• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

KS update suggested the "story mode" is being broken into episodes and will launch with 2. Post wouldn't comment on a date, but seemed like it should be first half of the year I'd think.

that's kinda even more disappointing but I guess understandable

it'd be cool to have a sandbox mode with more of an objective, even random ones or something like that

maybe the story mode will be super open and more like that, but it being episodic makes me think probably not

Afro

I really want The Long Dark to be out already

only Early Access game I really have no complaints at all with and it's probably the best survival game out there

but plz its been years. I've replayed the sandbox mode countless times

I dont even know who to complain to or if its even worth it cause the updates have been great

but I just want it

Early Access games actually leave Early Access?

NeoRaider

BTW. Now i kinda regret buying ABZU shortly after it was released for 2 hours of gameplay that i didn't really like, for around 17$ when i see ppl selling it for 1-2$ now.

Most of the time i want to support Indie developers but seeing how fast these games end up in different bundles and drop in price, i will change my habits.

Ladekabel

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ladekabel, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

t1cxE6r.gif
Ryse: Son of Rome -- MB-4F8A3363645FC849 - Taken by Shalashaska
ABZU -- MB-99D92CC5E6DFBF8E - Taken by louiedog

Two pretty games for the ones who are the fastest.

Sarcasm

that's kinda even more disappointing but I guess understandable

it'd be cool to have a sandbox mode with more of an objective, even random ones or something like that

maybe the story mode will be super open and more like that, but it being episodic makes me think probably not

Isn't that what those challenges things are? I can't get into the game. I enjoy the start, about 30 minutes, but I just lose interest. Any tips? The game is good.

It is also fun to watch streams of.

Aaron D.

Where's that guy who is always asking for Metal Arms on Steam?

I think this is as close as you're going to get.

LOL. Anyone remember that mega Metal Arms: UPRISING thread over on IGN?

One of the first online grassroots public-awareness campaigns I can remember. Devs even posted in there regularly.

Damn, I loved that game.

Lomax

I barely buy games anymore, just bundles. And I make a good choice, I think.

Yeah, I've wanted Steamworld Heist since it released, and considered it every sale, but getting it in the monthly just reinforces my will to not buy anything really. I feel a little bad that I'm not supporting the games I like well enough, but I do think the monthly is better support than regular bundles are.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yeah, I've wanted Steamworld Heist since it released, and considered it every sale, but getting it in the monthly just reinforces my will to not buy anything really. I feel a little bad that I'm not supporting the games I like well enough, but I do think the monthly is better support than regular bundles are.

its the monster they created

kionedrik

Humble must really hate me. Stopped buying the monthlies because all of I was getting were games I wasn't that interested in and in the following 2 months they bundle mostly games from my wishlist...

Wok

People do dumb and violent shit all the time but I'm hard pressed to take a person who would be quicker to defend a Nazi than an unarmed black child seriously.

If you read Blow's statement as him defending a Nazi, you are reading it wrong. (And if you are willing to punch him in the face for this statement, it is not cool.) If I remember what he wrote correctly, he has two points:
  • you don't fight hate/stupidity with violence, otherwise you alienate a part of your supporters and this creates an unwanted adverse effect, at least in a democracy,
  • if someone advocates hate and Nazi ideas, it should be up to the law to settle the penalty. This is a concept ("état de droit") which is very important to the European. I have just looked for the translation to English, it is ironically a German word: Rechtsstaat. I think Blow refers to this when he denounces the use of arbitrary violence in a civilized country.

bbd23

Humble must really hate me. Stopped buying the monthlies because all of I was getting were games I wasn't that interested in and in the following 2 months they bundle mostly games from my wishlist...

yup :(

I've always wanted to try ryse and heist

At this point I have so many games that my recent game purchases involve entirely theoretical playtime.

I just can't get any more games. Gotta unsub from the monthly, it's amazing but we've long since passed the point where I'm just paying for stuff on a list I'll never even install.

Ozium

already own abzu, project highrise and okhlos

shit bundle confirmed

also total warhammer characters wear fur

smh humble

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yeah, and just like with peak bundle, in a couple years we'll probably be lamenting the death of the monthly as the price goes up and the quality goes down. But for now it's great for us.

mind you, if you buy a game, and play the game, thats fine, you played it and you got whatever you spent worth out of it imo. Case in point, RE7 could show up in humble tomrow and I wouldnt regret buying it, I played and finished and enjoyed it.

The problem is, of course, most of us dont play games right away, they go in the backlog, so then the prospect of waiting becomes much more appealing.

Lomax

At this point I have so many games that my recent game purchases involve entirely theoretical playtime.

I just can't get any more games. Gotta unsub from the monthly, it's amazing but we've long since passed the point where I'm just paying for stuff on a list I'll never even install.

I enjoy the satisfaction of collecting and I never know what out of it I well end up playing. No, I'll never play it all, but who cares? I have endless options and the value is there. If I end up playing and loving just one of the games it will have been worthwhile, any more than that is just a great bonus. And I spend less than buying just three games a year at day one prices.

Phawx

Yea for sure. So glad I didn't buy Ryse during the Winter sale. P much I am going to absolutely wait on buying anything from Steam unless I am 100% going to play it immediately.

Otherwise I'll just wait for a bundle or eventually for super sale GOTY editions.

Rhaknar

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Ryse: Son of Rome -- MB-D48CBA9A8B94C02A - Taken by FLD. 13 entrants total.

t1486149330z1.png

its pretty as shit at least

I enjoy the satisfaction of collecting and I never know what out of it I well end up playing. No, I'll never play it all, but who cares? I have endless options and the value is there. If I end up playing and loving just one of the games it will have been worthwhile, any more than that is just a great bonus. And I spend less than buying just three games a year at day one prices.

I agree with your perspective, but I've gotten to the point where the chances of me finding a game I love and want to play in my library are like 200%. There's at least 20 games I know I will really love, and another 200 games I'm very likely to love, and I haven't even touched them once. Adding onto that list isn't "value," it's a waste of money. But this is like an opposite of a problem. :p

I had the same situation with eBooks at one point. My eBook catalog is getting more reasonable, but it's still easily in the realm of "you never need to buy another book again in your life."

Salsa

Isn't that what those challenges things are? I can't get into the game. I enjoy the start, about 30 minutes, but I just lose interest. Any tips? The game is good.

It is also fun to watch streams of.

not sure, might just not be your thing

it's a game of constant distress kind of and that doesnt sound too appealing but it's handled better than any other survival game (of the same style) i've seen

the challenges arent quite that open, some are, but then its like "escape the bear!". nice addition tho

also the game got so much better looking that I could run it at 100fps before and now its like chuggin to 40s on Ultra

Wok

indiegala has a rare good looking bundle up, most of the stuff is positive on steam, but most importantly, most of it was interesting enough for me initially to be on my wishlist.

$1

Escape The Past
Slash or Die
Verlies II

$3.50

Alphadia Genesis
Steamroll
Obliteracers
Robinson Crusoe and the Cursed Pirates
God of Word
KWAAN
Project Abyss

none of them seem to be repeats either. Good bundle? Good bundle.

edit: almost all have cards too

Guys, do you realize there is Obliteracers in this bundle? From what I read in the indie thread from a respectable indie fan, it is a must buy.

Really got my money's worth, don't own a single game from the bundle and I was curious to try Abzu and Ryse. Very nice. For someone who can't afford full price games PC gaming is a god send.

MadGear

Wow, Total Warhammer? I guess I'll get my first monthly bundle. I wanted to wait for the inevitable complete edition but oh well, I guess I can enjoy the game without having access to the chaos faction for a while.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Trying out ModBot for the stuff I'm not gonna play

ModBot 2 said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (QFNS, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Husk -- MB-FAB9D3C4A28BDDE8 - Taken by PaulSane. 8 entrants total.
2 Spooky 4 Me
Okhlos -- MB-7CDE3169D7B7D3F9 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 19 entrants total.

t1486235904z1.png

Aaron D.

This. So much this.

It's was esp. hard during Steam seasonal sales, doubly so back when they had "high pressure sale" Flash & Dailies. Just gobbling up titles 'cause the price was just too good to pass up. Dozens upon dozens of games that I've never even bothered to sample, let alone even install.

I've made a complete turnaround over the past year or so in this regard. Now I don't pull the trigger unless it's a game I'm ready to play now. As in, RIGHT NOW.

Have a 100% success rate with current Steam sales. Buying 2 or 3 titles per sale and mostly digging into all of them before the big sale even ends.

Feels good to be off that Collecting Just To Collect treadmill.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
It's basically the same thing, but small improvements (mechanics, story, graphics). Nothing huge.

You don't have to play Civ5 to understand/play Civ6 - there's no continuity. That's basically how Xcom1 and Xcom2 are.

Ideal, I'll start XCOM 2 soon :D

Got the Mass Effect mod too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom