• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
truth or not: marauder shields is in ass creed 3

I want to say yes, but nothing stops the

Wait.

My God, it is. There's a final chase against one character near the end that tries to stop you from finishing the game. It all makes sense now. We weren't supposed to see the game's ending.

MUnited83

For you.
Reminder: IndieGameStand deal on 1849 has 27 hours to end. Pay what you want, 1$ minimum to get a Steam key when the game releases (already greenlit)

City Management game set in a Western/Gold Rush Theme. It's on early access phase but it is coming along nicely.

Sajjaja

Wait.

My God, it is. There's a final chase against one character near the end that tries to stop you from finishing the game. It all makes sense now. We weren't supposed to see the game's ending.

Actually you chase him so....

Edit: eh...you're still right.

zkylon

zkylewd

Wait.

you were the templar all along!

templars indoctrinated you to make you believe you were an assassin and steal all their pokeballs!

Oh gosh, I got to 10 flaps in Flappy Goat and when I turned away from the monitor my vision was totally fucked. Damn this game to hell. But yay, I did it.

Salsa

Reminder: IndieGameStand deal on 1849 has 27 hours to end. Pay what you want, 1$ minimum to get a Steam key when the game releases (already greenlit)

City Management game set in a Western/Gold Rush Theme. It's on early access phase but it is coming along nicely.

went ahead and grabbed this, thanks

been sick for a couple days so i've probably been missing stuff

AHA-Lambda

Nuuvem has Broforce relatively cheap: http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/1922-broforce

Lufrausers too. And LEGO The Hobbit.

In other news after getting the achievements in Sleepy Dawgs for Playfire I couldn't stop and played 9hrs straight.

Wow, I've not checked nuuvem before but those are great prices. Blackgate, Luftrausers, Broforce :D

Any drawbacks to ordering from them? Just want to make sure cos they're a foreign site.

oipic

I thought the patch that removed the save error removed Tages.

There's always the chance (or hope?) that the reported presence of TAGES is a legacy thing, but now redundant - the key will be what patch level the newly-returned versions are, I guess...

Delighted for Jase, in any case. :)

From the Dawn of Discovery Gold package info page...

3rd-party DRM: One or more products in this package may use the 3rd party DRM TAGES™.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/3047/

3 machine activation limit on both the base game and expansion. My question is, is it 3 machines at once or is it the hardware binding approach they've taken in the past? Like, change a ram stick or your graphics card, lose a copy because it's a "different" machine.

rtcn63

True story- The entirety of the Assassin's Creed franchise actually takes place during the final seconds of the '80s medical drama, St. Elsewhere.

nampad

For the ball just skip finding all secrets, except if you enjoy the game.

The achievements for killing monkeys is easy and fast enough, just pick the portal level from the challenge mode on the main menu and on level 3 you can kill all the monkeys you need by standing over the two buttons there.

Thanks, feel bad for killing those monkeys though :D

The first level of The Ball was rather boring but I guess this is to be expected from a puzzle game explaining all the mechanics. The level design etc. showed that it was some indie/modder team, not really beautiful.
What I have played of the Portal challenge was interesting so far so that raises my hope for the quality of the puzzles. Seems like a solid indie first person puzzle game.

Grief.exe

From the Dawn of Discovery Gold package info page...

3rd-party DRM: One or more products in this package may use the 3rd party DRM TAGES™.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/3047/

That may have been left over from before. I have little knowledge of Anno 1404 though, so will defer to someone with more information.

Curious, would you guys buy FUSE if it came on PC?

PC gamers will buy anything in droves when the price is right. Low price is the quickest way to expand your fanbase.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Wow, I've not checked nuuvem before but those are great prices. Blackgate, Luftrausers, Broforce :D

Any drawbacks to ordering from them? Just want to make sure cos they're a foreign site.

No drawbacks as long as the game you're ordering doesn't have regional restrictions for activation or content on Steam. I'm not sure what the case is for Broforce.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
The horror topic made today has me realizing there is very little excitement for DreadOut, which is a shame. It's greenlit so it's coming to Steam. I'm kind of curious, who all here likes horror games but doesn't really know what DreadOut is?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Actually you chase him so....

Edit: eh...you're still right.

It was more of the world itself trying to stop you, I suppose. I remember it taking me multiple tries, though I'm probably awful at the Ass Creed games without realizing it.

you were the templar all along!

templars indoctrinated you to make you believe you were an assassin and steal all their pokeballs!

So many reverations. The revelaitons have never been greater.

True story- The entirety of the Assassin's Creed franchise actually takes place during the final seconds of the '80s medical drama, St. Elsewhere.

You give Ass Creed's plot too much credit :p

Salsa

guess I can afford one near $15 release thanks to palyfire + pp leftovers

torn between child of light and trials fusion

#loveuplay

catabarez

oh, I havent played in a couple days since im horizontal

sucks if true

Just tested out Dead Space 3 and that works. Looks like just Titanfall is the issue.

Oh and in case anyone didn't know add both the Origin game and the client itself to your Steam library to get the overlay to work. I'm pretty sure you only need the client on there but I add the game as well for convenience.

guess I can afford one near $15 release thanks to palyfire + pp leftovers

torn between child of light and trials fusion

#loveuplay

You're dead to me.

Grief.exe

The horror topic made today has me realizing there is very little excitement for DreadOut, which is a shame. It's greenlit so it's coming to Steam. I'm kind of curious, who all here likes horror games but doesn't really know what DreadOut is?

Looking it up right now, I'm not a huge fan of horror games though.

Sure would ps3 died before it came out

That is unfortunate, the PS3 has some legs.

Tenrius

Oh, so no-one else played Actual Sunlight? That's fine, but do check it out if you have a chance. Especially if you like To The Moon and/or good writing. Note that the tone and themes are quite a bit different in those games, but the delivery is very similar (essentially, they are both simple RPG maker games with text as their main storytelling medium and some skeleton interactivity to guide you through it).

I've been having these weird urges to play Assassin's Creed for a few days now and you guys are not helping it. It's weird: I know I don't really like those games and I'll end up filling up a few Gbs of my precious disk space with one of them, playing it for a few hours, not really having fun and moving on. But I still feel compelled to play one of them (probably ACIV) for some indiscernible reason. Being human is truly such a confusing experience sometimes.

Any chance of there being another GMG coupon for Dark Souls II before launch? My support ticket about my credit not being given wasn't answered in time(or at all) to use the 25% coupon and the 20% one doesn't work with the game :/ Wouldn't be a big deal if I hadn't bought the PS3 CE as well. Still, want that deal!

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, so no-one else played Actual Sunlight? That's fine, but do check it out if you have a chance. Especially if you like To The Moon and/or good writing. Note that the tone and themes are quite a bit different in those games, but the delivery is very similar (essentially, they are both simple RPG maker games with text as their main storytelling medium and some skeleton interactivity to guide you through it).

I've been having these weird urges to play Assassin's Creed for a few days now and you guys are not helping it. It's weird: I know I don't really like those games and I'll end up filling up a few Gbs of my precious disk space with one of them, playing it for a few hours, not really having fun and moving on. But I still feel compelled to play one of them (probably ACIV) for some indiscernible reason. Being human is truly such a confusing experience sometimes.

I've never heard of Actual Sunlight, but it's definitely on my to buy list now. Even more so since it's an RPGMaker game.

As for playing one of them, you really can't go wrong with AC IV. It's actually pretty good. The modern day stuff is still kind of not great, but it's not as bad as in some of the other games' modern day sections. Plus the pirate stuff is rad.

mannerbot

Any chance of there being another GMG coupon for Dark Souls II before launch? My support ticket about my credit not being given wasn't answered in time(or at all) to use the 25% coupon and the 20% one doesn't work with the game :/ Wouldn't be a big deal if I hadn't bought the PS3 CE as well. Still, want that deal!

If GMG isn't dumb there will be. I'd prefer to buy from them but I'll just go to Nuuvem if they don't offer a discount to everyone before release.

Salsa

I played Dark Souls a lot and I was good at it. I like animation priority and im a big fan of Monster Hunter.

When you mix the fact that I dont particularly like the setting with the other fact that the port is apparently pretty bad again and they did the whole graphics downgrade it loses some steam for me as im not a mega fan of the series

i'll play it, I might get it on releaes if the hype gets to me, but im not that crazy about it

I get the appeal and enjoy it and all that, I guess it's just that I kinda already got that itch scratched with other series, I can wait a bit

Tenrius

I've never heard of Actual Sunlight, but it's definitely on my to buy list now. Even more so since it's an RPGMaker game.

As for playing one of them, you really can't go wrong with AC IV. It's actually pretty good. The modern day stuff is still kind of not great, but it's not as bad as in some of the other games' modern day sections. Plus the pirate stuff is rad.

I've just been away from the thread for a while and thought it would be a rather common topic, but I guess I overestimated the popularity of the game lol. I just randomly happened to read about it on Twitter today and decided to buy it immediately upon getting some more details. It's only $5 in the US or $3.6 in my region.

I actually played about 20 hours of ACIV already. First I was having plenty of fun, but then I came to a point where I've done everything the game had to offer at least once. I looked at a map that had three times more forts that I already captured (and I thought I captured plenty), among with other things to do, realized that I was less than halfway through the story and decided that it was enough. Most of the things work pretty decently in that game and I'm a huge fan of all things pirate, but that Ubisoft design philosophy of bloating games with content didn't really do it much good. Besides, I was getting some rather unstable performance on my laptop.

Had a pretty similar experience with ACII and I still have nightmares about forcing myself through ACI, so I really should know better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom