• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering more half of the panellists for the Gamescom awards are journalists from some sites/outlets some people on GAF like to criticise I'm surprised they get the attention that they do. But hey go look at the vast majority of review threads on here and there will be some dismay due to a certain outlet not scoring a game to the arbitrary score someone has in their head attributed to a game they have never even played yet.

I haven't really been following Evolve's development so not been caught up in the buzz but being multiplayer focused it will be interesting to see how the community will shape up around this.

Yeah, it's always hilarious how bitter people get if their darling game doesn't get the score they think it deserves after constantly dissing outlets on how they don't matter...

But generally look at how vocal people on here react to MP games or specifically Mobas, but then fellate SP games, most of them which doesn't seem to bring anything new except spectacle or "freedom".

From what I gathered about Evolve, it demod well at public shows both among players and press, but the alpha seems to be more divided.

Asgaro

I hope I don't come over as sketchy but... is it possible to get into the CS GO trading/skins/ESL_outcome_predictions thing, without actually playing CS GO?

The thing is: I've always been fascinated about the whole TF2 economy system.
But the problem is that TF2 is just not for me... I've tried getting into it several times in the past, but it just won't work.

CS GO on the other hand is something more in my style. So of course I was happy when I read Valve was starting an economy system as well in this game.
I've played it on a Free Weekend last year and really loved it. Few months ago I bought it in a sale.

But the thing is: the last year or so, I've been quite focused on finishing my Steam backlog and that means only playing SP games.
I don't have the drive to get into MP games at the moment and this will go on for quite some time.

So I was wondering: is it possible to get into the CS GO economy system without playing matches?
So that when I eventually want to get in MP gaming again and I get into CS GO, I have some kind of "head start" in regards to skins/..., compared to a totally new player?

The coming weeks I have to study for exams, so since I won't be gaming at all it would be nice to be able to spend some time on this CS GO thing if that's possible...

So I was wondering: is it possible to get into the CS GO economy system without playing matches?
So that when I eventually want to get in MP gaming again and I get into CS GO, I have some kind of "head start" in regards to skins/..., compared to a totally new player?

The coming weeks I have to study for exams, so since I won't be gaming at all it would be nice to be able to spend some time on this CS GO thing if that's possible...

It is, but it requires (if you want something rare)

a) tons of luck

or

b) tons of money

How it works is that you buy shitload of keys (expensive) and shitload of crates (worthless) and you just hope that something of actual value not only drops but also you find someone who wants to buy it from you. Then you buy more keys and more crates and more keys and more crates and more keys and you get the point.

Or if you just want many skins, the non-rare ones are practically free, so there's that too.

I don't have any experience with the ESL thing though.

Zia

I asked last night but didn't see where I was answered: has anyone played a decent amount of 1v1 Crawl and, if so, how is it?

Athleon

Evolve is just going to be a one time buy with DLC added on. My only problem with it is it's $60 already and having launch DLC, all my nope.

How is DLC going to work in a purely MP game though? I believe it has been established that map packs do more bad than good for MP communities. What else can be distributed as DLC, besides cosmetic stuff?

Sendou

I asked last night but didn't see where I was answered: has anyone played a decent amount of 1v1 Crawl and, if so, how is it?

Haven't seen much impressions about the game here but I did see someone saying it has solid bots. Take that as you will.

How is DLC going to work in a purely MP game though? I believe it has been established that map packs do more bad than good for MP communities. What else can be distributed as DLC, besides cosmetic stuff?

IIRC maps are going to be free, they are however going to charge people for different monsters and hunters.

I noticed I'm missing over 100 games, which are almost certainly all the f2p ones from that script. Should I bother running it again, or do you think they'll just remove them again?

If any of you are at all interested in Counter Strike or esports, you really should check out streams for ESL Cologne. There are some really amazing games happening.

kurahador

Thanks, from what I understand the microtransactions are the packs with more heroes right?

Yup...and they're expensive as hell.

XiPIgaT.jpg

Li Kao

SteamGaf, my SteamGaf, I know that I neglected you but I have a great news !!!
I found a store selling Mate in my French town.
If this is not on topic, I don't know what is.

Now my new goal in life is to find how much
will the calabash cost and if Mate is the same thing as Yerba Mate
Oh and I will have the first caipirinha of my life today. I will soon be one with SteamGaf !

Evo X

Having issues with Steam the past few days and can't figure out how to fix it. Anyone here got any advice?

Basically, whenever I click to start Steam, an update window opens, it goes to my auto-login, then it immediately shuts down without any warning.

Only odd thing I've noticed is that a "SteamErrorReport" process hangs in my Task Manager. It all started when I downloaded the SteamVR tool and opted in to it's beta. Don't know if that's a coincidence or not.

Already tried the ClientRegistryBlob fix, deleting everything except for SteamApps and Steam.exe from the Steam folder and redownloading, and trying while offline. Nothing has worked.

I'd really appreciate if anyone could help me out. Haven't been able to access any of my games, and it sucks.

Kiru

Finally removed all trailers & demos from my accountdetails. Thinking about also removing all F2P games. They shouldn't show them in your game list when you didn't play them.

bronson

I'm not complaining about the practice here, just the price. Minimum 10 bucks for a character you don't even know if you'll like using is damn steep.
There's a Test Center you can download that lets you preview any character you want at full power.

That said, the characters are a bit expensive -- best to wait for a BOGO sale or something similar.

I don't see none of my Steam friends wishlisting Resident Evil REMASTERED.

What's wrong with you? Fix that: http://store.steampowered.com/app/304240

Honestly I have already beat the game with both characters - incidentally I enjoyed the game the most in my first playthrough as the second time around I already knew what was going to happen next - and own still a copy of GC version, so as much as I would like to replay it someday,, right now there is other stuff I'm more interested in.

SteamGaf, my SteamGaf, I know that I neglected you but I have a great news !!!
I found a store selling Mate in my French town.
If this is not on topic, I don't know what is.

Out of curiosity, have you tried any Auchan supermarket?
I've often found there yerba mate along with other imported stuff although I have never bought it.

Dr Dogg

What with the recent store page with no purchase options phenomenon my top 10 on my wishlist has half of them with no prices. Looks kind of silly to be there but I guess that's the way Valve (and publishers to an extent) are tracking interest and other analytical information. That and removing a wishlist item before it goes on sale due to a poor review or user impressions is easier to handle than a sea of refunds.

Li Kao

Out of curiosity, have you tried any Auchan supermarket?
I've often found there yerba mate along with other imported stuff although I have never bought it.

Not a single Auchan store in my "departement" (France's administrative division for those that would follow this discussion). I found the stuff on a locally semi-famous delicatessen website. It will surely be of better quality but I must ready myself to have to sell a kidney for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom