• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having family in town is like a paralytic. I'll be lucky if I get the recycling out to the road.

Which, of course, sucks since I was considering tracking down one those codes for Sniper Elite 3. I closed my previous Paypal account and starting a new one feels like asking me to move a mountain when there's an Indiana Jones marathon on Spike.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
The whole season wasn't good (even though I liked the finale more than the one of S1) but it doesn't even compare to the monstrosity that the TV show is

nothing does ... I BARELY made it to the third season ... and then I just stopped watching - it was too much for me

xBladeM6x

Closest would be to set the "away" or "busy" status on your profile.

While that's a solution, it's only a compromise of a solution. It would just be more effective to add a Appear Offline option to the list of statuses. It can't possibly be difficult to implement.

pahamrick

The whole season wasn't good (even though I liked the finale more than the one of S1) but it doesn't even compare to the monstrosity that the TV show is

The TV show walking dead is such a huge disappointment to me. I was so psyched when it was announced, being a fan of the comic.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
This looks pretty awesome, I'm a sucker for doges.

I ended up deciding to back it. It's very much a work in progress sort of thing, but I just can't say no to anything similar to The Thing :p

Which reminds me, I want the The Thing video game on Steam. It already has a PC version, but I'm pretty sure Activision owns it now, so there go my hopes :/

Oh wonky ragdolls, don't ever change.

I would say that looks painful but then again so did the throwing knife to the back of his skull.

Ragdoll physics are by far the best physics. Always good for a laugh.

Please read here:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ForsakenUprising/discussions/0/34096318873033676/

Basically this was a "Vote on Greenlight, then grab your free key later".

The developer first asked for Steam id providing a mail address, I sent my email with my id (the Steam nickname, no the account name of course).

Then ALL announcements simply disappeard from the group.

Now the developer wants all user to download a client in order to obtain the steam key, and this is smell bad in my opinion. I mean, they have a way to check if you voted the game on Greenlight, or they can simply put a website online in which you can log in with your Steam data and grab the free key if you voted, but this "download this in order to grab a key" is very very shady, as the fact that all announcements have been deleted.

Wow it's almost like voting for games on Greenlight to get a free key might be a bad idea when it involves untrustworthy devs (and apparently in this case pubs) or something. I'm shocked

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Seeing for 6, never done this sorting thing. Can you search for games?

This dude has a large stock of copies priced at 5 keys

The TV show walking dead is such a huge disappointment to me. I was so psyched when it was announced, being a fan of the comic.

Yeah, after Frank Darabont left the show became a joke. Plot is too slow, acting is bad for the most part, they don't bother developing characters outside of the 3-4 major ones. I still watch it for Lauren Cohan though :p

I don't know how the comic is right now but I gave it up after the
Neegan story arc started
. Didn't like it either

Nzyme32

I might be an outlier. I really enjoyed season 2 game overall. I find it hard to directly make a comparison to season 1 since I feel like inevitably the game will not be making anywhere near as strong an impact since that first experience is just being continued in season 2. I feel the same way about something like Portal 1 and Portal 2. That said, I still found the season enjoyable on it's own terms and was plenty engaged with it as I was in season 1. I was annoyed that episode length seemed short enough to be very noticeable, and it didn't help that achievements just fly by to indicate your fast approach to the end...

BasilZero

Finished mass effect last night - really live the game and can't believe I missed playing it last gen.

Playing assassin creed brotherhood next!

I haven't kept up, so I'm curious, have they fixed the durability problems yet?

The sticks really only start to shed if you're doing a Mario Party/Revengence analogue twirl. My left stick had a ton come off but I was able to smooth it out and it's hard to tell. Hasn't done it since so hopefully that's the end of the scenario. I only use it for the PS4 now though because I switched to the Xbox One controller for the PC.

Deadbeat

Banned
Mostly bots. Don't accept them
Whats funny is one dumbass didnt delete comments on his profile and it said "shitty bot account" from a ton of people. Of course I had to add him and sure enough he gave a bot link so I added another comment to that profile.

If you are going to scam people, put a little bit more effort into it.

kudoboi

The sticks really only start to shed if you're doing a Mario Party/Revengence analogue twirl. My left stick had a ton come off but I was able to smooth it out and it's hard to tell. Hasn't done it since so hopefully that's the end of the scenario. I only use it for the PS4 now though because I switched to the Xbox One controller for the PC.

which do you prefer? the xbox one controller or the dualshock 4?

Parsnip

On paper my issue with DS4 is the internal battery, which is why I haven't even entertained the thought of getting one.

The_Monk

Was there any word of a possibility of DLC for the Season 2 of The Walking Dead that I might have missed my good people? Thanks in advance!

Turfster

Finished mass effect last night - really live the game and can't believe I missed playing it last gen.

Depending on what you loved the first Mass Effect for, prepare for serious disappointment the further you go into the trilogy.
It basically drops all the interesting world building to turn it into yet another human-centric cover shooter

Tizoc

5 keys isn't much more than that at market prices. It's even a little cheaper if you buy the keys from a trader.

I just saw the recent post heh, yeah 5 TF2 Keys @ $2 a key is still worth it IMO.

Baron_Calamity claimed your Freedom Planet key. There were 89 entrants.
cONGRATS TO the winner, really hope you enjoy the game.
I recommend playing on Classic mode if ur not interested in the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom