• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom still a Wii and arcade exclusive.

Let that sink in.
Marn is the current undisputed TvC champion

let that sink in

Fchamplooksgoodenoughtoeat.gif

Vastag

for me bigger dissapointment than what MN9, NMS or ACM was for most of people ... weird parody RTS's of old and moba elements ... but well its colorfull and flashy and somehow reviewers like it :-/

That's a bummer, I have been a big fan of the franchise.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ugh is humble busted? im stuck on "we're charging your default payment method" for the early unlock and now im afraid to close the window and then get double charged

edit: welp ended up closing the window after nothing happening, and eventually I got the bundle from the auto renewal I guess, so hopefully I wasnt double charged

What is the consensus on Dawn of War III? Is as good as the previous games?
I'm a big fan of Wh40k universe (you can see this by my nickname), playing it right now, mission 2 and it feels like huge downgrade from previous DoW games. I'm still trying to figure out new rules and gameplay features, but i can say for sure that they for some reasons removed cover system and destruction from maps, and i hate this change. Graphics overall looks even worse than DoW2, textures looks very blurry and washed out even on highest settings, not to mention that graphical settings was back to default, lowest presets, every time exiting game - i managed to change settings only through Geforce Experience panel, but game still looks like shit honestly.

Half the people too busy with all the other games, and the other half is too scared to play actual horror games.

Haha, this is so me. I love both HP Lovecraft and Alien. So I've owned Amnesia and Alien: Isolation for years. I played a little of each, loved it, yet haven't gone back. As soon as each game gets scary in earnest, I nope out.

I can read horror easily and never once get scared. I can watch a horror movie and, while it may affect me a bit, I'll make it through. Something about games though -- I think it's the fact that I'm the one that has to go into that creepy-as-fuck room to get a key, etc. -- makes it extra hard on my psyche.

I'm such a bitch. XD

Knurek

Bigger crime is all those Xbox 360 JRPG exclusives that bombed and never got a second chance on another console.

Or all those PS2 JRPG exclusives that didn't bomb, but the devs are either defunct (Shadow Hearts) or not interested in dirty PC peasants (Altus).

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
DiRT Rally -- MB-DE9E648856B6B2E3 - Taken by yoshizzle. 17 entrants total.
INSIDE -- MB-CD5067082F6E46DF - Taken by Kurt Russell. 56 entrants total.

t1493417105z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

l3L0MM1.jpg

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-E953C8DBAE896162 - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 6 entrants total.

t1493407529z1.png

kagamin

Half the people too busy with all the other games, and the other half is too scared to play actual horror games.

The only horror game I've played in the last few years was Yomawari: Night Alone, I actually liked that game unlike most horror games so I'm considering picking up the sequel when it drops.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Shadowrun Hong Kong is okay so far. Things are getting kind of formulaic. Mission, talk, some bullshit, mission, etc.. I call it the Bioware cycle.

That game getss better by the end, but overall I like Dragonfall much better as a story. HBS overall made a couple great Shadowrun games (Returns isn't so great), and I am really looking forward to their Battletech game whenever it comes out.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
DiRT Rally -- MB-DE9E648856B6B2E3 - Taken by yoshizzle. 17 entrants total.
INSIDE -- MB-CD5067082F6E46DF - Taken by Kurt Russell. 56 entrants total.

t1493417105z1.png

Orgen

Anyone knows if there's a demo for Nier? (Or if it's planned). I'm not sure if my laptop could run the game and I'd like to try it but not doing a refund if possible

Nillansan

Anyone knows if there's a demo for Nier? (Or if it's planned). I'm not sure if my laptop could run the game and I'd like to try it but not doing a refund if possible

There isn't a demo available on PC and I do not believe that there will ever be one.

Knurek

Looks like it could be good. Reminds me of Cave Story a bit. Never heard of it before though.

JaseC alert
The game seems to use SFX from EA's Battlefield 1 (There's a sound file called, and I kid you not, BATTLEFIELD 1 ALL WEAPON SOUNDS & ANIMATIONS [1440P, 60 FPS, ULTRA DETAILS].fsb in one of the data files), might be worth getting it since it's possible it's not long for Steam.

Another one is called SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 1080p HD VIDEO TEST - ANGRY COW MOO.fsb

Locust

JaseC alert
The game seems to use SFX from EA's Battlefield 1 (There's a sound file called, and I kid you not, BATTLEFIELD 1 ALL WEAPON SOUNDS & ANIMATIONS [1440P, 60 FPS, ULTRA DETAILS].fsb in one of the data files), might be worth getting it since it's possible it's not long for Steam.

Has to be some placeholder stuff they forgot in. Hard to believe someone would use youtube video audio as sound source in a game that isn't just bought off the asset store.

Full Throttle Remastered is nice, but some of redrawn art and 3D models are questionable. Here is few examples i noticed:
Also, "Corley Motors" factory sky for some weird reasons are static in remaster, but it was animated in original version. But outside some rare weird moments, it's a nice remaster, most of redrawn art are good, sound was rerecorded and improved, achievements after all. Can't say it's worth to get it for full price, depends on your personal level of nostalgia.

Anyone know how long it takes for Steam Support to get back in contact with people?

I need the steam guard removing from my account as I cant login but wondered how long it'll take for them to respond.

It looks mighty good and fidel to the original to my noob eye. What do you mean?
Spotlights were highly downgraded, tone of skies were changed to more lighter, and i told already about static clouds instead of animated. As i said, it's just rare issues that noticeable only to people who remembered original, overall they did a good work in making this game more accessible for modern public.

Coreda

JaseC alert

Ah man, that's too bad. Looks like something cool I'd see in a Sega magazine back in the day.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Fire Arrow Plus -- MB-4D47D93CEDD9E4C5 - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.
Pertinence -- MB-77D668BEF9849691 - Taken by Eila. 1 entrants total.
Totally Unbalanced -- MB-62A02A144B06299A - Taken by sadblob. 1 entrants total.
Zenodyne R -- MB-576F7C8E7E5ED51A - Taken by sixteen-bit. 1 entrants total.
Zenohell -- MB-09CAE63C62FCCF70 - Taken by ramoisdead. 1 entrants total.

t1493419301z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
It's pretty awful it just skips around some parts with no context and doesn't even cover the whole game

It's kinda like the Fate UBW movie but worse

The art is kinda bad too tbh
Wouldn't recommend it. I mean it's pretty cool but it's more of a fan service thing for people who completed SC. It's two episodes and cuts a lot from the game out and ends before the second half of the game.
idk what fate ubw is but got the idea

don't really care about tits that much anyways

Full Throttle Remastered is nice, but some of redrawn art and 3D models are questionable. Here is few examples i noticed:

Also, "Corley Motors" factory sky for some weird reasons are static in remaster, but it was animated in original version. But outside some rare weird moments, it's a nice remaster, most of redrawn art are good, sound was rerecorded and improved, achievements after all. Can't say it's worth to get it for full price, depends on your personal level of nostalgia.
yeah remasters are tricky, creating actual art for the gaps you used to fill with your imagination is tough. i didn't care much for how day of the tentacle remastered look, i ended up doing mostly old style cos i just like seeing the pixels

Jawmuncher

Can't wait to play this for "free" (It'll almost assuredly hit either a humble or PS+)

zkylon

zkylewd
mDdLdTo.png

sooooo... this is new, i guess i'm now second class citizen on the humble store as well

i most definitely gifted my the witness key last month and the humble store doesn't show that warning when i try to get the inside key, so i guess it's a codemasters thing

if the key i'm gonna get is gonna be second rate, i would like to be charged second rate pricing

fucking bullshit man

Tonton

mDdLdTo.png

sooooo... this is new, i guess i'm now second class citizen on the humble store as well

i most definitely gifted my the witness key last month and the humble store doesn't show that warning when i try to get the inside key, so i guess it's a codemasters thing

if the key i'm gonna get is gonna be second rate, i would like to be charged second rate pricing

fucking bullshit man
WTF that's really stupid
Really hope that's just a Codemasters thing since I used them to gift TitS to US friends before :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom