• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backlogger

What's a EC coupon?

Amazon Editors Choice coupon from buying digital games from Amazon before the end of the year that expire at the end of the month.

yvonne003.jpg

I miss Chuck for this express reason

Tenrius

Guys, anyone have any experience with customer service on Uplay? I contacted them 5 days ago about not having asscreed1 on my account when it should be here and I haven't received any responses after the initial autoresponse from their system.

My experience was surprisingly good: I submitted my ticket on Saturday and got the response on Monday. That was the Russian branch of their support though, so your experience may be different. I'd email them again just to be on the safe side.

yatesl

Modbot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hack, Slash, Loot -- MB-A8939A4DB476B514 - Taken by XShagrath
The Binding of Isaac Plus Wrath of the Lamb DLC -- MB-B2C123483144279E - Taken by HalfwayOrb

Dr Dogg

I don't remember any indie conference from them, but ever since the PS4 announcement through Gamescom they've been pushing certain games to associate them with the brand.

Like Transistor. It'll come to PC, but in every coverage it's always just PS4. I remember at one point Kasavin had to point out that it's coming to PC too :lol

Thier indie coverage was segued into their main pressers at E3 and Gamescom. The problem was the language they were using to communicate each title. It did give the impression that these titles were exclusive to Sony and PS4 and Vita but in the end transpired to be mainly timed exclusive on consoles. Most if not all the stuff they had on show is appearing on various pc flavours at the same time if not before in some cases.

def sim

Guys, anyone have any experience with customer service on Uplay? I contacted them 5 days ago about not having asscreed1 on my account when it should be here and I haven't received any responses after the initial autoresponse from their system.

I had to contact them about an issue I had with AC3. I don't remember what, but I do remember receiving a reply and resolving the problem within the work week.

zkylon

zkylewd
finally sold my :tradingcard: emote for 1 cent!

now it's only that shitty reus background and :postcardb: left

I need dem 2 cents

Dr Dogg

Hey here's one for you folks. Has anyone tried changing the background drone for BPM? It sounds like someone making noises on glasses of water and always does my nut in.

UoC would be the perfect big screen wargame. The visual presentation in that game is just stunning, everything you need for a operational level wargame with super clear unit visuals, concise and clear stats, easy to read text, and no nasty messy clutter of sub menus and popups. Plus it all controls super simply, so Steam controller would work great.

Dr Dogg

Success! It works.

Custom sounds in BPM ahoy. Might need some faffing around as it seams to play various sounds at the same time causing some audio clipping but hey it's loads better.

FloatOn

I love just creating a level ~10 character that can effectively co-op almost half the bosses.

Makes me want to load it up right now!

yeah once you learn the game soul level doesn't really matter. I love the game for that.

I had to quit the game cold turkey after 153 hours. If I start playing again I might lose another 100 hours or so and I have too many games on the backlog as it is.

Hasney

Just played around with the new SteamOS beta with dual-booting and not needing an entire 1TB drive, also AMD drivers!

Followed a guide and it works very well, was very shocked to see my dodgy Chinese knock off 306 wireless adaptor just get picked up and work. The adaptor needs some fannying about in Windows to make it work, so I was very impressed at that point.

It was to make a streaming box and... That's where my good experience ended. The drivers clearly aren't as optimised as streaming MGR was horrible. Looking at the guide, the bottleneck was slow decode.

Once the drivers are in a sexy state, I can't wait to take the plunge again.

Dr Dogg

Just played around with the new SteamOS beta with dual-booting and not needing an entire 1TB drive, also AMD drivers!

Followed a guide and it works very well, was very shocked to see my dodgy Chinese knock off 306 wireless adaptor just get picked up and work. The adaptor needs some fannying about in Windows to make it work, so I was very impressed at that point.

It was to make a streaming box and... That's where my good experience ended. The drivers clearly aren't as optimised as streaming MGR was horrible. Looking at the guide, the bottleneck was slow decode.

Once the drivers are in a sexy state, I can't wait to take the plunge again.

That's the problem I was having with Linux yesterday. AMD drivers are way behind Intel and Nvidia. I'm tempted to make a portable installation on a drive assigned USB stick and see how that goes.

fantomena

Was reading this thread and I foud out what I have done wrong with Dark Souls. It was patience. I did not have any patience, I just wanted to go a straight line from start to finish, but that's not DS. You have to be careful, have patience and explore.

Grief.exe

Lets keep this going guys! We got over 3000 signatures and its actually speeding up!

Remember to sign the petition and retweet

PC Gamers Assemble!

newsteam-assemble-gif.gif

Let's come together as a community and show Sega that the demand for Bayo, Vanquish, VF5, Valkyria Chronicles, and more is there.

Petition
GAF Thread
Retweet to spread the word

yeah once you learn the game soul level doesn't really matter. I love the game for that.

I had to quit the game cold turkey after 153 hours. If I start playing again I might lose another 100 hours or so and I have too many games on the backlog as it is.

I actually did the same thing. Wanted to move onto other games and had to forcibly remove myself from Souls.

Other games just weren't as good.

Hasney

That's the problem I was having with Linux yesterday. AMD drivers are way behind Intel and Nvidia. I'm tempted to make a portable installation on a drive assigned USB stick and see how that goes.

Yeah, I'm tempted to install SteamOS on my Intel/NVidia desktop and try streaming some simple games from my laptop to make sure I at least don't get slow decode with the streaming that way round.

"In other news, played a bit of #euiv with the Steam Controller. First experience with it as well. #pdxcon"

"It was weird, but good. There is some precision issues that you'd need to get used to, but your muscle memory will get better. #pdxcon"

Hasney

Aw, I can't do the down sampling stream that Dr Dogg was talking about because my primary display is a 16:10 so I can only go up to 1050p. It works and looks pretty, but black borders on the sides due to it being a 16:9 display.

Dr Dogg

Aw, I can't do the down sampling stream that Dr Dogg was talking about because my primary display is a 16:10 so I can only go up to 1050p. It works and looks pretty, but black borders on the sides due to it being a 16:9 display.

Well technically speaking you might be able to pull it off if you change the res on your host to a 16:9 ratio. You might have to go in to Nvidia Control Panel or CCC depending in your flavour of card and make a custom resolution at 1680x900 so when you take it to a 720p screen it fits.

-Deimos

I submitted 3-4 requests in the past and got a response to only one about a month later.

Hasney

Well technically speaking you might be able to pull it off if you change the res on your host to a 16:9 ratio. You might have to go in to Nvidia Control Panel or CCC depending in your flavour of card and make a custom resolution at 1680x900 so when you take it to a 720p screen it fits.

Yeah, I can already pick 900, but that's a console peasants resolution (lol BF4(lol have a game of FIFA 14 paused on my PS4 while I type this)).

I might see if I can make the 1080 custom resolution and just see if it works. Even if my display on the host craps out, it might come through on the stream... time to experiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom