• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
playing devil's advocate (in this case, literally lol...sorry Frost), I think its more about for some / many people, the instant a game isnt 4k / 60fps its garbage around here, even if the port is or is not good

case in point, people dismissing Hyper Light Drifter imediatly because its locked at 30fps and the game is nothing short of amazing

I get you but frost does this with literally every complaint people throw at a port.

I get you, and not all 30fps games are bad ports. Way of the Samurai 4 was 30 fps and a great port. Tales of Zestiria as well, great port.
I do think that lack of arbitrary resolution is inexcusable though. Unless your game is completely made of limited resolution 2D assets, there are no excuses for the lack of it whatsoever.

But now look at Tales of Symphonia: in frost's eyes, even people complaining about that one, which was a objectively bad port, are pcmasterracers that want everything in 8K/120fps.

Ludens

Banned
I saw a post of someone crying FFXV combat system is not Souls-like.
The post is from yesterday, anyway, so it's not an April fish.

jgalat

Neo Member
I'm always glad to see fresh new faces here. :)

If you haven't already, you might check out our previous years' SteamGAF GOTY winners. We typically vote on our "Game of the Year" in January and compile a list of the games that we as a community liked most on Steam the previous year.

The stuff we like collectively seems to be story-heavy so I thought you might find something on one of those lists that maybe you hadn't heard of before, or at the very least see what kinds of games we're into.

Welcome!

Wow! Thanks for the info! ill check it now. Hope ill be around to vote next year! :D

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Speaking of which, the regional pricing 'loophole' has been fixed after Tomb Raider, right? QB looks promising but not 60$ promising.

IIRC, you can still cross-region purchase in a roundabout way by buying a gift card code from the desired region and using that balance to purchase the game, but I imagine this approach is also on borrowed time.

woah

looks like somebody turned defrag into a game

Fixed. ;)

Lomax

Three consistently good months of Humble Monthlies plus Mad Max being in this one might finally make me bite. Especially since Humble Weeklies are gone now.

Im curious, will this year's goty thread allow windows store exclusive like quantum break and killer instinct since this thread is pretty much the go to pc gaming thread?

zkylon

zkylewd
playing devil's advocate (in this case, literally lol...sorry Frost), I think its more about for some / many people, the instant a game isnt 4k / 60fps its garbage around here, even if the port is or is not good

case in point, people dismissing Hyper Light Drifter imediatly because its locked at 30fps and the game is nothing short of amazing
it's dumb specially since fps works differently for 2d than it does 3d

imagine like 4 frame sprite animations on a 60 fps game, it's not the same as a fancy interpolated motion captured 3d animation that finds the extra frames as flat benefit, there's no smoothness to be gained here if animations are still gonna be sprite based

for the rest it's just a matter of game to game, if hyper light drifter is a slower game than ballzblue or whatever it just makes sense for it to be 30 fps and have that more laggy deliberate, slower feel of 30 fps

but yeah i think using that as a way of putting a game down is preeeetty silly

Yeah thats probably a better idea I think. I'm not all that interested in Mad Max really. The game that is.

i generally would rather to spend the 12 bucks on a single game i want rather than gamble it. so if they're like ok here's this game i'm interested in that's roughly 12 bucks for me then i'm cool and the extras are just that, extras

but i hate this kind of gambling so actually on second thought i'll probably never end up biting lol

Vuze

IIRC, you can still cross-region purchase in a roundabout way by buying a gift card code from the desired region and using that balance to purchase the game, but I imagine this approach is also on borrowed time.

Fixed. ;)
Eh, sounds like a hassle to get gift codes from some more 'exotic' regions (I guess JPN/US/EU are the most demanded hence available cards). I guess somebody will figure out if it's possible in due time, gotta wait on the port quality anyways *wink wink*

AsylumX

Wow incredible bundle.

Nuclear Throne (YES!)
Renowned Explorers
Nova 111
The Magic Circle
Super Avalanche
Stikbold
Tailwind

Next month's early unlock is Mad Max.

Well... I really missed a good bundle, but i had to unsuscribe because I already owned South Park. Nuclear Throne is my only regret...

Endruen

Last call.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Endruen, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

DARK SOULS III Deluxe Edition -- MB-3C97D85B97DD1CBE - Taken by Luap. 157 entrants total.

t1459547230z1.png

Annubis

Man... that indiegala bundle isn't even good =/
Like, I get the nukige fodder... it's a bundle afterall, but I mean, can't you put like one quality game in there somewhere? Too much to ask?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Im curious, will this year's goty thread allow windows store exclusive like quantum break and killer instinct since this thread is pretty much the go to pc gaming thread?

Nope, only Steam releases will be eligible. GAF's general vote has a PC category.

Man... that indiegala bundle isn't even good =/
Like, I get the nukige fodder... it's a bundle afterall, but I mean, can't you put like one quality game in there somewhere? Too much to ask?

I actually wonder why we wont get a normal VN bundle? I mean the ones we usually get are "deviantart VN bundles" or those "Nukige" bundles.

The only good one was the one with Higurashi 1.

Annubis

I actually wonder why we wont get a normal VN bundle? I mean the ones we usually get are "deviantart VN bundles" or those "Nukige" bundles.

The School Days one was great because it had School Days for super cheap if you reserved ahead.

Eila

VNs are expensive. But yeah, there has been like a good bundle or two, the one that had eden* and Higurashi was pretty good.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Something suspicious is going on with giveaways today. Trust no one.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~ -- MB-F6C4861DF4D93E1A - Taken by UnderWaterTree
t1cxE6r.gif
GRID 2 -- MB-4FF44D227B433A5B - Taken by Regginator

Manatox

Would you like to join the cool kids?

Uuh, i guess i will stay with not so cool kids for now. Who knows, maybe soon we will see a day where accounts who resisted the urge to own Bad Rats will be deemed rare and antique thus worth much more ^.^

hey,

so does dark souls 2 fuck you over if you finish the game before playing the DLC like Dark Souls 1 does?

I'm trying to avoid having to replay a game again like i had to with DS1

Buraindo

Uuh, i guess i will stay with not so cool kids for now. Who knows, maybe soon we will see a day where accounts who resisted the urge to own Bad Rats will be deemed rare and antique thus worth much more ^.^

We are the true cool kids.

hey,

so does dark souls 2 fuck you over if you finish the game before playing the DLC like Dark Souls 1 does?

It doesn't. Dark Souls 2 doesn't go to NG+ when you finish it so you can do the DLC whenever you please.

kagamin

hey,

No, you can't go to NG+ unless you decide to do so yourself, so feel free to beat the main story and then do the DLC.

Jawmuncher

hey,

When you finish the game it gives you the choice of staying as is for DLC or going to a new game.
Why bloodborne took that step back is beyond me.

MUnited83

For you.
hey,

Not at all. The dlcs are geared to end-game players, and the game doesn't throw you to NG+ after finishing the game. It's optional and you have to go to the Majula bonfire to make it go to NG+

yuraya

hey,

No. You don't start NG+ until agreeing to do so in the majula bonfire.

Also SOTFS forces you to find the keys necessary to enter dlc area while vanilla version gives you the keys as soon as you buy dlc.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
No. You don't start NG+ until agreeing to do so in the majula bonfire.

Also SOTFS forces you to find the keys necessary to enter dlc area while vanilla version gives you the keys as soon as you buy dlc.

to be fair you probably already have the keys by the time you finish, I remember just naturally picking them up

edit: so noone played Starpoint Gemini 2?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
A friend told me that it wasn't worth for the price and that I should grab Rebel Galaxy instead

And i bought it anyway. Join me in this regrettable journey, Rhaknar!

I already finished Rogue Legacy tho

Steam ‏@steam_games 10m10 minutes ago
Now Available on Steam - Bleach The Movie: Hell Verse: #SteamNewRelease #SteamVideo @VIZMedia http://bit.ly/1VgSAoU

BANKAI or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom