• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Valve doesn't sell any CD-keys on Steam Store. Thus they can't revoke anything bought from steam store. (Unless product has third party cd-keys, but that's rare case, but I think there was some price mistake and developer revoked those and forced Valve to refund)

Yeah, Rift's Ultimate Edition DLC was mistakenly priced at ~70c on the Thai store and Trion Worlds blacklisted the keys Steam generated for the sub, effectively forcing Valve to refund those who'd bought it.

Pachimari

I completed MAFIA II. I'm all set for MAFIA III come this October! Wow, some very great games these have been. I'll do the DLC next month if there's any story DLC.

Accoun

Today I booted up my PC to see updates installing at startup. OK.

When Windows (10) finally booted up, I was greeted by the desktop being only 1024x768 (IIRC). When I went to change it, the only available refresh rate was 60 Hz.
Give me back my 85 Hz! ;_;

Wok

Today I booted up my PC to see updates installing at startup. OK.

When Windows (10) finally booted up, I was greeted by the desktop being only 1024x768 (IIRC). When I went to change it, the only available refresh rate was 60 Hz.
Give me back my 85 Hz! ;_;

It sounds like graphic driver needs to be reinstalled.

I've got news for those of you who liked or disliked gleam.io giveways with their increasingly long amoynt of steps... (and decreasing quality like how many times can one receive woodle tree adventures until you achieve market saturation).

Gleam don't want to be involved in distributing Steam keys any more...unless it is from the developer themselves (which means Digital Homicide can continue using the service):
https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/zjAu8/gleam-killing-off-almost-all-steam-game-giveaways said:
QP2Ipkl.png
Trying to look at giveaways from people like review experts *shudder* gives you the following message:
Promotion disabled
Sorry, this promotion has been disabled

Wonder if that is the end of such groups or if they will find some other giveaway service to use.

Accoun

It sounds like graphic driver needs to be reinstalled.

That's what I did and didn't help... until I checked out the "non-standard resolutions" and it seems to have worked (before reinstalling it went back to 1024x768x60 every time I tried to use one).

OK, I guess?

Nzyme32

HONORING A PC LEGACY

TL;DR - PC development from Ubisoft might be getting more of a focus via Blue Byte focusing on console to PC ports for some games. Outside of Anno etc, and post-launch for Rainbow Six Siege, they will be doing For Honor on PC.

“PC has traditionally been the strongest platform in Germany, and after early hits like The Settlers and Battle Isle, it became the studio’s lead platform,” says Grindel, who leads the studio as Blue Byte’s managing director. “The team is absolutely passionate about PC gaming, and most of our developers are die-hard PC gamers.” This passion and renewed focus has been rewarded, with the team leading the charge on developing the PC version of For Honor, playing an important role in post-launch content for Rainbow Six Siege, and continuing to lead their own projects.

While Blue Byte has traditionally focused on developing established brands like Anno and The Settlers, “developing the PC version of For Honor is a watershed moment for the studio,” says Grindel. “We’re working to establish ourselves as experts in developing console titles for PC.” With a depth of knowledge that includes online games and big-name franchises, the studio is perfectly positioned to tackle the challenges of bringing PC players to the battlefields of For Honor.

Multiplatform development comes with inherent challenges, which the team is battling head-on. “It needs to have a PC look and feel, but it is also a balancing act,” says Philipp Sonnefeld, associate producer on the PC version of For Honor. “PC is the most powerful and diverse platform to develop for, so it’s about pushing the game to the limits of new hardware, while still keeping it accessible to a broad audience of PC gamers.”

“We’re working very closely with Ubisoft Montreal to ensure we deliver a true PC experience for players,” adds Sonnefeld.

Seems they are also involved with "improving Ubisoft’s digital distribution platform"

Edit - I'm slow on this, this is from 3 days ago!

Nzyme32

Play Wolfenstein 3D in you browser. Hello procrastination!

wtf at GMG
Soon deus ex will be 10 dollars
How do you know when to order
Don't they usually go up ?

strange

What the actual fuck! Serves me right for being so quick to buy. I also assumed prices would go up. Well, I'll keep an eye out to see if this becomes the norm for them or if this is some one off error. Either way, I can't complain at £29 even when it is now £23. £29 is the old school new PC game price that I was cool with back in the day.

Maybe game is shit and they want last money from idiots who preorder with reviews coming out soon? :p

Well Edge Magazine have given it 9/10. So there's that. Always possible that the PC version is shit - except we actually have people with PC review copies dropping info on performance, which so far seem very good.

Pachimari

I'm only like a few hours into Deus Ex: Human Revolution, but because I put it aside for some time, I can't remember what happened in the start.

Did the Pure Humanity (is that the name?) invade the Sarif HQ (why?) and their research facility, because Megan and her team had solved how to evolve humans at a faster rate? Who took the woman hostage, and what is his name?

Blitzhex

So sure?

Let's have a look at Just Cause by the same publisher SE. JC2 - well received (though it's meh), JC3 - bomba. JC2, DE HR - no denuvo; JC3, DE MD - denuvo.

Game already has a nine from edge and very favorable impressions from people who got it early here on neogaf.

The only bad game eidos montreal have made imo is theif 2014. I'm confident mankind divided would be of the same quality as human revolution, with all of the above in mind.

Ascheroth

Early impressions are positive so I'm just waiting for the proper reviews to go up and then I'll buy it.
Really don't question the discounts and just jump on that shaka brah!
Nah, still need to play through HR and I've already bought God Eater, which will easily last me the rest of the year and some more.

Parsnip

Mankind divided already 30€ @ gmg. Are they in some kind of rush?
Nuts.
Well I already ordered mine from elsewhere, and I'm too lazy to cancel that even though it's a shadier site and may not have the extra dlc mission.

News to me, thanks for posting.
Blue Byte, that's not a name I hear often these days. I hope they do good work so maybe next AC game is also PC optimized by them and not Ubi Kiev.

Ozium

Early impressions are positive so I'm just waiting for the proper reviews to go up and then I'll buy it.
Really don't question the discounts and just jump on that shaka brah!

Not about jumping on it's about knowing when to since the price at least on gmg has gone down down down so if you go there early then too bad so sad why are random pre ordering prices fluctuating out of joint... The early bird catches the worm except when it doesnt

Phinor

How are people getting EUR 30 for Deus Ex MD? It shows USD 36 for me @_@

Well in euro-zone it's just a bit cheaper this time, that happens maybe once a decade. All the other times USD price is much better than the EUR price. And even now with today's exchange rate, the difference is less than 2 euros or roughly 2 USD.

wtf at GMG
Soon deus ex will be 10 dollars
How do you know when to order
Don't they usually go up ?

strange

Bought.

It's probably less than $1 per "I never asked for this." Good conversion rate in my book.

Wasn't Gamesrepublic selling at this new price? Maybe GMG secured a new source of grey keys or just cut their markup to compete.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Mankind divided already 30€ @ gmg. Are they in some kind of rush?

I see GMG has stopped listing the source of their keys.

Wasn't Gamesrepublic selling at this new price? Maybe GMG secured a new source of grey keys or just cut their markup to compete.

GR has a lower base price, presumably due to it being based in Poland, and at 20% off (10% publisher discount + an optional 10%) it's still receiving 20% of each copy sold. GMG's keys will definitely be from cheaper physical copies as 40% off publisher-sourced keys would mean it's sacrificing its entire 30% cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom