• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Depends on the volume of the particular cards. Prices always have ebbs and flows and if there's only a few on the market pushing the price down generally you can price above them and they'll still sell pretty quickly. But I have priced quite a few (probably the majority) as the lowest on the market and they haven't sold either.

Looking at the cards there doesn't seem to be a clear downturn across the board but I'm guessing the slight increase in volume due to idlemaster is having a suppressive effect on the whole market especially on more obscure titles. In the past with my pricing generally I'd see around a quarter of my listings sell overnight but the last couple of days it's only been a few. I'm sure once this initial rush finishes off things will return more to normal. I'm not that pressed for funds that I'm going to slash three or four cents off every potential sale unless I have to eventually, that's a few dollars total.

To be clear, I'm not complaining about the existence of idle master, just making observations about the market and my results. But seriously, fuck Blade Symphony. Now I don't even want to try playing the game.

That's definitely a fair point. Idle Master definitely had at least a somewhat effect on the market. Also you aren't the only one in that boat for blade symphony. A lot of people says screw after those ridiculous idle times. Seems to be the slowest game we know if so far .

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
AssBros Pirates 2 better come to PC. Them ships in the ice needs to be on my PC instead of a shitty 720p "30" 25 fps.

Also, day 1 for REmaster. It's not the best possible option, but this is Capcom so it's not surprising. Gimme dem RE0/2/3 Gamecube releases too. And CVX since that's already been worked on.

Jawmuncher

Is it just me or does this feel like an officially sanctioned Expendables add-on rather than a "parody"?

It probably is in some capacity wouldn't surprise me at all.

Edit: it has to be official since the actor cameo at the end of the trailer.

-------

Also nothing bro about bro force until Bro Cage is in.

derExperte

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It would seem Advanced Warfare is getting a "Pro Edition". I imagine those who've already pre-ordered the game under the assumption that if there were going to be a DDE it would have went up alongside the standard edition will be none too pleased. Sega pulled a similar stunt with Company of Heroes 2, leaving the standard edition up while it took down THQ's DDE and retooled it.

Knurek

So, I'm switching from #TeamRed to #TeamGreen today.

Anything I should be aware of? Any necessary tools for NVIDIA HW?

Also one more thing on Pineview Drive, but some screenshots I took, most from earlier in the game. Didn't look bad for a indie German game only made by a handful of people
and I want to show some early teases of a few things that scared me crapless later
E0A0989F953360407C0E77D8EAF3254F0F2AFE18
I just had the worst flashback of...

Milamber

So, I'm switching from #TeamRed to #TeamGreen today.

Anything I should be aware of? Any necessary tools for NVIDIA HW?

1. Insert card
2. Install driver
3. Play your games comforted with the fact you can utilize PhysX, Shadowplay and TX/MS/AA with the touch of a button or two.

EDIT: Oh, and no more paying for that fire insurance for your mortgage.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
motherofgod

I wonder if it would work to just activate the game and then sell the CE with all the in-game items unclaimed? Or is it one code for everything? Could be a very cheap way to get the expansion.

I bet it's one key for all... but I also ordered it, even if i don't activate it myself, this edition will be quiet valuable some time in the future and than to ebay it goes :p

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
My brother made me watch It when I was about 5. Even today I still get a funny feeling when I'm having a shower and I notice my foot is sitting across the drain.
Me too. Stupid fucking clowns.

I read the book in 6th grade. Totally not age appropriate.

I watched John Carpenter's The Thing when I was about 5 or 6. I was laughing all the way through the movie and all the older kids around me were quite impressed.

I actually cried and my parents had to come and take me away from there

derExperte

I bet it's one key for all... but I also ordered it, even if i don't activate it myself, this edition will be quiet valuable some time in the future and than to ebay it goes :p

Still waiting for that to happen with the two Starcraft 2 expansion CEs I got very cheap but it ain't happening, still readily available just like WoW exp CEs.

Copons

My brother made me watch It when I was about 5. Even today I still get a funny feeling when I'm having a shower and I notice my foot is sitting across the drain.

I hear you.
My cousin forced me to watch the movie when I was 6 and, after 24 years, I still glance every sink I see.
Back then, though, I couldn't use the toilet for like a week straight because I was scared that at some point I would have felt the balloon rubber touching my bare butt. I guess this explains the fact that I hate touching balloons.

btw, even if I can't watch the movie, I eventually got to read the book, and it's one of my favourite ever <3

AHA-Lambda

I watched Aliens when I was 3, can still remember details of the nightmare I had.

Lol, probably made me the person I am today :p

The_Super_Inframan

Still waiting for that to happen with the two Starcraft 2 expansion CEs I got very cheap but it ain't happening, still readily available just like WoW exp CEs.

Mmmhhh, worst case I got the CE for the price of the normal edition and I can finally play the add-on.

Btw, I checked and it's only one activation key

72 cards on the market overnight and only one sold. And Blade Symphony idled for almost 6 hours and only gave me 3 of the 5 cards, makes me want to smack the developers. I think I'm done idling cards for a while.

It took me 8 hours for all 5 cards from Blade Symphony. Don't know how they managed it, I normally get 1 card per 20-30 mins.

BTW, there was a pretty cool preview of Satellite Reigns on Aussie TV tonight. You should be able to watch it on Iview right now though if you are outside of Aus. you will likely need an Aussie VPN.

Dr Dogg

Hahaha. Bloody hell Milamber!

I wonder if it would work to just activate the game and then sell the CE with all the in-game items unclaimed? Or is it one code for everything? Could be a very cheap way to get the expansion.

As far as I recall it's just one CD key for the Expansion and all the digital tat. There was a separate preorder promotion that you had to register you key by a set date but that is long since gone.

Blizz's Expansion Collectors Ed's don't usually go for much but their base game one's generally go for silly money. Go look up how much the WoW and Starcraft II ones go for.

I don't think I ever watched this movie when I was a kid, though I watched Killer Klowns from Outer Space and fuck it, I started to think every clown was an alien.

Every clown is an alien. And that movie is a stand out in my childhood memory. Scared me in ways Freddie or Jason never could. Or the Leprechaun, for that matter.

As for my gaming habits, I haven't been in the mood to finish off the Dark Souls 2 DLC. I've just been on edge lately, and that game isn't conducive to twitchiness, except to exacerbate it. But I have to finish it off by August 26th, before the next one comes out.

Respeccing as a mundane double dagger assassin in short ahead?

Man, there's a lot of hating going on in that REmake HD thread. I'm just happy it's coming out on PC and looks decent enough. Seemed like a long shot to begin with, that they would even bother with it.

Yeah I'm really happy with it coming to PC. That and RE4 at my fingertips anytime I want? Bliss. I'm sure the vitriol in the thread is just because they think it stops devs from developing new games, which I doubt is the case.

The_Super_Inframan

Blizz's Expansion Collectors Ed's don't usually go for much but their base game one's generally go for silly money. Go look up how much the WoW and Starcraft II ones go for.

Yeah, seems like that, oh well, maybe I activate the game and sell the physical stuff for a low price... still got the add-on cheap then :)

Parsnip

Oh, REmake is coming to PC. Wow, I did not see that coming.

Always assumed it was stuck in some kind of Nintendo exclusivity deal (though I guess RE4 was part of that deal as well, and that has made it to every other system too), glad I was wrong. I have to imagine that RE Zero is next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom