• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silky

Banned
Kind of annoyed. I can't find anything on this bug with Shadow Warrior in the forums or on google. Like holy shit I can deal with the red faces but when my setup can run SW without an issue, this really shouldn't be a fucking issue.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
That, and Terraria was cheap when I bought it (I snagged it during a pricing error when it was 1.50~2 USD)

Why is GABE on the front page of google!

carlos-juan-finlays-180th-birthday-5189722800390144-hp.jpg

I kid

Kind of annoyed. I can't find anything on this bug with Shadow Warrior in the forums or on google. Like holy shit I can deal with the red faces but when my setup can run SW without an issue, this really shouldn't be a fucking issue.
Wait, the sunburned faces is a bug? I thought you were talking about silly things in the game lol

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I got Terraria for free by crafting coal in the 2011 Winter sale.

Valve should do something like that again.

Ahh yeah, those free games. Apparently Valve removed them because free accounts and stuff.

:(

They should've make it so that you're required to have at least made a 5 USD purchase or own at least a 5 USD valued game to be legible for the freebies. Not sure if Steam could implement it though.

Colin.

There may be an encore set of Dailies, but the sale as a whole ends in 45 minutes. I don't play enough games to roll off recommendations (though I'll note Kentucky Route Zero is still my GOTY, assuming it counts -- it's episodic and not all eps have released yet), but there is this handy thread.

Thanks for the info Jase. There is some decent looking games in that thread, shame I have a lot of the ones I would be interested in. But I may get Retro/Grade, looks pretty fun.

Why is GABE on the front page of google!

Lol, the same thing came to my mind when I first saw it.

okayfrog

Banned
Damn, I just noticed Sacrifice is 75% off. I assumed it'd be 50% off like in the other sales. Oh well, I'll pick it up during the winter sale when it's (hopefully) 75% off again.

Echoplx

Yeah, I still have that. Don't have the digital artbook (which is DDE material, right?) either, so guess that's one more reason to get an upgrade.

From a quick search it seems the DDE does include the artbook. Might want to confirm that with someone who owns it though.

Edit: maybe not

The Digital Deluxe edition also came with the soundtrack and the behind the scenes footage, but lacked the figurines and the art book. Instead, the Babylonian civilization and a Cradle of Civilization map pack came with the edition.
http://www.giantbomb.com/sid-meiers-civilization-v/3030-30057/

Jawmuncher

They really should, but that would mean making sure SAM couldn't be used to get achievements.

If they ever go back to doing stuff like that it'll be badge related so they can get money.
I know that's why quite a few people are holding off on crafting anything.

r3n4ud

Is this news ?

HCsjkpC.jpg

Steam is confirmed btw.

Just to add to this, from Polygon

The Windows PC version of Velocity Ultra will be available Dec. 12 on Steam for $9.99, developer Curve Studios announced today.

The shoot-'em-up was originally developed by FuturLab as Velocity, which launched in May 2012 as a PlayStation mini for PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Portable. The studio released a PS Vita-native remake known as Velocity Ultra this past July, and Curve Studios brought that title to PS3 in November. FuturLab and Curve announced a PC version last month.

Curve is also handling the PC port, which runs at 60 frames per second. It includes configurable keyboard and mouse controls as well as full Steamworks support, which consists of leaderboards, Steam achievements and Steam Trading Cards. Curve's publishing arm, Curve Digital, is publishing the PC version of Velocity Ultra.

Looks real good :)

Turfster

Oh man. I saw that "Alex Hunter, Lord of the Mind" was released, and thought it might be another "Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death" type game, but sadly, it's not.
Lord of the Mind is still an awesome title to have, though.

Out of all the games I bought, I'd recommend:

Deadly Premonition: Very interesting story, interesting characters, and nice gameplay. A nice open world horror game. It has a few flaws like the difficulty being a little too easy, and the driving. It's still well worth the $12 depending if you want to get it now or wait until the next sale for it to get lower. (5hrs in)

Max Payne 3: Has nice gunplay and has a nice difficulty to it. A very nice 3rd person shooter. The story's pretty interesting because of Max's dialogue, and his past, but the overall story after that is pretty meh. Also the graphics are amazing, I saw a sweat drop trickle from Max's face, megaton for me.(5hrs in)

Bioshock Infinite: I like the setting and the gunplay is really great. Also it's pretty fun to look for the collectibles. (beat it once over a friends house, but 5hrs in currently)

Dishonored: I'm not gonna lie, I hated this game at the beginning but warmed up to it. After I got the powers and found out that the game had side missions within levels, made the game start to shine to me. It's a very good stealth game and has many ways to encounter situations. The story is pretty meh, but the gameplay is the best. (3hrs in)

I haven't beaten any of these, but I just wanted to recommend the ones I'm enjoying the most. I bought over 8 games and these 4 stood out for me. So if any of these go on sale, look into them.

Ricker

So...

Dust: An Elysian Tail
Enclave Steam
Shadow Warrior
Binary Domain
Max Payne
Max Payne 2
Max Payne 3
The Witcher 2
Serious Sam 3 BFE
Call of Juarez Gunslinger
System Shock 2
Papers, Please
Far Cry 3
Skyrim

Spent around $60 total
semttuloasdadsaprpug.png

All great games though,now stop buying and start playing lol ;)

I made it through the sale under budget:

Dust: An Elysian Tale
Portal 2, gifted to a friend
Spelunky
Outlast
Rogue Legacy
Electronic Super Joy

Not bad, and still have funds for the Christmas sale.

So yeah I launched Toki Tori which was included in Two Tribes Pack, one of my purchases in this sale. At first I was really worried that I wouldn't like it as I've seen the facts what it means. But fortunately the puzzles are quite neat and overall the game is an enjoyable indie so I think I can say I belong in the group "people who like Toki Tori". It's on sale now for 44 cents by the way. Destined to be in a bundle (and IIRC it also has been in one) too though.

I completed first 12 levels of Toki Tori and might do another 12 if my friends are late for our Sanctum 2 session. That's a great game btw, Sanctum 2, buy it for some fun co-op action. I like how the game looks too.

denx

Damn, I just noticed Sacrifice is 75% off. I assumed it'd be 50% off like in the other sales. Oh well, I'll pick it up during the winter sale when it's (hopefully) 75% off again.

I didn't even know Sacrifice was on Steam, so when I saw your post I rushed to Steam to buy the game, then at the last moment I remembered I already have the game on GOG. Wallet has been spared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom