• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

What's the deal with Humble Bundle store's proceeds options? According to the help modal 5% goes to either a charity or your wallet, yet there seem to be two 5% items in the list (given the 'another' language). It's unclear if selecting 'Charity' means it goes toward my nominated not-for-profit or whether Humble distributes it themselves apart from the one I selected.

UTR6em8.png

5% goes to charity automatically

then you can choose to put another 5% towards a charity or towards your wallet

Knurek

Sometimes I wonder what some developers are thinking.

Well, obviously adding native 4k support to your 3D UE4 game on PC requires certification by the International PC Development Board - you need to conform to various ISO standards regarding rendering resolution.
Additionally you need the Institute of Applied Graphics approval, as well as the confirmation from Chairman of the Fair PC Port Foundation and both AMD, Intel and NVIDIA CEOs before you can even start thinking of adding 4k support to a PC game. Oh, and Tencent's (and The Premier of the State Council of the People's Republic of China) as well, since they own Epic.
Obviously not something a small developer can afford to do.

Sarcasm

This is a long shot but as seeing I want to continue my character in Terraria without completely starting a new world as my friend didn't back up.

Anybody have an Expert world in hardmode?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I'm pretty faded and bought Pinstripe. Don't let me down Time.

Also Scanner Somre but Introversion is love and I know they have my back.

Edit: Oh god I bought Outlast 2 too, install a Breathalyzer on my pc. Didn't even get it on humble but on steam lol.

Been excited for Pinstripe, heard good things from beta testers too.

Tomasety

Thanks

Bundlestars wont punish me or something for using VPN to buy at cheaper price?

The worst it can happen to you is that Bundlestars will cancel your order if they detect you are behind a proxy or VPN. If your order goes through manual review, chances are that they will cancel it.

I'm glad that despite my terrible alcoholic nature I'm at least supporting beautiful indie devs and not late night buying the latest AAA release.

Ozium

this shit looks up my alley so I bought it from humble since it includes the introversion classics pack and is cheaper with the monthly discount than the launch discount on Steam..

was looking forward to Edith Finch but will wait for a discount since it's apparently short?

First person to quote can have the Introversion Classics Pack whenever humble sends it to me. Darwinia and Defcon are incredible games.

Never played Uplink tho, I should give it a shot one of these days.

Ascheroth

Eh unfortunate delays, that or crafty strategic release planning.
I'm not a fan of them being silent for so long, but the April 1 Bayonetta tease and release was some brilliant (and cheap) marketing that wouldn't have worked like that at any other time of the year or if they'd announced it 'properly' beforehand.
And now the Vanquish tease inside Bayonetta, some marketing guy at Sega/Platinum sure has a lot of fun right now.

KainXVIII

this shit looks up my alley so I bought it from humble since it includes the introversion classics pack and is cheaper with the monthly discount than the launch discount on Steam..

was looking forward to Edith Finch but will wait for a discount since it's apparently short?

Looks like Kinect simulator 😀

PA4-Kinect.gif

Arthea

None of us are really sure of anything, cause we don't know what to expect. But that wait from Sonic Lost World to Bayonetta was damn long.

maybe they secretly worked on Yakuza, RoF, Vanquish and Atlus games at that time and now will release a game every month or so.

yeah, right

voodooray

You can also get a key from here: https://www.indiegala.com/dieyoung#giveaway

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No thanks needed
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Sparkle 3 Genesis -- MB-1C116B1DFCF97FAC

Ascheroth

maybe they secretly worked on Yakuza, RoF, Vanquish and Atlus games at that time and now will release a game every month or so.

yeah, right
I wouldn't dismiss the possibility that they've also been working on a non-platinum port in the meantime, which could come a couple months after Vanquish (which will likely come quite soon).

But no way it would be an Atlus game, lol.

15 minutes into Outlast 2 after I've been caught by an enemy and castrated
why-the-heck-did-i-buy-this-thing-for-thumb.jpg

Going to have to have a friend over to make any progress lol

Edit: oh my God fuck this game I can't

MaxiLive

Hey now that's already being ported by fans.

There are fans?

Hopefully the Vanquish port isn't too far off but it was also a very subtle tease so it may of been more of a heads up by the Bayonetta dev team on this is what we are working on next.

If it is the same engine and what not though I'm guessing their dev time is quite short and hopefully Boynetta made them a bunch of moola so it is easier to keep a PC port team operational within the studio without moving them to Bayo 3 etc.

Anteater

I bought Amnesia and didn't play it until after 2 weeks, played like half an hour and was furiously trying to refund it like 5 times and Steam rejected me everytime ):

but at least I'm enjoying SOMA!

and man Soma is super cool

Deques

I bought Amnesia and didn't play it until after 2 weeks, played like half an hour and was furiously trying to refund it like 5 times and Steam rejected me everytime ):

but at least I'm enjoying SOMA!

and man Soma is super cool

You can't refund it two weeks after purchase

I haven't kept up with fan servers and workarounds so an official release of Phantasy Star Online on Steam would be my SEGA dream. Any; 1, 2 hell even Universe if that's what it took, but the original episodes on Dreamcast were incredibly addicting, only Destiny has given me the same insatiable taste for loot (which I consider a spiritual successor of PSO).

Tizoc

It'd be cool if sega could fix up vikings, the 30 fps lock really hurts it and it is a game ft the boisterous blastings of BRAIN BLESSED, and it is a tragedy that playing thru it feels like slodging thru a swamp.

Can we expect Dragon Quest Heroes 2 to not have the resolution lock?

They released PC specs a few days ago when preload went up:

Game Settings
Full Screen Display: On or Off
Resolution:
630 x 360
800 x 450
1024 x 576
1280 x 720
1360 x 765
1600 x 900
1920 x 1080
2560 x 1440
2560 x 1600
3840 x 2160
Frame Rate: 20, 30 or 60
Movies: On or Off
Controller: You can switch between select with A or B (and cancel with B or A)

Quality Settings
Number of On-Screen Characters: High, Medium or Low
Draw Distance: High, Medium or Low
Textures: High, Medium or Low
Shadows: High, Medium, Low or Off
Ambient Occlusion: High, Medium, Low or Off
Reflections: High, Medium, Low or Off
Light Shafts: On or Off
Particles: High, Medium or Low
Global Illumination: High, Medium or Low
Volumetric Fog: On or Off
Point Light Shadows: On or Off

20fps hype

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
60fps Vanquish isn't a dream anymore right? Right?

Not really, if their dev talk on it is anything to go by. It's just regular cel-shading, but they modify the normals on their models to keep it looking flat. Along with a couple other texturing tricks to have outlines drawn on the models that don't look bad upscaled.

Ah interesting. I do hope that style gets picked up by other devs, because the pseudo-2D look that morphs into 3D is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom