appropriately. Don't get caught up in post-modernist nonsense about how it's all subjective; it isn't.

What a load of rubbish.

The definition you've posited for 'good' is redefining the term to have a narrower meaning than it has.
Good means 'to be desired or approved of'. It does not state anything else. As you've stated it, 'good' would be a popularity contest which was definitely not what morningbus meant and that was obvious from his post.

Regardless, the values of a culture are also subjective. Slavery was 'good' just a few hundred years ago.

Because it's a Metal Gear game.

I guess it's good for those fans (not that I don't like the MGS series), but the way I'm constantly bringing up conversations at the moment feels like a really weird contrast to the actual pace of the gameplay.

Might just not bother with them from now on and go for that achievement on a potential future playthrough.

I'm not going to miss anything important story wise by skipping them am I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom