• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

denx

The FAQ also states you cannot add a gift to your profile, so if your friend has an Indie Gala account already and you just want to buy it for them probably better just to use their email.

I did that and it worked, thanks. Gift system on Indie Gala is kinda crap tho.

btw, what games from that bundle are worth having?

Tellaerin

I did that and it worked, thanks. Gift system on Indie Gala is kinda crap tho.

btw, what games from that bundle are worth having?

I've heard good things about Tales of Maj'Eyal, and of course Deadly Premonition. The others I don't know about yet. (Grabbed the bundle for DP, myself. Everything else is just a bonus. Haven't really had the chance to check any of the stuff out yet. : / )

Megasoum

Banned
Now Available on Steam - Car Mechanic Simulator 2014 - 25% off: #SteamNewRelease bit.ly/1iuhzTW

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Someone somewhere must be thinking that, surely

You laugh but I actually really want to play that lol. I remember having a ton of fun with a game called Gearhead Garage like 10-15years ago.

DasFool

GAF, help me decide. The two games I most want to play are Resident Evil 4 and Might and Magic X. However, I only have enough money for one of them. Note that I have never played RE4 on anything and am a huge fan of the classic M&M. Do I:

a) Buy RE4
b) Buy M&M X
c) Wait until a sale and buy both

GAF, help me decide. The two games I most want to play are Resident Evil 4 and Might and Magic X. However, I only have enough money for one of them. Note that I have never played RE4 on anything and am a huge fan of the classic M&M. Do I:

a) Buy RE4
b) Buy M&M X

giphy.gif

C is for cookie, that's good enough for me!

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I got a message back from Steam Support over my missing copy of Half-Life.

To paraphrase "You must have logged into the wrong account, try again".

Thanks Valve, a lot of help you are.

That really sucks. I just looked and thankfully it's still in my library. However, when I look at the section for friends who also own it, it doesn't list you. :(

Khronico

a) Buy RE4
b) Buy M&M X

Always C. ALWAYS.

Dr Dogg

Hahaha are they assuming you have more than one account? Or if by random chance you managed to guess someone's account credentials without a hitch?

I somehow suspect that there's a massive level of automation at Steam's customer support and that might be a scripted or machine answer.

Grief.exe

a) Buy RE4
b) Buy M&M X

The RE4 port is looking pretty damn awesome

Check out the trailer in 60 FPS and tell me you aren't sold

http://static.capcom.com/unity/RE4HDPC_ESRB.mp4

I'm actually going to watch it again right now.

Grief.exe

I usually advocate waiting for the seals, but in the case of RE4, I'm just waiting to see if I can GMG it with 25% off code.

GMG tweeted out that they probably won't be getting keys for that one. No harm in waiting though.

RE4 is one of the greatest games of all time and should be experienced by all.

This is looking like the definitive version. The only thing missing is Specular Highlights aka makes textures look slimy.

• 60 FPS (Potentially >60)
  • downsampling
  • mouse controls in the game, menus, and inventory (full controller support if you desire)
  • Steam Achievements and Trading Cards
  • high-res textures Look at the sweater

Shawn6661

a) Buy RE4
b) Buy M&M X

C obviously !

JakeD

humble got back to me regarding my hacking. they say it was basically just an hacker who had access to my account for at least 10 days, and the only thing they did was redeem my unredeemed codes to my own steam account (i had one LOTRO key i hadn't redeemed)

then they accidentally gifted me a game from someone elses humble account they hacked. the teleglitch DLC thing is still a mystery.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
All these simulators being released, all the success of Kerbal Space Program, and yet I still don't have a submarine ship building simulator.

I want to build a screen door on a submarine!

GMG tweeted out that they probably won't be getting keys for that one. No harm in waiting though.

This is looking like the definitive version. The only thing missing is Specular Highlights aka makes textures look slimy.

• 60 FPS (Potentially >60)
  • downsampling
  • mouse controls in the game, menus, and inventory (full controller support if you desire)
  • Steam Achievements and Trading Cards
  • high-res textures http://i.minus.com/ibdZ3csHUnCbzo.png

Mouse controls? That doesn't sound like a plus to me... :p
Maybe Durante or someone who's good with that sort of thing can get specular highlights in via a shader or something? We can hope.

Even if I don't get it through GMG, maybe I'll just look at amazon as an option -- I get 3x rewards points there and I have a possible giftcard incoming for Amazon anyway. Unless they're not getting keys either. :lol

you will take your car crashing simulator and like it

http://store.steampowered.com/app/263760

I thought this was going to link to Next Car Game... I was very wrong.

Li Kao

Tonight is the night...

...I'm gonna build the PC!
Everything is here, my cat hasn't stopped sniffing the cardboard box, in a few minutes I'm gonna start dusting the square meter around the place I'm gonna put it (the PC, not the cat).

I'm super tense, as I don't build anything since I was 10, and it was a maze made of Lego to trap inside my dear old hamster. It worked for some time, but then he peed in it and suddenly realized that there was no ceiling, so he just hopped over the wall and got the fuck out of there.
Probably building the PC will be easier, but I just hope I won't trap the cat inside by mistake, because I don't think she'll appreciate at all my complete lack of clues in cable management.

(Also, it will be extremely underwhelming, because I won't get the GPU until Sunday, so until then I'll be forced to play some random DOS game with the embedded Intel HD 4600. :D)

This was brilliant. I must say that when I see a post by Copons, I'm almost assured to chuckle. Thank you for that :)

Tonight is the night...

Everything is here, my cat hasn't stopped sniffing the cardboard box, in a few minutes I'm gonna start dusting the square meter around the place I'm gonna put it (the PC, not the cat).

I'm super tense, as I don't build anything since I was 10, and it was a maze made of Lego to trap inside my dear old hamster. It worked for some time, but then he peed in it and suddenly realized that there was no ceiling, so he just hopped over the wall and got the fuck out of there.
Probably building the PC will be easier, but I just hope I won't trap the cat inside by mistake, because I don't think she'll appreciate at all my complete lack of clues in cable management.

(Also, it will be extremely underwhelming, because I won't get the GPU until Sunday, so until then I'll be forced to play some random DOS game with the embedded Intel HD 4600. :D)

If you need help we have a PC thread. Last time I built mine I thought I cracked the CPU while placing it in the socket and I almost fainted.

Don't forget to post pics too once it's over!

HoosTrax

Seems kind of random for Beat Hazard to get a new set of achievements all of a sudden. Must be some DLC or content update that I hadn't heard about.

FloatOn

In two hours Calaca's ass is grass

aka beating Guacamelee. aka the game that Shanked Shank. Klei should make Shank 3 or Mark of the Ninja 2 a metroidvania.

didamangi

Tonight is the night...

Congrats on the new PC, assembling your own PC is a wonderfully awesome feeling.
Also you maybe surprised what games you can actually play with the HD 4600 :)

yoshizzle

Seems kind of random for Beat Hazard to get a new set of achievements all of a sudden. Must be some DLC or content update that I hadn't heard about.

Looks like some DLC is coming. From the developer:
Starg said:
The DLC is in Beta so I've added the achievements so we can test them.
It's sort of nice that you can see something as a bit of a teaser!
The DLC is nearly done, but I've not talked to Valve about a release date. I still think there's a few weeks of polish work/testing to do, and then Valve will assign a release date down the road from that.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/49600/discussions/0/558746088867309104/#c558746088943117321

Tenrius

The console version of RE4 HD had some really horrible textures here and there (castle walls, for example, and many more). I assume it's not going to be fixed for the PC release?

Sony left us confused after their Indie conference in November (?).

Console Exclusive
PS4 Exclusive
Sony Exclusive

You had to be careful since the former actually meant it was coming to PC.

I don't remember any indie conference from them, but ever since the PS4 announcement through Gamescom they've been pushing certain games to associate them with the brand.

Like Transistor. It'll come to PC, but in every coverage it's always just PS4. I remember at one point Kasavin had to point out that it's coming to PC too :lol

So people thought the pic Blow posted last year was from the supposed Sony VR?

Yes, barely anyone pointed it out that it's coming to PC too so that might be OR related.

Guys, anyone have any experience with customer service on Uplay? I contacted them 5 days ago about not having asscreed1 on my account when it should be here and I haven't received any responses after the initial autoresponse from their system.

Copons

This was brilliant. I must say that when I see a post by Copons, I'm almost assured to chuckle. Thank you for that :)

If you need help we have a PC thread. Last time I built mine I thought I cracked the CPU while placing it in the socket and I almost fainted.

Don't forget to post pics too once it's over!

I know that thread very well, and I already plagued it with plenty of questions before picking all the parts.
Also, thank you for the CPU part, I really really need to upgrade my anxiety to the next level. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom