• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

TombRaiderConsoleCompareThumb.jpg

From Nathalie Portman to Hale Berry.

Edit: A downgraded version of Hale Berry.

WillyFive

Watch_Dogs is a criminally underrated game. It's a shame that Ubi's disastrous marketing caused so much undeserved hate for the game. It set a very solid foundation for future entries and since it sold exceptionally good we should get a lot of them

Disastrous marketing? I was under the impression that the response the game got had nothing to do with any marketing.

Drakhyrr

Definitely prefer the cuter PC version style. Though they eventually want Lara to be more like the old Lara, the PC face was more in line with her current personality.

Also, they should have put a little more work animating the newer version.

gabbo

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Gunstarheroes/wishlist

Alright, its time for "Help Gunstar pick out a new game"

Last time people got me to buy Gone Home, Shovel Knight, and Speedrunners, and that worked out pretty well, so i've come to ask you again!

Shadow Warrior, Transistor, Abyss Odyssey

Definitely prefer the cuter PC version style. Though they eventually want Lara to be more like the old Lara, the PC face was more in line with her current personality.

Also, they should have put a little more work animating the newer version.
Why would they do that? She looks, eyes aside, much better in the pc shot.

Hi guys, I am currently on vacation and didn't follow Steam news much in the last couple of days. Any important news or announcements that I should be aware of?
Heard that Hotline Miami 2 got leaked or something, which makes me happy because the official release shouldn't be too far away
Farming Simulator 15 got revealed, yo!

Have a good and relaxing vacation.
So... Steam Secret Santa for 2014?
How does that work? Pairs get chosen in a raffle and gift each other?

So, what's the hubbub, bub?
I google her new look because of your comment.
tomb-raider-definitve-edition.jpg

I wouldn't call her "retarded", but yeah, definitive edition is a downgrade.

TombRaiderConsoleCompareThumb.jpg
...Oh.

Well, now I want to protect Lara
from Crystal Dynamics
, so I guess their strategy is working.

I have an odd curiosity about Tomb Raider 2013, but I'm afraid that I will utterly despise how the game is designed. This is because, to me, TR2k13 seems like one of those games designed to be reviewer catnip, at the expense of everything else.

KarmaCow

Ys Origin question: What level is recommended for the sand level boss on hard? The boss has adds the will heal it if you don't dps them down fast enough and I can't seem to do it at lvl 28. My gear is all upgraded but I can't even get the boss to 50% before the healing starts outpacing my damage.

Turfster

I have an odd curiosity about Tomb Raider 2013, but I'm afraid that I will utterly despise how the game is designed. This is because, to me, TR2k13 seems like one of those games designed to be reviewer catnip, at the expense of everything else.

TR2013 is a good and fun Unchartedised game.
It's not classic Tomb Raider, but it's still worth playing.

Levyne

Banned
Ys Origin question: What level is recommended for the sand level boss on hard? The boss has adds the will heal it if you don't dps them down fast enough and I can't seem to do it at lvl 28. My gear is all upgraded but I can't even get the boss to 50% before the healing starts outpacing my damage.

I don't remember specifically, but I remember each exp level in Origin being very significant. More than once I would struggle on a boss, come back only 1 level higher, and have a lot more success (also due to practice and such).

Levyne

Banned
Got past the first Act in RAGE. It feels just like I'm being strung along, but it finally seems like it's opened up a bit. I don't care for the racing at all, though, not going to touch that unless the game requires it. I found myself thinking that I would rather just play a new Fallout, then found a vault-boy bobblehead item, lol. And even though I came in expecting the texture pop since I had previously played TNO, it's so much worse in this. Pc game wiki hooked me up with a decent fix, though. Annoying anecdote: I went off the beaten path early in the game and found a body of a character named "Juno." Couldn't do anything about it. Later I'm asked to go find him and all I could do was just retread to the same place again. Little irritating, now I'm not sure how laterally I want to approach the game if it's going to do stuff like that if I try to explore around.

The sky in the game is very pretty.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Totally agree. I was looking to see if there had been any recent news about the dlc campaign that's suppose to come out for the game but they haven't said anything since the season pass trailer it seems. Which made me sad.

I think the T-Bone campaign will be out in October

What I've seen being played of it was incredibly Ubi-sausage, only with "hacking" instead of AC parkours and whatever FarCry has.
I was interested at first, but what I've seen of the horrible story and repetitive mechanics totally killed every inclination I had of ever getting the game for myself.
I might be wrong, but... eh.
The first trailers promised "play as you want" stealth hiding in plain sight possibilities, which would have been interesting. Then they introduced guns, guns, guns and my interest dropped.

The main reason that I loved it was that I came in expecting a standard Ubi-fare, which was what I exactly got. The story was fine imo, even though it dragged at some parts and felt rushed at others, I like how Ubisoft takes real world events, twists them up and shapes them into major plot points for their games (the 2003 blackout in the case of Watch Dogs). The hacking was pretty basic, definitely a feature that I'd like to see them expand upon in future entries. The shooting was great, probably the best I've seen in a game of the genre

Disastrous marketing? I was under the impression that the response the game got had nothing to do with any marketing.

The downgrade fiasco and Ubi's overhyping coupled with the technical problems that the game had at launch despite Ubisoft's promises didn't sit well with many people. It sold very good ( expected for a Ubi game) and was well received by critics but a large portion of the gaming crowd hated it for the above reasons.

KarmaCow

I don't remember specifically, but I remember each exp level in Origin being very significant. More than once I would struggle on a boss, come back only 1 level higher, and have a lot more success (also due to practice and such).

I noticed that too with random mobs but from a FAQ I read, the recommended level is 32 and that seems like a rather huge spike. Just wondering how much grinding is involved and if it's worth continuing.

Hugstable

Banned
I'm genuinely confused about how anime is apparently racist. I really don't follow that logic at all.

It's Phil Fish being Phil Fish lol. He knows people read his tweets and get all mad and serious about it so he tends to do alot of troll things like the whole Fez 2 bullshit that's being going on for a while and tons of other comments. This kinda stuff shouldn't be new for those who have ever seen a Phil Fish tweet.

Does it count if my anime avatar is male and not cute?

Wil is so kawaii though lol :p

Sini

Holy shit how can people tolerate such terrible camera that Metal Gear Rising has? It has mind of its own and it's really afraid of enemies so it constantly tries to look away from them.

louiedog

I'm genuinely confused about how anime is apparently racist. I really don't follow that logic at all.

He's said that he sees a correlation with the people tweeting excuses for or embracing racist/sexist stuff largely having anime avatars. That's the context you don't get when only one or two tweets from long discussions (or in some cases tirades) get posted and twitter comments seemingly make no sense.

Copons

phil fish has one of the best twitters ever

Ditto.

Sometimes he comes out super harsh, but he's actually a true, old school, perfect troll, and I can't avoid respecting him with all my heart.

also, I may be the only one ever who likes him and hates his game :D

Caerith

Holy shit how can people tolerate such terrible camera that Metal Gear Rising has? It has mind of its own and it's really afraid of enemies so it constantly tries to look away from them.

Because just about everything else about the game rocks.

I wish Platinum would have had more than a year to work on the game, but I'm really enjoying it and hoping there's a direct sequel (like, starting right from the post-credit scene).

KarmaCow

It sucks, but it was only a major issue when I played a bit on Revengeance where a Mastiff hitting you from off screen can be deadly.

Also PvZ:GW is having a 3 day trial on Origin for those that are interested. It's like the ones they did for Titanfall and BF4, the time only counts down from when you launch it.

Tizoc

Phil FIsh will make Fez 2.
...and people will still reply and post about his tweets even when he says he isn't making the game.
It's a publicity stunt.

I don't normally notice bad cameras in games because it usually means people are unwilling to control it themselves, but yeah Rising's was really its own beast.

It's tolerable because the game is awesome despite that.

Yep, using Secret Santa Generator, you would have until the end of the sale to give your partner a game
I remember making that once in 5th class. I got an expensive toy and the other guy got a cheap chocolate bar. To my defense, I didn't know what I was even doing.

How was it last year? Sounds fun tbh. Sharing is caring, giving is fulfilling etc.
----
Lol at Fish regarding anime avatars. He gotta be trolling. Not all with them even watch anime. No sense at all. It's just a method, a blank slate. You can have moe crap alongside mature and sophisticated stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom