• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lomax

I agree with your perspective, but I've gotten to the point where the chances of me finding a game I love and want to play in my library are like 200%. There's at least 20 games I know I will really love, and another 200 games I'm very likely to love, and I haven't even touched them once. Adding onto that list isn't "value," it's a waste of money. But this is like an opposite of a problem. :p

I had the same situation with eBooks at one point. My eBook catalog is getting more reasonable, but it's still easily in the realm of "you never need to buy another book again in your life."

Yeah, I totally agree, and every time I look at something to buy, I mostly just use it as incentive to play something I already have. Like people talked about Fallout 4 for a while, so I played New Vegas finally. Or I think about buying Steamworld Heist in the sale, and realize I never played the first XCOM. And so on and so on. And then the monthly supplements that with a drip feed of great stuff. But then I also clearly enjoy just buying games, so I do need some sense of doing that, and the monthly is sufficient for now.

Tizoc

You all do know you need to use the latest ver. of IdleMaster from jshackles' page right? Cuz I'm using that and got the Warhammer cards.

Salsa

friendly reminder to download Long War 2 and play on the easiest difficulty

had a strained face for the last 10 minutes wondering if I wanna do this

I beat XCOM2 on hard ironman when it (actually) came out (meaning the patch that fixed it) but it wasnt all... fun, as usual

iosefe

had a strained face for the last 10 minutes wondering if I wanna do this

I beat XCOM2 on hard ironman when it (actually) came out (meaning the patch that fixed it) but it wasnt all... fun, as usual

it will kick your ass. just saying. it changes the way you manage missions and your soldiers

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Ryse: Son of Rome -- MB-3F31FD944437C1C3 - Taken by MaxiLive. 11 entrants total.

t1486152473z1.png

It's a boring game, but it's probably the prettiest game I've ever played, especially at 60 fps.

neonglow

Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (neonglow, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

CONSORTIUM -- MB-1E95CFD17ED491F6 - Taken by Xevo. 1 entrants total.
Dino Run DX -- MB-64F108491C1FF8D5 - Taken by longlivegaming. 1 entrants total.
Night Blights -- MB-2411484F9B9D2437 - Taken by dave is ok. 1 entrants total.

t1486152379z1.png

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
If nothing else, I found Ryse to be a good game to test various video card settings with.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hmm... I actually haven't heard much of him since retirement, is he reclusive?

More private than reclusive; he spends the vast majority of his time at his home in the Bahamas, which seems rather fitting for a former Bond, haha. He is almost 90, after all.

Xeteh

I honestly didn't find Ryse to be that boring. I knew what it was going in to it so my expectations weren't super high. I had fun with it.

JakeD

RE7 and humble monthly was all it took to get me to abandon my "never buy a game with denuvo" policy

and lo and behold, there's a steam outage right as a couple thousand people are trying to boot abzu for the first time. maybe the backlash will help compel them to patch it out

I honestly didn't find Ryse to be that boring. I knew what it was going in to it so my expectations weren't super high. I had fun with it.

Same. I knocked it out on a sick day when I didn't want anything all that complex.

The game looks great and I'm a pretty big fan of Roman Republic/Empire history.

Wok

Does someone manage to download Hollow Knight? Both the torrent and the http link fail at some point during the download (not enough seed, or just http fail during download)?

qNdyr3M.png

Give me a Steam key, Humble. I'm fed up of crappy http servers or non-existent torrent seeders.

data

Would it be so hard for Valve to implement some bright colored icon on the client that shows up when it's maintenance time like Blizzard does?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of chronomac, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Abzu -- MB-E599EA52169733A7 - Taken by Orgen. 31 entrants total.

t1486156234z1.png

Pakkidis

This was a surprisingly good Humble monthly. I have 3 or 4 games on my wishlist in the new humble monthly...and I didn't subscribe :( My backlog is too big at the moment.

Y'know, I wonder.

What is with the strategy genre on PC and aggressive DLC?

Like, both Sega and Paradox have this thing going on where they have boatloads of $10~ DLCs that add little to the game. And that's not to forget XCOM 2's DLCs (Thank god for LW2).

Is it the lack of any real competition in the genre?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I switched so I could farm cards overnight on my Raspberry Pi's command line. Uses like 2 watts of power, it's great.

Oh damn here comes the guilt. I still love Enhanced Steam tho.

I'm just messing with you guys, I figure it's pretty much inevitable since Idle Master officially stopped being supported.

It could also break at any time for even small changes to the badge page - I don't have my dev box in front of me but it's possible they just pushed out a code change that breaks it.

Nzyme32

Uh, all my categories in Steam are gone.

Steam may have broken it. There was an issue with the recent games list apparently in the last beta, which then got fixed, so maybe its something similar.

I haven't bothered with catagories since for the past several years I've assumed Valve would update the client with better ways of sorting and filtering anyway. So many years later it finally looks like a possible concept, ergo it's still years away so I should probably just do my own catagories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom