• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

thanks bud. I see you already have Invisible, Inc. Any impression yet? I'm highly interested. Also region free?

It's been a while since I played a build, but it's an interesting turn-based stealth game.
The focus is on moving quickly, because the longer you wait, the more alert the enemies are.
Get in with your team, get the <something> for that level, get out.

Benedict

Pinball Arcade S1 has an affordable price in Russia.

Edit:
I'm pretty sure I've seen S1 on sale at TF2outpost now, but it's not even an option when you search. Is it not giftable any more?

AHA-Lambda

I just played Depression Quest on Steam, and had actually forgotten until boot up I had played this game years before. The interesting thing is I can only now recall my experience playing it and how different the 2 playthroughs were.

Some IRL stuff here, but about 2 years ago I went through a bout of depression and playing this game I picked the choices that felt natural to me, and I failed miserably; the girlfriend left, hated the job, wasn't seeking therapy, mother was frustrated, whole thing.

Yet playing it today, it's a complete flip, all the scenarios went great just picking the options I felt like I would go for. I know many people won't get much out of a game like this, but I just really appreciated having that moment of introspection in seeing how far things have progressed for myself personally.
Thanks Zoe Quinn :)

derExperte

Serious Question time:
If SEGA announce Sonic 1 and 2 that were on iOS/Android to be released on Steam (at least) for $4.99 each BUT they are seperate games/listings than the Genesis Collection already on Steam, would you still buy them?

Keep in mind that the iOS/Android versions have the games run at 60 FPS and have their own set of neat additions and goodies.

Sonic 2 maybe, but I own Sonic 1 3D on the 3DS and that 'remake' is so good that I don't need anything else.

Pinball Arcade S1 has an affordable price in Russia.

Nice, I already own S1 but at 50% off it's a highly recommended purchase for pinball fan, Russian price or not.

Saty

Interesting..
Game developers want to work for Valve more than any other outfit, including their own, according to the International Game Developers Association's annual Developer Satisfaction Survey.

The group today released results from a poll of more than 2,200 developers earlier this year that asked for their most desired publisher or developer to work for. The full list follows below:

1. Valve
2. My own company
3. Activision Blizzard
4. BioWare
5. Ubisoft
6. Current employer
7. Nintendo
8. Naughty Dog
9. Double Fine
10. Bethesda Game Studios
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...to-work-for-valve-more-than-themselves-survey

Zia

Serious Question time:
If SEGA announce Sonic 1 and 2 that were on iOS/Android to be released on Steam (at least) for $4.99 each BUT they are seperate games/listings than the Genesis Collection already on Steam, would you still buy them?

Keep in mind that the iOS/Android versions have the games run at 60 FPS and have their own set of neat additions and goodies.

I would pay like $15 each and I don't even really like Sonic. I think what Christian Whitehead did, and what Sega allowed him to do, with those games is an incredible achievement and something other publishers should be looking at with an eye toward preservation. I'd throw money at that concept all day long.

Nzyme32

Source 2 got soft launched with Dota 2 Workshop Tools Alpha

REmake HD got announced

info on custom storefronts and new functions

new Silent Hill by Kojima and del Toro (no platform yet, but Steam release wouldn't be surprising)

Thanks, looks like I need to do some reading around

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Betrayer -- MB-8DEC536D5084878A - Taken by DJSebolski. 13 entrants total.

t1408471291z1.png

Teppic

2 Things
1- I am now obligated to get Little Big Adventure 1 and finally experience it, if it is as good as 2
The first game is just as good, if not better. It might be nostalgia talking though, I haven't played any of the games in a long time. Both are great games.

The first game might feel a bit dated to the second game, at least in the graphics department. The first game has fixed camera angles, while the second game has some larger areas with free camera.

Benedict

Sonic 2 maybe, but I own Sonic 1 3D on the 3DS and that 'remake' is so good that I don't need anything else.

Nice, I already own S1 but at 50% off it's a highly recommended purchase for pinball fan, Russian price or not.

I have them as well on PS3, Vita and PS4, as well as some tables on Android, Ouya and iPhone. Might get them on Steam if I get a good deal.

derExperte

Is betrayer+consortium worth five bucks? I'm considering buying the bundle but none of the other games look interesting to me.

For me it's Mysterious Cities of Gold, Consortium and Meltdown. Not sure about this one, I'll wait for the bonus unlocks.

Weren't there games RPS reveiwed negatively but had positive reviews from elsewhere?

John Walker and adventure games. Not a very happy relationship so I'll take his opinions less seriously than usual but 'a very dismissive PC port' makes me worried.

John Walker says:

It&#8217;s also not nearly as irritating and smug as Puzzle Agent.

That's something.

Dr Dogg

I think I've either outdone myself here or I've got a case of keyboard diarrhea on the go. ORANGE gives a guideline of 60-100 words for a recomendation so I write over 700! I think this might need some editing before going in the OP.

EDIT: Someone has indeed guessed them correctly, so only the "dumbest response gets a code" is still open.

I'll hand out codes to the winners on august 25th when the game releases!

Hahaha well I think I'm about to drop possibly the dumbest write up come recommendation of STFU anyone has ever seen if that counts. Do you folks know when you'll have a store page up? Will it be smack bang on release day? Cheers in advance.

Hugstable

Banned
The Taxman Sonic 1 port lets you
play as Super Sonic and I believe you can play as Tails and Knuckles in it too

Yeah those ports were really amazing. Didn't the Sonic 2 port also have a part of an old incomplete level in it also that you could find as a secret? Playing as Knuckles in Sonic 1 was so awesome lol

I think I've either outdone myself here or I've got a case of keyboard diarrhea on the go. ORANGE gives a guideline of 60-100 words for a recomendation so I write over 700! I think this might need some editing before going in the OP.

Ohh thanks for reminding me Dogg I still need to write up my impressions for Gauntlet for next month!

Turfster

Humble Jumbo 2 bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Van Helsing Complete Pack
  • Deadlight
  • Galactic Cilivizations II Ultimate
TIER 2: BTA (6.42$)
  • Terraria
  • KOF XIII
  • Crusader Kings II + 3DLC
TIER 3: 15$
  • Age of Empires Legacy Bundle