• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its funny some companies just discount their games so much and others (activision) will be full priced forever. I am sure they actually make more money discounting games than if they left them all full priced like activision, however they should wait like a month. I am not complaining at all as I will buy it today :)

Zeknurn

Why do I have a feeling that this is going to lead to them becoming a port studio and we will never see another Settlers? Urgh.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
GMG is also still listed on the Deus Ex homepage for pre-orders too.

Yeah, the DDE's base discount is only 10%, which also points to the standard edition keys now being resold physical ones (the original discount peaked at the member-exclusive 25%).

Nzyme32

I never asked for this.

Bah, I swear that wasn't on the page before!

Never mind, either I'm blind or the page didn't load properly.

No worries - but still GMG are being a bit cheeky here. I thought I could refund and then get the cheaper price. They have cleverly timed this along with a small clause in pre-purchase refund rules:

So cleverly they time the price cut at the point where no one who already pre-purchased can refund. Brilliant. There is really no reason for this clause. The system for pre-purchases prior to a key being sent, should be easily automated since there is no reason to not give them a refund.

EDIT - I stand corrected - after asking they said and did refund "in this instance"

AHA-Lambda

Hmm, don't suppose anyone is doing a deal on the Deus ex season pass as well are they?

Deluxe is £58 just now which is crazy, but I got it from GMG before for £48

Just wondering if I can get the £24 standard and the season pass cheaper elsewhere :/

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What do I get with the Digital Deluxe Edition of Mankind Divided? I'm tempted by the GMG offer.

The Season Pass, the content of which has yet to be announced.

No worries - but still GMG are being a bit cheeky here. I thought I could refund and then get the cheaper price. They have cleverly timed this along with a small clause in pre-purchase refund rules:

So cleverly they time the price cut at the point where no one who already pre-purchased can refund. Brilliant. There is really no reason for this clause. The system for pre-purchases prior to a key being sent, should be easily automated since there is no reason to not give them a refund.

How sneaky.

Nzyme32

Hmm, don't suppose anyone is doing a deal on the Deus ex season pass as well are they?

Deluxe is £58 just now which is crazy, but I got it from GMG before for £48

Just wondering if I can get the £24 standard and the season pass cheaper elsewhere :/

I haven't seen the season pass available on it's own. You have to get the digital deluxe version if you want it now. I'd guess the season pass will be available individually once the game launches

AHA-Lambda

Well shit, Deluxe edition it is for me then :/
Least it was a decent price

Xclash

can't grow facial hair
Yeah, the DDE's base discount is only 10%, which also points to the standard edition keys now being resold physical ones (the original discount peaked at the member-exclusive 25%).

Yea that would be a good assumption. Its good to at least give pause to GMG after the whole witcher 3 situation. That being said, I did order from GMG and I can accept if the keys get revoked. Doubt that will happen but we will see.

Purkake4

Banned
DX: HR seems to have done this weird boom and bust hype cycle, kind of like Mass Effect. Everyone loved it in the beginning, then everyone realized the boss battles sucked and the ending(s) was total BS, plus there was the Letitia thing. Now there seems to be some strange nostalgia for it again.

Hmm, I wonder if they have any plans on keeping the prequel canon stuff going or have they just ditched the JC Denton stuff by now.

"Hi Robert - apologize for a delay in our response. For now we don't offer pre-order bonuses. If this changes, we will update our store page."

So, don't bother with Games Republic.

"Hi Robert - apologize for a delay in our response. For now we don't offer pre-order bonuses. If this changes, we will update our store page."

$36 at GMG right now anyway...with bonuses

I figured Games Republic wouldn't have the bonuses since they never added them to their site...other games (like Mafia III) do list them so it wasn't just a matter of them being lazy

Oh yeah, I literally just bought it from GMG (can always sell my key if it goes bust) but I'm just telling folks for the future.

Almost 5 days to tell me that, lol.

Knurek

You might have just had bad luck with vacation season here in full swing - quite possible that the only person in the company fluent in English was on a leave. :p
(Same thing happens whenever I have time off at my workplace).

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rockin' Ranger:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rockin' Ranger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Odallus: The Dark Call -- MB-403CD21A87CEB22D - Taken by KenOD. 20 entrants total.

t1471544053z1.png

fantomena

Nixxes porting the game.
Review embargo ends tomorrow.
Edge gave it a 9 apparently.

This is a pretty safe bet once reviews drop and we can check some opinions of respectable reviewers.

Im pretty sure a lot of people said somewhat the same thing about Arkham Knight and some other game I don't remember.

Just because an embargo ends early and it's ported by a studio with good history doesn't mean the port will still be good. I would love to be wrong though since Im also getting it on PC.

I don't know if I should make a stink about the $9 difference on my GMG pre-order. It doesn't really matter I guess just kind of lame for folks that pre-ordered early.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Im pretty sure a lot of people said somewhat the same thing about Arkham Knight and some other game I don't remember.

Just because an embargo ends early and it's ported by a studio with good history doesn't mean the port will still be good. I would love to be wrong though since Im also getting it on PC.

Nixxes has a fairly solid track record. They did Hitman, Tomb Raider, DX:HR, etc.

There is that possibility, but early leaks are saying it's a solid port.

Xanathus

Was gonna prepurchase DE MD before I left for work but it looks like GMG is buckling under the load.

Yeah I wanted to check it out but the site is all kinds of messed up for me. It looks like their discounted price is actually slightly cheaper than my local retailer's pricing which is kinda extraordinary. On the other hand I get a disc so I can play it faster...

Tizoc

Dang missed it XO
Ah well games republic it is then~

I'll grab the season pass when it goes for silly cheap during a sale.

EDIT: OH COME ON GAMES REPUBLIC WON'T LET ME REGISTER CUZ OF MY REGION WHAT THE HELL.

Grief.exe

Speaking of season passes, does the Elite Season Pass go on sale?

They added planet landings, asking with frequent random pieces of content, and now an alien force.

Seems like a good time to pick it up.

You know I posted about the gleam thing earlier. Should have got it from the horses mouth really as it makes for more interesting reading: https://gleam.io/docs/updates

So Valve were the ones that triggered this (by blocking gleam.io urls and making it so gleam.io can't authenticate via Steam) but I'm thinking gleam might have wanted to do something for a while given their final reason:
These campaigns end up eating up to 25% of our resources but drive less than 0.01% of our revenue
I'm guessing up to means the biggest surge when it a giveaway is launched and several corners of the web find out about it and all jump in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom