• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prices are better, but getting a gift from the US is usually still 25% cheaper, so...

Yeah. Its still cheaper. I just noticed thats why the tradingprices arent as good as they used to be and then I checked Steam and saw that most games now have a special Euro-price instead of $=€.

Copons

Can you put the comment here?
@ Work on my phone right now and steam isn't working.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/copons/recommended/227300/

I must say I'm impressed. Driving a truck seems surprisingly funny, and my girlfriend too asked me lots of times "plz let me play". NO, I WON'T LET YOU PLAY. I'M THE MAN HERE, AND ONLY MEN ARE ALLOWED TO DRIVE TRUCKS. Uhn.

It was basically a rip off one of my most famed
:D
"Euro Truck Simulator 2 Adventures" that you can find somewhere in Steam threads.

Also, I truly enjoy OctarineParrot's comment:

Maybe he wanted to reaffirm gender equality?

How's the stardock DRM in Galactic Civilizations II? Really tempted to get it as it is only 3.74€ at greenmangaming. Is GalCiv2 better than the first one?

How's the stardock DRM in Galactic Civilizations II? Really tempted to get it as it is only 3.74€ at greenmangaming. Is GalCiv2 better than the first one?

When you first launch the game it prompts you to register it with a Stardock account. There is no other DRM; in fact, registering it gives you the option to download a DRM-free version directly from Stardock if you want.

And yes, it surpasses the first game in every respect.

XShagrath

About three weeks, yeah. I bought some more licensed stuff earlier but I passed on Guardians of Middle-earth as it may be featured during the Winter Sale (ideally 75%, but more likely, considering the general discount of 50%, is 66%).
Looks like a good bit of this is 75% off over at GMG. Couple it with the voucher for an extra 20%. Probably cheaper than you'll see it on Steam Proper.

Tomodachi

I'm sorry if it has already been discussed but I'm not very active on the thread lately and a quick search didn't answer my question, what happened with nuuvem? I bought a few things from them in the past but now I'm trying to get Burial at Sea and it says I can't buy it from my region... :/

FloatOn

About to buy Pacman on Gamestop but it says PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX+- [Digital Download via GameStop App]

Gamestop app??? Will I get a Steam code?

yeah I went through that song and dance for castlevania. it's quite dumb but you do get a key that you can redeem on steam.

Pakkidis

I bought some games from a bundle and have zero desire to play these games, so I'm giving them away. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Pakkidis:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Crusader Kings Complete: -- MB-463F1001077DE498 - Taken by denx. 9 entrants total.
Forge Starter Pack -- MB-EC82C41B112F362C - Taken by Kagemusha
Knights & Merchants: -- MB-83EB6C18BC9E9438 - Taken by Kifimbo. 4 entrants total.

t1386009771z1.png

ShinNL

Torchlight II is infinitely better than D3, so for $5? Absolutely.
Thanks, bought a 4-pack so I can share with my friends later.

Some japanese game fans can't understand there's a difference. Phil was right about that statement too even though he said it in the most dickish, forum-type way at a professional event.

But being a dick is not the same thing as being a racist.
If someone starts whining about how bad China is and whatnot just because I happened to be Chinese, then yeah, I considere that racist. That Japanese developer could've been me. He didn't have to take that abuse. It was racist to make that particular person feel like shit for no reason.

Dr Dogg

I've never heard of that (it never got to Italy), but if I cannot drive it beyond every EU speed limits, then I'm not a fan.

Well here in the UK it is the chocolate bar associated with truck drivers. This also played heavy on the ads and marketing culminating in the slogan "Yorkie: It's not for girls". Needless to say that didn't go down to well in recent times.

Surprised Nestle haven't got in on the ETS2 bandwaggon.

Tenrius

So today a random guy who liked my Scribblenauts Unlimited review gifted me Retro City Rampage for some reason.

And then I was added by a random Chechen (seemingly) guy and the following conversation occured:

Keldorn: Why did you add me?
=# corr3dizo: simply added to each other :)
Keldorn: Uh, okay then. How did you even find me though?
=# corr3dizo: good player
=# corr3dizo: I did not find, add good players
Keldorn: Thanks, I guess. But how do you know that I'm a good player?
=# corr3dizo: looked achievement badges, of course, in fact did not see: (

I'm not used to this level of exposure!

cicero

Wait, the Amazon deals right now give you the $5 credit in January for every purchase?

Now I need to buy stuff D:
$5 credit towards purchases from a special "Editor's Choice" selection of titles that usually change all throughout the month. Last year many people were doubtful the choices would be decent and were quite outspoken when the first choices weren't amazing. They were proven wrong though. For the past two years those January Amazon $5 credits were just fantastic for me. I even have bought small DLC just to rack up at least 10 $5 credits before January.

Copons

Well here in the UK it is the chocolate bar associated with truck drivers. This also played heavy on the ads and marketing culminating in the slogan "Yorkie: It's not for girls". Needless to say that didn't go down to well in recent times.

Surprised Nestle haven't got in on the ETS2 bandwaggon.

Yeah I noticed the "not for girls" in the Wiki page, but the fact that it's somewhat linked to truck drivers is awesome!
Next time I'm in London, I'll totally stock up on them to explicitly affirm my full endorsement of sexism, chocolate bars and trucking as a way of life.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
If someone starts whining about how bad China is and whatnot just because I happened to be Chinese, then yeah, I considere that racist. That Japanese developer could've been me. He didn't have to take that abuse. It was racist to make that particular person feel like shit for no reason.

If I remember correctly, wasn't the question specifically, "What do you think of modern Japanese games" and wasn't it asked by someone who was noticeably a non-native English speaker?

I'm not saying he responded in the best way, or anything, and he deserved the flogging he received about his tone. But he's bad enough already without having to call him racist, too.

Echoplx

$5 credit towards purchases from a special "Editor's Choice" selection of titles that usually change all throughout the month. Last year many people were doubtful the choices would be decent and were quite outspoken when the first choices weren't amazing. They were proven wrong though. For the past two years those January Amazon $5 credits were just fantastic for me. I even have bought small DLC just to rack up at least 10 $5 credits before January.

Yeah I know, I took advantage of them last year (so many free Hotline Miamis :p). I just didn't know they were active yet, I only bought from Amazon during the Steam winter sale period, not before.

Knurek

If I remember correctly, wasn't the question specifically, "What do you think of modern Japanese games" and wasn't it asked by someone who was noticeably a non-native English speaker?

Yeah, that was the gist of it. Not sure why people made such a fuss.
Most of modern Japanese games suck.

Arthea

Yeah, that was the gist of it. Not sure why people made such a fuss.
Most of modern Japanese games suck.

Even if that's true, nobody knows, it's impossible to play all games. Just pointing out obvious. ;)
Don't really care what devs talk or do until they make good games.
Although being douchebag in public usually don't help even devs.

Danj

I got an email saying Spacebase DF-9 is a daily deal, but it's not on the front page? Did they accidentally set up the last set of daily deals early or something?

Final chance for Jurassic Park The Game to be a daily. I've been waiting a while for this moment. I know today is going to be the day. I can feel it coming.

water-tremor.gif

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I'm starting to really appreciate the reviews feature on Steam.

How cool is that my sexist ranting comment about ETS2 managed to be the third most helpful review with "193 of 253 people (76%) found this review helpful"? :D

Yeah, my review literally got lost in the shuffle, as only one person recommended mine for ETS2, lol. It's way at the bottom. I should have put a joke in it or something...

cicero

Thanks, bought a 4-pack so I can share with my friends later.

Not to derail this thread...But being critical or even dismissal of China, or any other country, does not inherently make a person a "racist" without a distinctly racist component to the criticism. Also, racism is not logically determined solely by whether or not something induces hurt feelings.

Turfster

It's understandable that you don't like the game, but don't ruin a big part of its gameplay for others, please. In FEZ, the discovery practically is the game.

I never said I didn't like it, I just said it was bad for OCD people =p
I didn't think that was all that spoilery (I mean, it's basically the gameplay mechanic), but I spoiler tagged it...

ShinNL

I'm not saying he responded in the best way, or anything, and he deserved the flogging he received about his tone. But he's bad enough already without having to call him racist, too.
From my point of view, if I asked someone "What do you think of Chinese food?" and that person answers "Your food just suck" and then a whole rant after that...

I am not a representative for every Chinese person, I do not have to take the backlash.

By saying 'your', Fish simply saw a Japanese person and took it out on him, because you know, he's Japanese. I consider that racist.

Saw the video review, it seems I'm not missing out on much anyway.

Edit: This post should answer how I see it, cicero.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Put this in the EVE thread but I feel like no one is going to enter it there

ModBot said:
Instructions for dave is ok:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

EVE Online Pirate Frigate (not a game, just a ship! Go to www.eveonline.com/activate to redeem) -- MB-A97B6019140A682C - Taken by Kirosia. 3 entrants total.

t1386013056z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom